LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 5 August 2012

Pantene Clarifying Shampoo


Being blonde, I'm always on the lookout for products that will help keep my hair looking bright and fresh. I noticed a while back that my hair was becoming difficult to manage - it was starting to feel dry and brittle, and the roots would become greasy after just a day. This was so impractical for me - having long hair means that washing and drying can be a chore, and after a busy week at uni/work it wasn't too fantastic having to spend a couple of hours washing, drying and styling my hair every night. The colour also looked dull and brassy. I'd heard about clarifying shampoos before, and I've used them in the past in handy sachets and small bottles - so i thought I'd hunt one down and give them another go.

This shampoo has solved my hair nightmare. For under a fiver, I've picked up a fantastic budget product that will last me ages and the most important thing is - it works. I was a little worried at first that this would strip my hair completely and I'd be left with dry ends and an even more un-tameable barnet that what I started with. I found it to be the complete opposite - even when washing the product out I found my hair felt so much softer and smoother, and when dry, looked bright and clean, as well as feeling light and 'swishy' (yes..swishy..) It's very gentle and won't strip your hair of moisture like other product removal shampoos ive tried - it leaves my hair feeling in really good condition. I'd gone from having to wash my hair every day to being back to being able to leave it a day or two in between washes. 

I don't use this everyday - I try to use it once or week or I'll just save it for when I can feel my hair is becoming weighed down with product or looking a bit lifeless and dull. I walked into work yesterday after using it the night before and my colleagues all said how blonde my hair looked - some even thought i had dyed it. It just goes to show you don't have to spend a fortune for a decent clarifying shampoo - I don't know how I ever lived without it and for the price, I'm certainly not complaining!

Any other clarifying shampoos you recommend?

24 comments:

  1. I swear by this shampoo! I have been using it for about a year now and love it. I use it every other time I wash my hair and it leaves it so soft and smooth - definitely my fave! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I dont know how i ever lived without it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Right i'm going to hunt this down! your 'before' description was my hair exactly ! Thanks for such a great review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately give it a go - its made my hair routine so much easier xx

      Delete
  3. Pleased you found something to sort out your hair, I wish they had this out when back when I was blonde. Although I might pick this up as my hair always needs a pick me, I hate when it feels horrible and dry at the ends. xxx

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a good shampoo :) I bet it works just as well on other hair colours and types :) I apply hair oil afterwards on the ends too and my hair looks in better condition that it has in ages x

      Delete
  4. Hey!
    I have recently fallen back in love with "Pantene" products. I'm currently using Pantene's colour protect shampoo, and its fantastic. I really want to try this, as I have just run out of my Kerastase Clarifying shampoo.

    India www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.com
    Giveaway - Benefit/Xentan/Elemis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! Their pro-v conditioner is great too :) Give this a whirl xx

      Delete
  5. Me and my mum both love using this stuff! I agree it's a very gentle clarifying shampoo - great for blondes but not so much the best for getting rid of product build up in my opinion xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really good :) Yeh id like to try a few others to compare it against - but it really brightens up my colour :) x

      Delete
  6. I thought they stopped making this shampoo! yaaay!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this in Boots but they only had massive bottles - still, for £5 it will last you ages! have a hunt :) xx

      Delete
  7. I'm definitely going to pick up one of these <3 I deep condition my hair a lot, but think it's lead to some silicones builing up. Apparently clarifying shampoos remove silicone build up, I've read a bit about these but always assumed they'd only be from high end brands for some reasonx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that too! There does seem to be a lack of these shampoos in the drugstore shops/cheaper brands. But keep your eyes peeled and theres a fair few - i know herbal essences do one too :) xx

      Delete
  8. Yes! I tried this once when they were selling a massive bottle off dead cheap at the supermarket because the top was broken. I thought I may as well get it and was so pleased with the results!

    Karys x
    whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the massive bottle too! Such good value ill be buying it again when it finally runs out xx

      Delete
  9. I feel as though my hairs going a bit dry and brassy, think I might try this!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. give it a go :) it will be a definate re-purchase for me! :) xx

      Delete
  10. i need this! i have long hair and it gets greasy so quickly, so my hair gets dry at the ends really quickly from washing it every day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine got like that too :( but this seems to help :) xx

      Delete
  11. I've tried this too and really liked it. My hair was getting greasy far too quickly and this helped a lot. However, I colour my hair and put off using this when in the first few weeks after my colour in fear of speeding up the fading process. Do you colour your hair? Or has anyone else used this on coloured hair and noticed a difference?

    xx
    rococ0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess i can imagine when youve just had your colour done its not the best shampoo to use.. I colour my hair but only with semi=permanent dyes and im naturally fairly blonde so colour fade isnt a massive issue for me - but i can imagine if your hair is red or a strong colour it wouldnt do it any favours. Id be intrigued to know! - i reckon you'd be fine if it was just highlights or a few shades from your natural colour :) xx

      Delete
  12. I'm ALWAYS on the look out for shampoos that will give my hair a little more "life" so this sounds amazing and super affordable!

    Thanks for your awesome comment on my newest blog post! made me laugh alot!

    Lovefayexoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    LoveFayexoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll definitely be trying this soon! I've noticed since coming back from holiday that my ends are so dry but my roots are so greasy :/ X

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x