LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 15 August 2012

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Range: Mini Reviews & Hair Tutorials


As a blonde, I like to take extra care of my hair colour to keep it in good condition and stop it from becoming brassy and unmanageable. John Frieda's Sheer Blonde range has been a firm favourite of mine now for quite some time and ever since I've used their products I haven't looked back. I thought I'd talk through a few of my favourites from the range for you fellow blondies out there!

Sheer Blonde Shampoo: There's a great choice when it comes to the Sheer Blonde shampoos. There's a variation for darker blondes (the darker yellow packaging) which I use in the winter months when my hair is duller, and the version for lighter blondes which I use in the summer when my hair is naturally lighter. They are also available in 'Moisturising' or 'Enhancing' - I find both enhance my highlights pretty well and I always notice a difference after using both, but if you bleach your hair often or it has become particularly dry in the sun, then the moisturising shampoo is a nice option to have. They smell amazing and are nice and thick in consistency, whilst having a subtle shimmer.

They also have a 'Colour Renew' range for toning - the purple toned shampoo is really gentle on the hair but knocks out any brassy tones and generally helps to keep the 'salon fresh' look for longer.

Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Spray: This is a product you're either going to love or hate and I think it depends on your hair type and colour of root regrowth. Personally, this is perfect for me as my hair is naturally quite light anyway. If I'm ever looking a bit 'mousey' around my roots I'll use this when blow drying and after a few uses my hair is back to bright blonde again.

Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo: I always pick up the travel size of this for when I fancy a bit of a 'blonde injection' as I don't like to use it on a regular basis. Again, it works on my hair colour perfectly and I find it helps to blend in any roots without needing to dye my hair.

Sheer Blonde Hair Repair Treatment: I grab a sachet or two of this for holidays or just when the mid-lengths of my hair are feeling a bit frazzled. Works like a dream and smells amazing. I find my hair looks less brassy after using this, particularly on the ends.

Sheer Blonde Spun Gold Shape + Shine Balm*: I've used this in the past when I had a few layers in my hair, as it works a treat for separating and styling. I've recently had the chance to try this again and I find it works well shaping the ends and also creating volume and texture when backcombing.  It has a beautiful shimmery finish which catches the light so it won't dull your colour. 

Sheer Blonde Boost Mousse: A colour correcting mousse to create volume and eliminate yellow tones in the hair. Now, I've had this a while and I believe they've now changed the packaging to purple to match the 'Sheer Blonde Colour Renew' range - a selection of purple toned products. I'll definitely be repurchasing when this one finally runs out as it's lightweight enough to create volume and also helps to keep any brassiness at bay.

The John Frieda Sheer Blonde range is by far one of the best ranges I've seen catered specifically towards us blondes. I've used it for a few years now and even though it's slightly pricier than your average, I really do think it's worth it for taking care of my colour.  John Frieda have also recently released some summer hair tutorials/inspiration on their Youtube channel which you can find here.

'The four distinct styles are designed to put the spotlight on blondes and compliment their individual style and hair type. The styles match each of the four lines within the Sheer Blonde® range, which offers tailor made solutions based on the following hair needs – Lightening, Tone Correcting, Moisturising and Enhancing.'



Have you tried the Sheer Blonde range? Any other products from the line you can recommend me?

8 comments:

  1. The balm looks really interesting. I'm gonna have to see if they do one for dark hair.

    P:S New follower.

    http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ I am trying to get my followers up at the moment so if you like what you see I will greatly appreciate your follow :).

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could use it on dark hair anyway! :) its not got any colour to it really - just a bit of shimmer x

      Delete
  2. I have used the sheer blonde shampoo and condition before and really like it! I think when you have blonde hair its important to maintain its colour. I am not using this shampoo at the moment but you have made me want to use it again! Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yes i really think it makes a difference to the condition of my hair and its colour :) x

      Delete
  3. I tried Sheer Blonde but I didn't find it overly moisturising on my hair :(

    xx


    wearenouvellevague

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried it but I felt like it dried my hair out a bit xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reviews hun,..Makes me want to be blonde again! :'( xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love John Frieda products for my blonde hair! I love the purple shampoo and conditioner too, they're more subtle than the Lee Stafford range X

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x