LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 21 August 2012

My Top 5 Drugstore Lipsticks

Swatches L-R: Rimmel 'Nude Pink' / Barry M '129' / Sleek Pout Paint 'Peachy Keen' / Revlon Lip Butter 'Lollipop' / MUA 'Shade 13' /

If you're a regular reader of my blog, then you will know that I make no secret of the fact that I'm the biggest lipstick junkie. I often splurge on my lipsticks simply because I get so much wear out of them, but sometimes I just want an affordable thrill to settle the lipstick-buying cravings! I thought I'd do my next post in my 'Top 5' series on 'drugstore' lipsticks - It took me a very long time to pick just 5 but I've tried to give an option for everyone here! If you're after something to satisfy your lipstick cravings without a ridiculous price tag or if you're still waiting for pay day then fear not, there are some fabulous lipsticks on the market that will still leave you change from a tenner...

Rimmel Lasting Finish in 'Nude Pink' - £4.99: A beautiful everyday shade that's easily wearable and has a slight sheen which helps to combat the look of dry lips. If I'm looking for a barely there colour I'll often opt for this one - it also looks fabulous with a tan in summer. A really great little all rounder. 

Barry M '129' - £4.99: One of the first lip products I ever bought and one that probably started my love affair with lipsticks - it's been a repurchase for me for a couple of years. The consistency is really creamy and soft and the lilac shade is really versatile - I often wear one layer of this for a flattering sheer finish but it can be built up. I'm aware the texture of these lipsticks vary depending on colour (i find the coral shade to be quite drying) but nonetheless they're worth a try if you like brighter, opaque shades.

Sleek Pout Paint in 'Peachy Keen' £4.99: The idea behind the Pout Paints is fantastic - there are 11 shades that you can mix together to create your own unique colours (I only own one at the moment because I like the colour as it is on it's own). They appear like a gloss at first but once patted onto the lips give a really opaque finish - a little goes a very long way with this one! A real fun concept if you're into really bold, bright colour then look no further.

Revlon Lip Butter in 'Lollipop' £7.99: Words cannot describe how much I love the lip butters. This blue toned pink is surprisingly pigmented and is really soft and er... buttery. If you suffer from dry lips then they're worth a try. If you fancy a peek at the other shades in the range/a more in depth review then I have a previous post on them here.

MUA 'Shade 13' £1: MUA lipsticks are the most purse friendly lip products you will find - and are of a really decent quality. My favourite shade is this red colour - it's really pigmented and applies really well, without being drying in the slightest. A perfect option if you want to try out statement lips and one that will suit a wide variety of skin tones.

Whats your favourite drugstore lippie?


Other Top 5's:

19 comments:

  1. I love the lasting finish by Rimmel lipsticks, especially the Kate ones - I own FAR too many of those haha! I'll need to try the MUA one though - that price is just undeniable haha!

    Gillian
    gillianetc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab! I literally can't pick my favourite colour they are all right up my street!

    http://lolarose1.blogspot.ie/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the MUA's lipsticks too.
    http://roseetbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the L'oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks and the Revlon Lip Butters :) Great post!

    emilyannbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lip butters! great choices :)
    Love India - www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.com

    Giveaway - Benefit Ultra Plush Lipgloss Of Your Choice
    Twitter - "JewelBeautyBlog"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have MUA Shade 13 too and I love it, it's the perfect red for me :) I really want to try the Sleek Pout Paints!

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lip butter looks amazing! I'm mad to try the pout paints too:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really don't think you can beat MUA for the value and it's pigmented and not drying. I just wish they had names (I love a good name on make up!)

    Sian x

    ReplyDelete
  9. MUA do amazing lipstick's! :D My favourite lipstick has to be Collection 2000's Grape Glitz, such a lovely colour on the lips!

    Vanese
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the lip butters :) This colour is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love MUA lipsticks - I think they're amazing quality for just £1 :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. really want to try the sleek pout paints, they look amazing! i love the mua lipsticks, cant believe how good they are for the price! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to try the Revlon lip butters, love the look of them & love Emma Stone xo
    http://madeinkayla.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Revlon Lip Butters, they are such a great formula

    ps. Im a new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i loved this post! Im such a huge fan of lipsticks! :)
    & i must try that revlon lip butter shade, it looks lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'm going to have to try a MUA lipstick! bargain at £1. The colour of the Barry M is gorgeous too xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that Rimmel lipstick, such a nice shade!

    www.signedwithlovex.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah I love the Revlon lip butters, there so nice! I have sweet tart and cotton candy.

    Love Becky xxx
    http://bjt92.blogspot.co.uk/
    p.s. i'm new to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally want that pout paint, that colour is gorgeous too - would love to see what it looks like on!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x