LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Fashion Favourite | Sheer Maxi Skirts

1. Maxi Skirt - Primark - £15 / 2. Dipped Hem Skirt - ASOS - £25

One thing I'm loving right now is maxi skirts and dresses. They're something I wouldn't wear on an every day basis yet they make for an interesting altenative for nights out and holiday outfits. One thing I do enjoy about summer is getting the legs out so I'm loving the side split and dipped hem styles that seem to be everywhere this year as it means I can still show off my tan but feel like a bit more of a 'classy bird' at the same time! 

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the black skirt in Primark - it's something you wouldn't usually find in there and i'd expect to pay double the price for a piece like this. The skirt it sheer material all the way down and has little knicker-shorts underneath so you can see your legs through it, and has side splits down both sides. I might be booking a last minute holiday for the week before I'm back at uni and if i do i'll definitely be bringing this with me - it will look amazing with a tan!

The second outfit is one i wore on a recent holiday to Lanzarote. I wish I hadn't worn the belt with it now as I think it ruins it slightly but I still love the skirt and I adore the pink/nude shade as I can pair it with most things. Here I paired it with a lace crop corset top from River Island and nude wedges (not seen). I love ASOS - it always has things I wouldn't normally pick up in the shops and I always grab my student discount too - if you're after some pretty skirts for a holiday or occasion I really recommend them; they're my favourite go-to online store for pay day treats!



34 comments:

  1. your outfit looks amazing and i love your hair <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so glamorous! I've been searching for aaages for these but they're either always sold out or not in my size </3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look lovely!
    i'm of the same opinion on maxi skirts, i have a maxi dipped hem dress from dorothy perkins in a pink like your skirt, but it has butterflies on.
    if you like that kind of thing its definitely worth a look!
    hope to speak soon, laura x
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these skirts, Cant believe the black one is from primark! bargain xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both so gorgeous! I got something similar yesterday but it's a dress with the same kind of dipped hem :) so comfy and flattering - I can't wait to wear it out!

    emilyannbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous I love maxi skirts :)
    Plus I have serious have envy right about now.. Gorgeous lovely!

    Http://throughchelseaseyes.com/

    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous outfits! :) So pretty :)

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe that black skirt is from Primark! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very jealous you found that skirt in Primark! I think you should do more outfit posts Beth, you always look gorgeous in them :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous skirts - I love them both! You are super beautiful too!! I love your hair, I am totally checking out your "how to grow your hair longer" post now!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely STUNNING.
    you look amazing in both babe but i LOVE the pink!!!
    you're a beaut aren't you! :D xxx

    hannahhindmarsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love anything maxi! These sheer skirts are stunning!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally picked up the primark maxi the other day in pink! Looks lovely on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love maxi skirts! I just wish they suited me more. You look amazing :)x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are FAR too beautiful!!
    Maxi skirts are fab on you!
    Seeing as I'm all of 5ft 2 I need a killer pair of heels to pull them off!!

    http://lolarose1.blogspot.ie/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous pieces you have there! You look bloody lovely! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are SO pretty its actually quite depressing! Ha :)

    JS Beauty & Style, I Follow Back.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photos Beth! I can't get enough of side split maxis, I'm definitely going to have to pick up the black Primark number! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're gorgeous beth! & your hair is amazing! :)
    Can't believe the black skirt was from primark! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of those skirts are lovely, you also look amazing! X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous! Im pretty jel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. serious hair envy, I also love maxi shirts this year. a firm favourite for a few years I can imagine :).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Maxi skirts suit you and I'm so jealous of how pretty you are and your hair, its beautiful!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so gorgeous missy! Love the skirt :)

    Love India xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loveeee that Primark one! Been looking for one of these, great post! Keep up the good work :)


    effytalkslife.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the black maxi! You look gorgeous x


    Http://www.twentyone08.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  27. you look so cute! love both skirts!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  28. In love with the black Primark one :) I totally agree about it looking much more expensive! Gorgeous! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love these skirts too, wish I'd discovered them earlier on in the summer! :/ X

    ReplyDelete
  30. been on holiday and just catching up on your blog! love sheer maxis and you look absolutely gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x