LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Bach Rescue Remedy | A Natural Remedy for Panic Attacks/Anxiety


I've mentioned on my blog in the past about my struggle dealing with panic attacks and it's something i've been quite open about (if this is an issue that concerns you and you want to know more about this then you can read my previous post on the subject here). I've tried everything and anything to try and get rid of them, and i've come to learn that nothing is ever going to take them away completely, but there are ways that you can help yourself to gain a more 'calm' state of mind. Bach Rescue Remedy is something I always keep in my bag and in my locker at work - I wouldn't say I use it regularly but it's always there if and when I should need it.


'Rescue® Remedy has been used successfully on stressful days where we suffer from impatience, tension and pressure. It has also been used successfully with children to stop a tantrum, before a speech or job interview. Rescue® Remedy helps us relax, get focused and get the needed calmness.'

I'm not going to pull the wool over your eyes and tell you this is the most amazing thing I've ever tried and that it takes away all feelings of panic - it doesn't. But it seems to help turn down the level of anxiety to a more manageable one.  The product is completely natural, and uses extracts from plants and flowers that have been known to be herbal remedies for all forms of stress and anxiety. I must admit I've always been slightly sceptical about whether things like this actually work - I'm the first person to pop a Nurofen when I have a headache - but I do seem to notice a slight difference to my anxiety levels when I use this. It's impossible to tell if this is purely a psychological process but if it makes me feel better by taking it, then I'll take it! Sometimes it doesn't work and sometimes it does. I really think it's down to when you take it and how bad the feelings actually are - it's a very personal thing but believe me, I wouldn't waste my money buying into it again if I didn't feel like it did something.

You can use Rescue Remedy in 2 different ways - it comes with a little pipette so you simply gather the liquid in the tube and either squeeze around 4 drops directly onto the tongue, or alternatively, you can pop a similar amount into your bottle of water to sip through the day. Personally, I prefer to just drop the liquid directly on the tongue as I find the smell/taste of the liquid quite calming (ohhhh goodness I sound like a nutter don't I?) If i wake up one day and feel a little bit 'wobbly' (usually if I know I have some form of test or stressful day up ahead) then I'll take it straight away. If you use it once the panic attack has gripped you then it isn't going to work - you have to recognise the underlying feelings of unease when they arise and begin to take it at that moment. I don't just use this for the sole purpose of trying to control my panic attacks - even if you don't suffer with them and are just a natural worrier then this could be the little boost you need. For example, I get quite stressed at work sometimes - if I'm having a bad day and customers are just getting on top of me, I'll put some in my drink and sip it throughout the rest of my shift. I'll use it before a flight, before a test or a meeting, or general situations where I know I'll be more likely to suffer from a panic attack.

You can pick this up in Boots for around £7 - and it also comes in a handy spray bottle and a tin of pastilles containing the same remedy. I personally find the liquid works better for me.


Have you ever tried the Rescue Remedies for panic attacks? What were your thoughts on it?



19 comments:

  1. Helloo!!!!!!! :)

    I have used Bach Resuce Remedy before for when I get nervous horse riding. My riding instructor put me onto it and I did feel a difference when I used it to when I didn't. It just took away that edge of nerves that I get if I feel that the ride might get the better of me or if we were going to do some jumping which I find daunting. :)

    It did come acropper tho!! Left it in my car's glove compartment and the top of the dropper had come loose so it all leaked out!! haha! Oh well :)

    It's a brilliant product and I'd rather take this than pop pills!!!!

    Sarah x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah :) thanks for your comment :)) I feel exactly the same about it - would much rather take this than pop pills for anxiety - its much safer! I find it takes the edge off any panic-y feelings or any nerves i get too - it doesnt take it away but it definitely helps a little bit. xx

      Delete
  2. I totally agree, I've taken this a few times, before my first driving lesson and as stupid as it sounds, before meeting my boyfriend's dad because I get so panicky when I know I'm going to meet new people. It definitely leaves you feeling more under control of your anxiety, although it doesn't take it all away it definitely helps! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the same thing chickeypea :) Doesnt take it away but i feel so much more in control when ive taken it than when i havent. It must do something - even if its just a bit of reassurance but theres something in it that instantly helps to gain back a bit of calm :) xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a product I need in my life. My anxiety has been really bad lately I've been using a herbal essence which I put in my drink but I wouldn't say its had the best effect on my anxiety. I may have to try this xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I have this too but in the tablet form! I may try this though for next time!


    Project Rattlebag

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds quite neat! I haven't ever seen this but I could definitely use it, I have a panicky mind.

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Beautiful!

    I actually had a panic attack last night, and it left me in a bad state until around 2am! - I have used this before, and also thought it was quite a good product. I think I might have to re-invest

    Lots of love ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not used this but heard of it, I'm an anxiety sufferer too and it's horrible, think I will need to invest in this to help keep the panic at bay, thanks for Sharing beautiful xxx


    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, as someone who suffers from anxiety as well as slight cases of paranoia this product sounds great. I think I'd be more likely to use it in a drink bottle and drink it throughout the day.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember a lady giving me the Rescue Remedy lollies (actually quite nice) on a plane once. They seemed to be quite soothing. Maybe it was just because candy is great though, maybe not.
    I've also had the Bach Rescue Remedy. It DOES help, but only with conjunction with other methods such as calming. the. heck. down!

    The Lovelorn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got this and don't like being without it in my bag even though I'm not sure how much it helps me, but agree it does seem to tune down those feelings...I hate the taste it's like pure alcohol - eargh! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never had a panic attack but I'm definitely affected by anxiety sometimes! For £7 there's not reason not to give it a go.
    Great post I never knew such things existed!
    x
    http://www.daniellesdiscerningeye.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definetly going to try this I actually think im going to pick myself up one tomorrow. I also suffer with panic attacks and they are horrible. Anything to reduce the panicy feeling I will try. xxx Thankyou for this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. At Relax Remedy every product we carry has been tested and sampled to ensure nothing but the best possible botanicals contain the 'Relax Remedy' name. Here are relax Remedy 2) trusted kratom vendor 3) relax remedy 4) kratom extracts Then 5) kratom capsules.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've used the original rescue remedy vial and the pastilles (of which taste awesome) on and off over the past few years, it really works! I deal with occasional anxiety and insomnia, and this along with Hyland's Calms Forte helps a lot. Good blog!

    ReplyDelete

  15. There are so many solutions are present in the market for anxiety disorder. Common treatment options include lifestyle

    changes, therapy, and medications. Medications are typically recommended only if other measures are not effective. We give to

    you the best Home Remedies For

    Anxiety
    which is work effectively in all situations. There are no any side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x