LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Brow-WOW | My Thoughts on Benefit's 'Gimme Brow'

Benefit | Gimme Brow | £17.50* | Link

If I could go back in time and offer my teenage self any beauty tips, (aside from staying away from the blue sparkly eyeshadow...) it would be to put the bloomin' tweezers down and stop over-plucking my brows within an inch of their life.  Skip forward a good few years and I'm stuck with rather sparse eyebrows that lack shape, fullness and definition - being blonde also doesn't do them any favours as they're very light in colour and without being filled in with a pencil, well, you'd question whether or not I was actually eyebrow-less. So, this being said, I think it's safe to say that my eyebrow routine is an important part of my daily getting ready process! As soon as I heard of Benefit's 'Gimme Brow' being released, I was intrigued.  I'm all for a good brow product, me. There's been a lot of brow products released onto the market just recently, and I have to say I'm always left feeling a bit disappointed - I'm a toughie to please! However, I can genuinely say I think I may have finally found one of my 'holy grail' brow products...

'Gimme Brow' is more than just a brow gel. Which is why I like it so much! Not only does it do a fantastic job of keeping the eyebrow hairs in place, but it's also buildable.  The fiber-gel attaches itself to the skin and hair and instantly makes your brows appear fuller - perfect for someone like me who's brows are definitely on the more 'sparse' side. Not only this, but Benefit have hit the nail on the head when it comes to the perfect wand - finally no more faffing around with awkward sized brushes (I've always been a fan of Mac's Brow Set and although I like it - the size of the wand can be hard to work with). The brush is just the right size to comb through your brows with precision and the ease of use is definitely one of its selling points for me.  It also contains no shimmer, and although it only comes in 2 shades, both are extremely universal. The pigmentation is actually really impressive - usually, brow gels can be quite sheer but these little beautys actually manage to provide instant colour pay off. I actually suit both colours - I've found it works for me when I use the lighter shade on the inner half of my brows and concentrate the darker one into my arch and the outer half for a perfect natural look.  Personally, I still have to fill in my brows either with a pencil or with the Benefit 'Brow-Zings' kit beforehand just because mine are so incredibly light, but I can image if you're blessed with good eyebrows already or have dark brows to begin with, a touch of this might be all you need.  Gimme Brow is the perfect finishing touch for me - the hairs appear much more defined and natural, and the fact it's buildable is such a good aspect. It's easy to apply 2 or 3 coats to build up definition to the level you desire without the finish going crispy (something I've found with other brow gels). My brows appear much more full after use and don't budge out of place all day.

So, are you fed up of me singing Gimme Brow's praises yet?! I really do think I've found my perfect brow gel and I will definitely be grabbing more when these run out.  I think that Benefit have ticked all the boxes for a perfect brow mascara and I'm still yet to try anything else on the market that's amazed me as much as this.  The fiber-gel concept is one of its main selling points for me - and it's made such a difference to the overall appearance of my eyebrows.  If you struggle with sparse brows, or have been a little bit disappointed with current brow-mascaras on the market, 'Gimme Brow' is well worth a try.  For £17.50, it isn't the cheapest, but definitely worth that extra bit of money. I wouldn't think twice about buying it again and I cannot fault a thing about it - it's very rare that a product really does impress me like this!  Ok, praise singing = complete. I think you've all got the picture now so I shall tottle off before I reel off anymore gushy phrases of adoration...

Have you tried Benefit's 'Gimme Brow'? Did you like it as much as me?

26 comments:

  1. Amazingg!! I know exactly what you mean... I have blonde eyelashes and brows and looking back at old pics of myself I just wonder whyyyy!
    I've been looking for a gel for my brows and this one seems to be the one most beauty bloggers are loving. I also use a MAC shadow to fill in my brows.. do you think they would work together or is it best used on it's own?
    Great post!!

    atouchofellie.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! I over plucked my eyebrows too, this sounds like a great product and the brush looks a good size too <3

    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have pretty full brows but I'm still so excited to give this a go; the Cara Delvigne effect is definitely what I'm going for at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always stuck with filling in my eyebrows being a ginger and fair, but I find that MAC's eyebrow pencil in Fling suits me so well! Could definitely try this one out for a change :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would have to be the happiest review I've seen on the product!! You've 100% convinced me I have to try this, the fibbers are very intriguing xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to be checking this out... sounds amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard a lot about this product - I'd love to try it! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing! great review xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, I can't wait to try these!

    lovefrombethan.blogspot.co.uk

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, I'll have to give them a go! Definitely need a bit more control of my brows over my usual pencil x

    www.headabovethecrowds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in love with these I want them so bad they look just fabulous!

    Emily xx
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so awful at neglecting my brows, I don't really know what I'm doing with them! This product sounds super handy though, I'll have a look at it next time I pass a counter.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will def be checking this out! How long does it last? It looked a little bit tiny! I love the Anastasia brow wiz, you should give it a try I think you would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cannot. Wait. To. Try! Looks like Benefit have done it again, this has made me even more eager to get my hands on it, loved the review♥
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone seems to be talking about these- they sound like they're the craze at the moment! I love benefit, their quirky packaging and funny claims always draw me in!

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love this product but same as you, I fill them in with eyeshadow first! It would be great to have an all in one brow product but as you say, I think you either need perfect brows or really thick ones for that! Great review :)
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've personally never used ANY brow product, but I feel like I am missing out now!
    Sounds like a fab product!

    www.accordingtoellie.co.uk

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely need to try this! I have really sparse brows from over plucking too so this sounds amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too wish I could go back and tell my teenage self a thing or two about makeup, I definitely over plucked!

    I haven't tried these yet, I tend to use brown eye shadows to fill in my brows but would definitely give these a go. Have you got any before and after pictures?

    Ash xx

    ashleedel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really want to try this, it sounds so good!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so good, I will definitely be checking it out! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    

P.S. I don't want this to be spammy but I am also hosting a £50 Giveaway at the moment if you wanted to enter here

    ReplyDelete
  22. It seems every young girl loved sparkly blue eyeshadow lol, these sound fab I definitely need to check them out

    A little bit Unique Blog/Bloglovin/Instagram/Facebook

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely love the sound of this, and the small wand looks perfect!

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just bought this and can't wait to try it, great review! xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x