LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 24 March 2013

Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers | A Review

Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers | £59.99 - Boots | For stockists see here |

Before Christmas, I spent a great deal of time researching the Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers but never quite took the plunge with them.  I've always loved big, bouncy hair but the furthest I'd ever ventured into the whole world of hair rollers and such-like was a pack of yer' average velcro ones from Boots. So, imagine how happy I was on Christmas morning when I discovered that Santa had very kindly treated me to these beauties. After using them a great deal over the past 3 months, I thought it was about time I give you all a run-down of my new favourites.. Apologies if this review is a little lengthy - but I've split the review into sections so you can pick and choose as you please depending on what you want to know..


Set Contents & Packaging
The packaging is the first thing that struck me with these rollers.. Call me a marketer's dream but the purple irridescent-y box just screams luxury (not pictured but trust me on this one, it's mesmerising!) In the box, you get a little leaflet which outlines how best to use the rollers depending on what you're after - volume, or curls, or even both. The set contains 10 large rollers, and 10 smaller 'medium' rollers - all with their own butterfly clip used to secure them onto your barnet. I have fairly long, thick hair and this amount is more than enough for me; I often have a couple of each left over once I've covered my whole head.


So how do the rollers work?
Enrapture rollers emit their heat from the core. As you can see from the photographs above, the rollers 'sit' on little bands of heated strips, which heat the roller from the inside. Once on your head, they emit heat from the core. The little butterfly clips also have a small metal plate on them, meaning your hair wrapped around the roller is surrounded with an even amount of heat - locking the style into your hair as the roller and clip heat up simultaneously. They don't take long to warm up at all - it takes all of 2 minutes, if that, for the little LED panel on the front to show that they're ready to use. Fear not, the rollers will not burn your hands - they slowly emit heat and even when on your head, they don't feel uncomfortably hot. I must admit it's lovely and toasty on these cold snowy mornings!

How I use the rollers
It took a little getting used to at first. I recommend trying them on a day where you have time to experiment as I found I had to work out my own little 'routine' with the rollers before I had it completely mastered.  The 10 larger rollers are meant for volume, and bouncy waves, so I tend to place these around my roots and the top sections of my hair. The smaller medium rollers are used for more defined curls, and I place these towards the bottom layers as this is where I like my curls to stay tighter. The velvet on the outside of the rollers helps to keep the hair in place, whilst avoiding snagging or breakage. I find it best to begin in the middle of the strand of hair, wrapping the ends around before rolling the roller up to the root. Using them in the same way as velcro rollers is very fiddly indeed - but once you've got the 'knack' it's superly-duperly easy peasy and you'll be able to do it with your peepers closed. 

I usually pop them in before I do my make-up of a morning, just to get the most out of the setting time.  If you're in a rush then you're fine to take them out after 20 minutes or so, but I leave them as long as I possibly can. If I'm going out for the night then I'll pop them in for a good hour or so whilst I'm eating my dinner! They sit very comfortably on the head and don't feel too weighty - I find the warmth very relaxing! I take strands no smaller than an inch or so and vary the sizes slightly to give a more natural look, and spray them lightly with a heat protectant and a quick spritz of Elnett hairspray before rolling the hair into the roller. The moisture helps to create the curl and 'set' the style a little more. When I take them out, I simply spray each curl lightly with the hairspray again, before general 'tousling' to make the waves look more natural. 

Finishing Touches
The hairstyle shown above was created using purely the heated rollers. You can see the volume and root lift it creates along with the smoothness of the curl.  One thing I find through curling my hair with straighteners and other appliances, is that my hair can feel a little dry - these rollers help to keep your hair soft, smooth and touchable and look effortlessly natural.  I do find some sections can drop slightly, but setting with hairspray really helps keep them in for longer. If I accidentally leave any ends or small pieces of hair out of the roller (as you can see in the photograph above), I just tidy them up by curling them with the straighteners to blend in - it's such a quick and easy way of styling. Definitely a lazy-girl's go-to method for wavy-princess hair!

Are they worth it?
I adore these rollers so much and have been so impressed with them. They really are worth every penny (can you gather how much I love them yet?.. I sound like a broken record!). I love the fact you can alter the style you wish to go for depending on the size of the rollers you use - making them so versatile for day or night.  I love popping them in, doing my make-up for the day and not having to worry about spending ages on styling my hair, as as soon as I take them out the rollers have already done the work for me. All that's left to do is general finishing and touching up.  You do need to find a good hairspray to use - as on days where there's a bit of moisture in the air (typical English silly weather) I tend to find they drop a little bit quicker.  Overall, they are a staple in my hair routine that I genuinely couldn't live without now - they have changed my perception of rollers and give my hair that extra 'oomph' that I haven't been able to achieve before.  All of you fellow big hair fanatics - I urge you to give these a whirl! You can find them on their website here.

Have you tried Enrapture Heated Rollers or other Enrapture hair tools? What were your thoughts?


52 comments:

  1. Great review hun! I've been wanting to get a great heated rollers for a while now. I am too lazy sometimes to use my curling want... These sound absolutely amazing and the result is incredible! I'm definitely getting these now! ((:

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Ahh me too - sometimes too lazy to fiddle and faff around with tongs so these are perfect :) xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks Megan :) its all down to the rollers! :) x

      Delete
  3. These sound really amazing, and your hair looks seriously gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. theyre really good! Thankyou Catherine :) x

      Delete
  4. Great review and your hair looks so fab in that photo! I had these for Christmas too, I love the initial results I get from these but my curls just never seem to last which is really disappointing. What hairspray do you use? I'm using Tresemme but it just isn't making much of a difference for me in terms of curls lasting :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lydia!
      I find that at times too - i think it depends on the weather! I use a mixture of John Frieda Frizz Ease which is more like a setting spray - and then I use Elnett's Volume spray misted over it - it seems to work for me! xx

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks amazing! I've got the totem styler and I LOVE it, desperate to try other things by enraptureUK there such a great brand!
    Lyndseymaebeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the Totem styler! Ive been so impressed with these :) x

      Delete
  6. These look really good to try & the price i think is very reasonable considering they heat up in 2 mins! :) your hair looks gorgeous too :)
    i think i would get confused when putting these in :P i had velcro rollers in & omg! i was get a tad stressed haha :P & i like that they come with a clip - thats very handy to keep them in your hair :)
    can imagine popping these in my hair then applying my make-up for a girlie night out ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks lovely! :) I find these sooo much easier than velvro ones :) there's a few online tutorials so if you ever do get them its worth having a little watch :) xx

      Delete
  7. I want to try these so badly now! + your hair looks gorgeous :) x
    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks amazing Beth and you look gorgeous as ever! I have been wanting to get my hands on some heated rollers and have been eyeing these ones up for ages, they definitely make it to the top of my wish list now, fab post beaut xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Major hair envy going on right now!:D I've heard so many good things about these and the totum styler I think its called? I think I'm leaning more towards the rollers now though..my bank account blames you!;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hair as I've said many times before. The rollers are so good and perfect for body and volume! These are on my wishlist, I have the totem styler and absolutely love it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've wanted these for so long! Major hair envy, its amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah I have these and love them so much! Your hair is so gorgeous!
    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair looks beautiful! I've been interested in giving heated rollers a go so I'll definitely consider these! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair looks seriously amazing, i swear by my rollers...the curls they create are perfect xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. These never look nearly as fab in my hair as they do in yours! Not fair! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have these rollers but im so rubbish with rollers, your hair looks lovely though. Do you roll them all the way to the top of your head? if that makes sense? haha x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hair looks gorgeous, major hair envy over here! I've been thinking about trying something from the enrapture range for a while now :)

    Jessica x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really want to try these, your hair looks so nice! :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow your hair looks amazing and your blog is really cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Been wanting these for aages :) Your hair looks beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. so glad you did a post on these lovely :) I have serious hair envy every single time I see a picture of you!! Lovely review and you look gorgeous in that picture! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aboslutely gorgeous result! I need to get my hands on these rollers, my hair is in dire need of a new style update

    love your blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been umming and aaring about getting heated rollers for ages as I have thick hair do didn't know if they would be worth the price they are but the curls they have given you are beautiful and I think its persuaded me even more to try some out!

    chloeopinions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really want heated rollers and since I use foam rollers mostly everyday I thought it would be nice to get heated ones. I have to check these out cause they sound amazing! Great review sweetie!

    Jackie @ http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow.. serious hair envy! Your hair looks gorgeous! Love the idea of heated rollers :) x


    http://justanotherhighmaintenancegirl.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have these and they are as good as everyone says. Your hair looks beautiful.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so jealous of your hair! It looks gorgeous :)

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been wanting to try these for so long! Your hair looks gorgeous :) x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just discovered this blog via Corrie's :) in love with it already !! Making me want enrapture rollers even more !! New fave blog for sure ! X

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this post - your hair looks stunning! Definitely going to invest! X

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great review:)
    I also got these rollers for Christmas however, I cannot get them to work in my hair - I want it to look like yours but it just goes frizzy! Do you roll the rollers in or out?

    fashion--geek.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm desperate to try these, they made your hair look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your hair looks so pretty in the pic and really natural. X

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have these and love them too, your hair looks amazing
    Laura xxx
    www.whatlauralovesuk.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I LOVE these rollers they are the best hair tool I have ever received!!! Your hair looks fantastic after using them! x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've used cheaper ones and they haven't held the curls so scared to buy these in case it doesn't work! they look so good though! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really want these! I'm useless at doing my hair though so I'm not sure if they'd be wasted on me xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have these babe.. and I cannot get the curls to last longer than half an hour? My hair is long but they just drop straight out. I've tried so many hair sprays but nope nothing! xox

    ReplyDelete
  39. I've just bought this and I'm so excited to try them out! Love your pictures xox

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your hair looks amazing from them. Mine is a similar length and thickness, should I take the plunge too...

    ReplyDelete
  41. Just bought these and now I'm super excited after seeing how gorge you hair looks!

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x