LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 31 March 2013

POP Beauty | Lid 'Amethyst' Eyeshadow Palette


Happy Easter to all of my lovely readers - I do hope that Mr Easter bunny has hopped over to your neck of the woods and bought you some wonderful edible goodies! For most of you, I'm sure the day will consist mainly of chocolate-egg devouring - maybe with a cheeky Sunday roast thrown into the mix, all together with a little dose of crappy telly. Easter has got to be the one day of the year that you can eat all the chocolate you could ever want, purely guilt free. What's a girl not to love about that?! Anyway, chocolate aside, I thought I'd type up a little post today on one of my newest additions to my eyeshadow drawer - the POP lid eyeshadow palette in 'Amethyst'. I've wanted one of these palettes for yonks now, but never ordered myself one simply because I swear by my Urban Decay Naked Palettes so much - I just couldn't justify my need for another palette. However, justification flew out of the window well and truly when I spotted one in the lovely Gemma's blogsale. I simply had to get my mitts on it.

The palette contains 6 eye shadows which progress from the darker 'smoky' end of the scale to light neutrals. The shades are described on the website as 'cocoa and maroon' tones - and contain a selection of browns, pale pastels and pretty lilacs. I have green eyes, so I find lilac toned shadows bring out the colour of my eyes very well - and make a lovely change from the golds and taupes I usually opt for.  I'd heard through the bloggery-grapevine that these shadows were really buttery and soft to the touch - and I can indeed confirm that the blogger-grapevine was correct.  I don't find these shadows powdery at all - the darker shades inparticularly are unbelievably creamy and the pigmentation is fantastic. They smooth onto the lid perfectly, and are amazingly blendable.  I find that the 2 lightest shades need a little more building up, but that might just be my skin tone. I find all 6 of really great quality, and the subtle shimmer in a select few of them just gives that extra bit of something special.  I'm all for a little bit of shimmer in my shadows - I find it makes them show up a little more.

What I love most about this palette though, is the size.  I wish so much I'd taken a photograph of the sides (sorry..bad blogger..but let's be honest it wouldn't have made for a very interesting bit of photography would it?) The palette is wafer thin - at not even a centimetre tall it's practical for travel and storage, and above all else it's strangely satisfying. It almost feels as if you're gripping a little credit card in your hands! For someone who travels a lot, these little palettes are fantastic. It's almost weightless (hello extra room in your luggage!)

The palette also has little handy hints for eye-looks you can create on the inside - giving you a starting point for any smoky eye looks you might wish to create. I find the middle two shades perfect for a daytime bit of colour - it's subtle without being too dramatic. The lighter shades are lovely base colours, and are perfect for highlighting the brow bone or inner corners of the eyes. It also comes with a little handy applicator - I hardly ever use these to be honest but it's a nice little finishing touch for on the go. Wear time is up there with my beloved Urban Decay palettes - I use a primer beforehand but the stronger shades of the bunch will probably stay put regardless! Overall, a massive thumbs up for me. I love this palette more than I expected to. So much so that I have my eye on there other ones in the range (typical me.. I can't just stop at one) which include 'Monochrome' - perfect for smoky eyes, 'Nude' - a possible mini Naked Palette dupe?, 'Bronzer' (i reckon this will be my next one!) and 'Neon' - for the colour loving ladies amongst you. They also do other variations of palettes - some being stocked on ASOS here, alternatively you can have a nosey at the website for a bigger range.

Have you tried the POP lid palettes? Which one have you got your eye on?
 

39 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. me too! Its probably the most pigmented of the bunch x

      Delete
  2. Ah this looks like such a lovely palette hun! The colors look fab! I've never tried anything from POP Cosmetics, but I feel like I need to get this one! ((: Great review and Happy Easter! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! And a happy Easter to you too :)
      Im definitely going to invest in another one - really recommend the mini palettes! x

      Delete
  3. These colors are lovely! Not to mention so prefect for spring! :) I love POP nail color, never have tried their eye colors though, but this just may inspire me :)
    xo, Haylee
    http://www.dolledupdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this brand but the colours looks lovely x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous colours!! you're so right about the size too, nothing worse than finding lovely shades that have to be lugged about in a oversized packaging! great blog girl :)

    http://myrealfooddiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty palette, I love lilac shades. Happy easter!

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a gorgeous palette, I love neutrals. The two darkest colours look reeeeally lovely!

    Rosie
    x
    therunwayrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours, they look lovely and pigmented!
    Carissa xx
    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never even heard of this palette before but those kind of colours are my favourites to use! I might have to add this to the wishlist.
    Holly xo

    http://hollslucy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks a gorgeous palette beaut :) i love that it has a subtle shimmer too!! Il have to have a nosey for this :P

    Love Emily xx

    love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colours, beautiful pictures as always Beth :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great shades in such a handy little palette, they are all so wearable!

    http://barbiesparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a lovely looking palette :) Great photos Beth, hope you had a lovely Easter! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like the perfect palette for spring! I love pink toned shades it's just figuring out a good look to do with it!
    xxx

    andshesaidwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this looks like a lovely palette, I've never tried anything from POP but I have been in Pixi and bought a couple of things xx :)

    Great review!

    Tia
    xx
    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. These colours are stunning! I'm desperate to try one of these pallets, there so purtyyyy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow this is such a gorgeous palette, perfect for travelling!

    Laura xxx
    @whatlauraloves
    www.whatlauralovesuk.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These shades are so gorgeous! I love how they're pretty natural, but still fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That palette looks lovely! I love the look of the three darker shades. x

    http://dearjoy8.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful colours, I love that deep purple xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. the colours are so nice! i want to get one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow this is super pretty, i really want to get one now :)

    Mad Hatters Nail Party

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these colours, really wanna try it out! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. never tried this brand but this is a really cute palette! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh this palette looks lovely! I think I need to break out of my naked palette rut and this could be a very good place to start xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is adorable, I'm a sucker for small palettes - I just love them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've never tried any POP beauty products before. I must give them a go!

    letitiaharriet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. this palette looks great! just came across your blog new follower love it :) would love it if you had a sneak peek at mine :)

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. such a nice palette! especially love the lavender tones!

    grannygee.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I must get my hands on these! Nice colors, and it looks like it's very well pigmented. I love that purple color. Thanks for the post, because I didn't know this palette existed haha.

    maristicle12.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. your pictures are just amazing! You've def tempted me to give this a try although i already have so much eyeshadow it is slightly ridic! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Really pretty pallet, I don't know if I've heard of Pop before but it rings a bell.
    The size of it sells it to me, I'm forever lugging pallets about with me and it's always a pain.

    Sally x
    Rainydayfaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. It is stunning! I love this kind of palletes :)x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Really lovely colours, sounds really handy too! :)

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x