LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 26 March 2013

My Hair Growth Miracle | Hair Oils & How I Use Them


I've been growing my hair for quite a considerable amount of time now.  I'm a big lover of long hair and have been ever since I was a little nipper. I used to hate going to the hair dressers. Actually, thinking about it, I must have been a rather strange child - you could sit me in any dentist's chair, wave a tonne of drills and toothpaste tubes in my face and it wouldn't fuss me an ounce, but sit me in a hairdressers chair and flippin'eck - you'd certainly know about it! This little obsession with keeping my hair long has followed me into my twenties and believe me I've tried my fair share of nourishing treatments and products.. I thought I'd share with you my little miracles that have made a massive difference to my hair.

The time it takes people's hair to grow varies, but it's said that when it reaches a certain length (again this length varies from person to person) it can be very difficult to get it to grow past that point.  My hair got to that point about a year ago. I just couldn't seem to get it to budge. However, for the past 6-8 months I have been using hair oils - religiously. And when I say religiously I mean every single time I have washed my hair since I opened my first bottle. Honestly, I 'Brownie promise' you I've never missed an application since (those of you who were in the Brownies when you were younger will be aware that when a girl Brownie promises you - they're not messing about..)  So many of my friends and family have commented on the length of my hair, particularly in the last 2 months or so. It has grown a good inch and a half, so much so that my once 'just below boob lenth' hair is now just above my belly button when straight (please forgive me for the slightly immature description there..) 

If you read my blog back you will see I tried all sorts, Lee Stafford's growth treatment being one of them. Whilst this was good, If I'm honest I found it such a faff and I'm not one for spending ages washing product out of my hair - as it takes long enough as it is to shampoo and condition! Although I liked it, and my review is of it is a good one, I genuinely think using hair oils have made the difference in my hair - it's grown miraculously faster than it ever has before (family and friends have commented so it's not just my wishful thinking!), and also feels in much better condition.  Hair oils can be a fabulous quick fix for split ends, but continue to use them as part of your hair routine each time you wash your hair and you will certainly notice a difference. I simply towel dry my hair after using my tangle teezer, and before I switch to the hair-dryer I apply my mousse at the roots, before applying a little bit of my oil of choice through the ends of my hair, and over any 'frizzy' bits I've noticed in the mid-lengths. Here's my little run down of my current stash...

| Vo5 Miracle Concentrate |
This is the first oil I used. It's cheap. It's cheerful. And I think it works a treat. It comes with a little 'tear-dropper/pipette' that you simply use to gather the oil, place in your hands and run through the ends of your hair.  If you're new to hair oils I'd really suggest grabbing one of these. I'm on my second bottle now but the first one lasted me ages! I find that my hair feels amazingly soft to the touch after drying, and leaves the ends smelling lovely. It seems to seal split ends very well. 


| Macadamia Oil Healing Oil Spray |
This is another one of my faves and I just love the smell of the Macadamia products.  I use this when I want a slightly less 'heavy' application than the Vo5.  I find it very easy to use - fool proof almost - as there's no danger of applying too much. If your ends are very dry though you might find this isn't enough for you. It's really good for a general 'spruce up' and I find when sprayed through the mid-lengths and ends it seals in any frizzy-ness. Hooray!

| Macadamia Oil Healing Oil Treatment |
I actually haven't used this yet. I've been wanting to grab it for ages and found it in TKMaxx for a bargainous price! I shall be using this the same way as my Vo5 - when I want a more thorough application as I can imagine it will be much more nourishing than the oil spray. All Macadamia products smell amazingly good - they smell very 'salon-like' (very technical descriptions here..) They're a little pricier but I really do recommend them for those of you looking for more luxurious hair oil treatments. I shall let you know how I get on with this version!

Oils have most definitely become my 'go-to' hair saviour for any kind of hair problem! They've reduced my split ends, encouraged hair growth by quite a considerable amount and my hair feels more conditioned and soft than it ever has. If you've never used hair oil, I urge you to try one. You'll be amazed at how silky soft your hair is afterwards and frizzyness is most certainly reduced by a mile.  When your split ends are sealed, or even better - prevented, it stops the breakage from travelling up the hair shaft and making your hair strand thicker - which is what can prevent hair growth. Taking care of the ends of your hair really can make a difference to how it grows - the better the condition, the better the growth.

Have you tried any hair oils recently? What are your favourites?

39 comments:

  1. Ooo another informative post Beth :) i love the sound of hair oils & ive wanting to buy the argan oil for my hair to see a change but have never gotten round to buying it :(
    i remember going to buy the VO5 one like last year & then thinking nah it wont work - how wrong i was! :O i'll need to buy the vo5 one when i get paid this week :D
    roll on payday :D
    congrats on getting no1 on bloglovin up & coming again Beth :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou sunshine :)! Oo yes ive been wanting to try that - and i still need to grab some Moroccan oil - although my mum uses that so i may steal some and see how i get on :P
      It really does work! And all for a fiver! Use it for a few months and i bet youll see a mahoosive difference!
      Thanks again petal - i was very chuffed! Im a bit poorly with a silly cold right now so it made my day to see it :P xxx

      Delete
    2. no worries lovely :) oo you'll need to mention if you see a difference in the moroccan oil :)
      i got paid today so it maybe a checky purchase next time i get shampoo "it accidently fell into the basket" scenario :P haha
      aww i think everyone has been feeling a tad crap lately i know i have been :( bunged up & nose is annoying me :( its this typical british weather :( snow one minute then all the seasons :(
      weather been bad where you stay ? :(
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I use a bit of a mixture but I'm on the hunt for a new one, I might try the vo5 one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a whirl! Its only a fiver :) x

      Delete
  3. I loved my hair when it was super duper long (around your length - maybe even longer) but cut a lot off as I felt it weighed my hair down. Any tips on how you give your hair volume? :)

    I would loveee it if you would check my blog out? :DD

    http://hashtaglifeyumsigh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/always-notice-hashtag-life.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow you were very brave! I know what you mean though - mines starting to get weighed down now. I swear by Mark Hill's Va Va Voom mousse - ive used to many and i always end up back with that one! & i also dry my hair upside down. When i use hairspray i try not to overload it and i quite like the Elnett Volume version - the hold isnt the best though but it's fine for me.
      Also - try a volume powder like the Schwarzkopf one! (vo5 also do one) i use those on my mid-lengths when it looks flat :)

      xxx

      Delete
  4. Need to get my hands on these! My hair is terrible when it comes to growing, which sucks..big time.

    Steph xxx
    captivatingbeeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine can be a bit slow too :( I found these have really helped though :) xx

      Delete
  5. Fab post lovely! I'm in the exact same position as you - my hair has grown SO much since I started using hair oils, its actually insane! I can't recommend the Moroccan Oil enough! I know its pricey but honestly, its a miracle worker and it smells amazing too!! I do really like the Macadamia range though, particularly their leave-in cream if you ever fancy branching out and trying more of their products!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the macadamia healing oil and it's amazing. I've noticed such a difference since using hydrating and nourishing products on my hair. seriously you need to smallest about it's so hydrating, this bottle will last you ages. think I'll be doing a review of the mask and oil soon :)
    Ive just done about my haircare story here http://peachynotes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/my-haircare-hair-growth-story.html
    Jessica x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Macadamia oil!! & Like Kayleigh said the leave-in cream is amazing, such a beautiful smell and does wonders for my hair:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Macadamia products the oil has also helped my hair grow.
    If you fancy trying more of there products Macadamia then the treatment is amazing!

    pocockins.blogspot.co.uk
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHH thank you so much for giving us this advice! Been wanting my hair to grow for years.. It's finally feeling nice and long, but still not long enough! Really want to reach boobie length soon hahah.

    Please take a look at my blog - http://allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    I'm a new blogger and found your blog realy inspiring so I've added you to my favourite blogs list haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try the Macadamia Healing Oil Spray it sounds so good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a little collection of oils myself lol. Tresemme Liquid Gold, Argania Argan oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil and are the ones in my little collection at the moment. I quite like mixing the coconut & sweet almond oils into my deep conditioning treatments, makes my hair nice and soft.

    http://miakhymai.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Macadamia Deep Repair Masque seriously saved my hair! Love the stuff, & can't wait to try more from the line! Xox

    Cat
    MaybeBabyXo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been using hair oils for about the past year and I had never used then before! My hair has grown a lot and I think is in good condition! I have the macadamia oil and it is amazing, easily the best I've tried! I'm sure you'll love it! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I basically buy anything you say to buy when it comes to hair as your hair is ridic amazing - I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use Moroccan Oil which has always been fab for the condition of my hair, but not the length as it has now hit the stubborn phase. Have you used Moroccan Oil, and if so how do these compare?

    Becs x

    http://miscriant.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to try out the VO5 oil, such trouble trying to grow my hair out :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. VO5 do some great products, I'm just about to run out of a hair mask by them actually which I'm rather sad about as it smells soooo good and I think it works quite well too :)

    I'd love to give the oil a try!

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favourite thing in the world (OK maybe a litttttttttttle bit dramatic) is hair oils! I have 11 different branded bottles of the stuff, and I love them. They have made my hair grow at least 2 inches in the last 3 months alone! LOVE themmmmmmmmmm! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I keep going backwards and forwards between macadamia and the Moroccan oil, I can't seem to decide which works for me they, chop and change all the time, arrrgggg lol :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely LOVE hair oils! My hair has grown SO much since I started using my Maroccan Oil, it just works miracles for my hair! Great post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have some pure argan oil for hair and body and by gum it stinks!! After using it once I had to wash my hair again for the smell! It's meant to be amazing but it honestly wasn't worth the smell :') xx
    Lyndseymaebeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Morrocan Oil but so wanna try the Macadamia products! the oils and the deep repair mask :) x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the macadamia oil, it's definitely been a miracle product for me xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can I just quickly say? How beautiful are you! Seriously? Wow. As for oils, ha ha getting back onto subject here, I've only tried the Argon oils in the tiny little pump container and although it's good, it does leave my hair quite greasy which obviously isn't appealing. I've heard so much about the Morrocan and Macadamia oils that I think I just need to start buying them all as my hair is so damaged, from bleach, hot irons, you name it, I've done it and like you said too, my hair just will not grow past my chest. Why is this? Ha ha, it's like it's saying stuff you, that's for all the rubbish you've done to me. What am I going on about? Talking hair? Oh dear. My point is I loved your post and will 100% be purchasing these fab oils.

    Thank you for sharing lovely.
    Lots of love.
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post, I'm also trying to grow my hair and i've tried everything from oils to keratin treatments (you can view the post on my blog) to vitamins and im constantly trying new method this is really interesting as I have used the macadamia leave in conditioner before and i felt it didn't make a difference to my hair and I was much willing to try the moroccan oils but now that you've said this i may actually give macadamia another go, so thanks for the advice!

    http://kumbear-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. The best solution for hairloss for me is using RegenePure. One of the
    best hairloss shampoos, and it contains ketoconazole. I always get mine
    Greffe de cheveux

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'll definitely be picking up some of these! Winter is bad news for my hair, but I believe these will fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Items of this internet site usually are very good in addition to appreciative.

    Best Product to Treat Damaged Hair & Best hair growth product for braids

    ReplyDelete

  30. the<a href="http://atiqurrahman.epizy.com" rel="nofollow>cream is best for hair growth</a> Excellent product, actually works and doesn't make a hole in your pocket.hair feels smooth and tangle

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x