LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 10 March 2013

Big Clothing Haul | River Island, ASOS, Topshop, Primark & More


Hiddely-ho ladies! I do hope you've all had lovely weeks - you may have noticed I've gone a little bit 'off schedule' with my blog recently (I usually post on the same 3 days each week).. I do hope you can forgive my higgeldy-piggledy-ness (hows that for a mouthful?) the past couple of weeks or so but I'm currently doing my Final Major Project at uni and it's taking up a great deal of my spare time. I shall be sure to post some photos and a link to my 'graphic design-y' blog when I'm all done and dusted for those of you who might fancy a nosey! Anyway.. excuses and explanations aside, I thought I'd kick off this week with a clothing haul - because, lets face it, who doesn't love a good nose through people's shopping bags?! I know I do...


I was online shopping on Topshop recently because I needed a simple little black cami (i haven't photographed it but I picked up this one) and before I went to the checkout i spotted this little 'bunny ear' styled scrunchie. I thought it was so cute and I always shove my hair up in ponytails and buns when I'm around the house so this will add a touch of girlie-ness to my hair when I want to wear it up.


I've been after some more jewellery for a while to wear with t-shirts and high necked tops - this little pack from H&M was a bargain (around the £10 mark) and there's something there for every occasion and outfit. H&M do some fabulous jewellery - and I can't wait to head back and grab a few more pieces from there.

I'm in love with this little red number! I have no idea where I'm going to wear it yet - I think it's quite a versatile piece and it can work for day or night. I might wear it to uni soon with a little black cami underneath and some patterned tights. The colour is just so pretty - such a vibrant red.. (think Mac's 'Lady Danger' lipstick in clothing-form!) and I shall be adorning this for a night out in the near future I'm sure!


I picked up the lace dress a few weeks ago now - they were out of stock of my size everywhere but I was determined to get it. Luckily, one came available on ASOS and I put it in my shopping basket sharpish! I haven't worn it yet but as soon as the sun comes out I'll be wearing this everywhere - I'm just completely and utterly in love with it.  The v-neck bodysuit is also from ASOS, and I've bought this to wear on a night out in the next week or so with my disco pants and killer heels! The shoulder pads add some statement detail and make it perfect for a night out on the tiles - i'm always wearing dresses out in the evening and I very much fancied a change!


H&M had a cracking sale on! So i picked up a couple of blazers - this hot pink one being my favourite! I've wanted a fuchsia blazer for ages now and I was superly-duperly chuffed to grab this one in the sale for just £7! I get so much wear out of blazers - they just add a bit of 'professional chic' to any outfit.  The shift dress is such a staple item in my wardrobe and I also have it in black (if you like something you must buy it in every single colour after all!) It's one of those items that will take you from 'office to bar' in the blink of an eye and at £19.99 it didn't break the bank either.


The bird jumper from New Look just had to be mine... I have no excuse or justification for buying it really..apart from the fact it has bird print all over it and therefore it would have been criminal if i'd not took home to the safety of my wardrobe where nobody else could get their little mitts on it...  I saw the 'eyelash cardigan' on LLMLRS's YouTube and knew I had to have it. It looks amazing with leather trousers and a plain top and just adds a bit of texture to an outfit. It's really snuggly and warm and will take me through to Spring. It was also reduced to £25 in the sale - fandabbydoozy if i don't say so myself!



And last but not least, no shopping trip is complete without a shuffle around Primark! I picked up the selection of jumpers a while back now as they were only £6 each and I get so much wear out of things like this - they're perfect for wearing with disco pants or leggings, or with jeans on my 'slobby days'. The peplum top is my favourite buy - seeing it on the hanger just doesn't do it justice though and I must make a point of doing an Outfit post with this pretty soonish! It's so figure-hugging and flattering and looks lovely with my Topshop Leigh jeans (and was a complete bargain at just £7!)

What have you been buying lately? Anything here take your fancy?!


48 comments:

  1. I have those lightweight jumpers - I love them, but just a warning, they catch on everything so be careful! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're soo good for 6 quid arent they! eek i know ive snagged the grey one a couple of times :( xx

      Delete
  2. you can't go wrong with h&m jewellery, they always have lovely pieces. I love your minkpink dress as well, perfect for summer! i will def have to go to primark and hunt down the peplum top, it's beautiful! xxx

    http://ileftmyheartinmiami.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its soo lovely for summer isn't it :) just want the sun to come out now :(
      oo yes hunt it down! they do a few prints in it i think :) xx

      Delete
  3. I really like the V neck body suit! I've not worn a body in ages - trying to get the tummy back for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dont be silly gurrrrl! Get wearing them! :) hehe
      i love the shoulder pads in it! gives it a bit more 'oomph'! :)x

      Delete
  4. Lovely haul Beth :) I love the look of the blue and white peplum from Primark! Looks so pretty xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amie :) Oo yess i think that has to be one of my favourite buys :) bargain! xx

      Delete
  5. ohh i was looking at that cardigan in RI today but didn't notice it was reduced - will have to have another look soon! great picks, loving the primark peplum too

    highsocietyfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh nooo go backk! I bought it about 2 weeks back now so it might have gone back to full price? But definitely worth the money it feels well made and is thick enough to keep me warm without a coat! x

      Delete
  6. Lovely haul! I'm so envious, I am stuck wearing maternity clothes and there's so many gorgeous items out at the moment! Love the New Look Peplum and the Minkpink summer dress. xx

    www.kathryn-hannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat :) my friend is at the moment but she's stocking up on stuff to wear after the little one has arrived :) oo yes the summer dress is my favourite - counting down the days til summer now! :) xx

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love the H and M jewellery! And the Primark top is gorgeous :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've bought some gorgeous stuff :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that scrunchie!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi just found your blog! I'm really loving all the different patterns you've incorporated in this post, especially the Primark peplum top. Can't beat a cheap and cheerful bargain from Primark! I find H&M jewellery is always a winner in my eyes, really affordable and they always have stuff which is 'on trend'. I recently bought an awesome gold chunky chain necklace from there :) Great post!

    If you have a minute, check out my blog? If you enjoy it, maybe we could follow each other? Lucy x

    www.behind-clothes-doors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fashion taste is impeccable! Ah i love the Asos Dress!

    xxx

    andshesaidwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got some really gorgeous stuff! The Primark Jumpers are right up my street (may go and pick some up next week) but what really stood out to me is that red playsuit. That is just gorgeous! Such a lovely bright colour, I think it will look fantastic xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the lace dress!

    www.silver-electrons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything you've picked up! + the print on that primark top is to die for! Must look out for it :)
    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great haul, everything looks great! I love the bird jumper, I have an obbession too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been eyeing up the primark peplum for ages now, i need to buy it x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. That scrunchy is so cute!

    Be great if you could check out my latests outfit posts: Givenchy Rottweiler & my Boohoo Global Styler entry.

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want everything you bought!:( I'll definitely be on the look out for those light weight Jumpers in Primark the next time I'm in! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many gorgeous items! I ordered the white River Island cardigan aswell, I'm so excited to wear it :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. H&M jewellery has been amazing recently, I have been loving all of their statement necklaces and they're much more reasonably priced that Topshop!

    I love both of those peplum tops, especially the New Look one with the dipped hem! Brilliant haul, good luck with your final project!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw that pink scrunchie is so cute, will look so night with a high messy bun. I love that lace shift dress too, might have to pick that up for myself for spring ha,
    Holly xo

    http://hollslucy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my goodness how cute is that scrunchie! amazing haul beth, would love to see an outfit post with that bodysuit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. You got some gorgeous clothes babe.. love that blazer, so jealous right now! xxx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I'm going to go have a look in H&M for those necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love those Primark jumpers, i actually have the grey one and i wear it so much x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey!

    Love your blog! I make some costume jewellery have a peek if you like:) http://www.facebook.com/rosieredjewellery

    www.calamityjane92.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW that Motel playsuit is incredible, such a gorgeous colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I picked up the same playsuit, except in black! You have some gorgeous things!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
  29. If you paired the lace dress with the pink blazer I think you'd look AHMAZING! Great haul, you got some great bits! :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this post so much beaut :) you have brought some gorgeous bits!! i LOVE the body suit and of course the red dress :P

    Love Emily xx

    http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  31. You've got some lovely pieces. The peplum top from Primark with the blue print is gorgeous and perfect for summer, just wish it would hurry up!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  32. That fuchsia blazer is gorgeous :-)

    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like everything and that Vneck bodysuit is stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such nice and cute purchases you made! I have the lace dress from H&M in the cream and peach colour! They are so comfy yet so cute! xx
    www.zdevania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. People who are regular smokers can easily make out the difference between a handmade cigar and a machine made one. It can be said that, it is the quality of the product......
    fashion clothing

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving the cute mink pink dress and the Topshop scrunchie is perfect xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ah I love your jewelry bits, especially that triangle necklace!
    honest-mistakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. love that red playsuit, you're going to look fab in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great buys. I love the pink blazer. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the pink blazer (what a bargain!) and the bird jumper!

    Claire x

    Www.desperateblogwife.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing haul! I love it!

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x