LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 28 March 2013

Mini Egg Nails | Illamasqua Nail Varnish in 'Fragile'

Illamasqua I'mperfection Nail Varnish in 'Fragile' | £14.50 | Link

Evening birdlings! Bit of a change of photography-scenery for me tonight (must be feeling a little rebellious!) I placed an order on Illamasqua's website last week as I had been lusting after their I'mperfction nail polishes for quite some time. When the shade I had my beady eyes on went out of stock on ASOS, I decided it was about time I put an order in.  As some of you may know, I'm a sucker for blue nails - so 'Fragile' just had to be mine. I must say, I was superly-duperly impressed with delivery. It arrived safe and sound within a couple of days, packaged beautifully and above all, delivery didn't cost me a penny. Yippee! 

I'm never really one for gimmicky polishes. Fur-effect, bobbly or 'caviar' nails really don't float my boat if i'm honest (#sorrynotsorry) and I'm much more of a painted nail art or classic glossy-nail look kind of girl. The furthest I go when it comes to any kind of effect in a polish is Model's Own Beetlejuice or glitter gradients, hardly daring! So, when I first saw these polishes online I was sold. They're interesting without being 'over the top'. Inspired by natural speckled patterns on bird's eggs, the polish contain little flecks of darker colour, giving a different, unique pattern and finish every time. The whole I'mperfection line aims to celebrate the little quirks that make us unique - a fabulous concept for a make-up line if I don't say so myself.  You're probably all aware by now that I have a teensy-weensy obsession for all things bird-related.. so I thought it was about time I treated myself to a polish that was just a little bit out of the ordinary for me!  Forgive me for my slightly experimental photography with the Mini-eggs (had to be done.. it's Easter soon don't you know?!) - but this polish really is such a fun little addition to have in my collection - and the finish reminds me of the famous Cadbury easter treats - making this polish perfect for the time of year (spend-age justified).

The application is fantastic. I was really impressed at how easy it was to achieve the finish I wanted. It only takes 2 coats to make the design fully opaque, and I love that each time the finish is slightly different. Illamasqua definitely haven't skimped on the little 'flecks' of colour either - you get a nice even coverage of speckles for every nail, as you can see from my swatches above! The polish dries quite glossy, but I prefer using a top coat anyway. The far right swatch on the nail wheel shows how the polish looks with the top coat applied - It blends the whole look together a little more and 'seals' in the little flecks at the same time as adding a glossy effect on top.  The polishes are chip resistant and lasted well on my nails. I got about 3 days wear without any chipping and removing it was also a doddle.  I'm now dabbling with the idea of grabbing myself the purple version too (after all, if you like something you should grab it in every colour, right?)... They really are like little Mini Eggs for your talons. Genius (who says your nails shouldn't get a piece of Easter action anyway?!...)

What are your thoughts on the Im'Perfection polishes? Are they a yay or a ney?
 

51 comments:

  1. I really want to try this it looks great. I love all the colours though so not sure which one to try first x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Spoilt for choice! The purple one is gorge x

      Delete
  2. That's such a pretty colour, perfect for spring

    ♥ Filthy Fashion ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with Mini Eggs. Ob-sessed. I think I need this just because of that! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I love them! I swear they've made the packets smaller though :( no fair :(x

      Delete
  4. Love the look of these polishes, they're so pretty :) This shade and the lilac are my favourites! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! :) Love the purple one - i just dont know if i can truely justify a second!.... watch this space :P haha x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Beth! Although I don't think I could justify spending £14.50 on a nail polish! xo

    Hannah, Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess definitely a little steep isn't it. I've never spent that on a polish in my life.. probably will be a while before I do again :P Topshop's are usually my limit! xx

      Delete
  7. Looks gorgeous!! I reckon the pink and purple shades would be lovely too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes definitely - im strangely intrigued by the green one too! I kind of want separate colours for each nail! x

      Delete
  8. Loooooove these polishes!! I think as its Easter and they're so season appropriate I might just get one!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely perfect for Easter arent they! Like little mini eggs on your talons :) xx

      Delete
  9. aw that's brilliant! So eastery! (real word?) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha 'eastery' - if it's not a word it most definitely should be! :P xx

      Delete
  10. Love the added mini eggs, can't go wrong with those bead Easter!! I love these speckled nail polishes I'm just always dubious weather the quality is worth the price tag but I spose I need to test to discover right? (Totally trying to justify going and buying this) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha well that was my justification :P along with the fact i love Mini eggs? haha
      i'd never normally splurge on a nail polish - i just had to have this one! Theyre really good :) x

      Delete
    2. I feel like nails inc push it with their prices but I love the quality so hrmfph looks like this beauty might find itself added to my collection!!xxx

      Delete
  11. This colour is gorgeous! Actually surprisingly wearable I think as well! I have mottle and really like it love the effect they give :) Great photos! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That polish is lovely! I think I may prefer it without the top coat which is a first. I love the photos! xx

    Cupcakes And Cocaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has been on my wishlist for ages! It looks amazing..bring on pay day xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'mperfection are PERFECT for easter! Like little mini eggs on the end of your fingers!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com | GLASSES GIVEAWAY! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. THis is so beautiful - I really really want to try it but it's just too expensive :( xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty! I love the blue
    Carissa xx
    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think they're so pretty.... but I just can't justify the price tag. Nail polish seems to be the one beauty product I struggle splurging on haah!! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm with you on novelty nail trends - furry nails were definitely not for me!! But I love these polishes from Illamasqua - so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look amazing! So perfect for Easter <3

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a gorgeous polish, I'm really tempted by the nudey one:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's so pretty! I'm so tempted to buy it xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are most certainly a 'yay', but £14.50 each makes me want to cry!

    They're gorgeous though :)

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these nail polishes :D i've seen them floating around on the blogsphere :P & your right they certainly do look like mini eggs on the nails - the glitter particles look like the little coloured specks on the mini egg :)
    i love that you photographed the nail polish with the mini eggs - very creative ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. The more photos I see of people posting this nail varnish, the more I want it!

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love this hun! It's such a fab shade! I love the pink one as well! Great post and lovely photos! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is beautiful, i'm so tempted to male a sneaky order! fragile is too perfect not to! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just purchased the purple, this one is so nice too though! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Think these look really nice, makes me want mini eggs though which is not a good craving for 8 am haha x

    ReplyDelete
  29. The more I see this the more I think I need it!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  30. i need this immediately! amazing!

    myrealfooddiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I want these nail polishes soooo much, they're gorgeous!Xx

    http://lucycole.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've never tried an illamasqua product but I would absoloutely love to! I've been admiring these polishes for a far you see, I'm not usually a fan of all these fangled "nail art" polishes, but I think the effect these have is beautiful! As soon as I come into a bit of money, I shall be running out to try these :)

    aquietjournal.blogspot.co.uk
    Hazzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a gorgeous colour, beautiful pictures as always Beth :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love how you've done these photos with the mini eggs they look so cool :) The nail polish looks and sounds amazing! Glitter style polishes are always my favourites :)
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so cute, it's literally mini eggs in a bottle haha, such a great colour! xx

    http://beautyundressedd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's a gorgeous polish and so unique! Kind of making me crave mini eggs!


    To celebrate the start of my new blog Lipgloss and Lace, I'm giving away a bottle of Lady Million by Paco Rabanne. Enter here: http://lipglossandlace.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/paco-rabanne-lady-million-edp-giveaway.html

    Shabz
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I honestly love them, they are so unique and perfect for this time of the year, however I don't know if I can bring myself to pay this much for a nail polish although it is very beautiful!

    chloeopinions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the look of these polishes! I think the purple is my favourite!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Whether your prime concern is taste or variety, VaporFi is will fulfill your vaping needs.

    With vape juices which comes from food-grade ingredients, their vaping flavors are more smooth and consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I appreciate that you included options for different styles and preferences. Men's fashion can sometimes feel limited, but your post shows that there are so many options out there. Your post is a great resource for anyone looking to find their own unique style.

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x