LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 21 March 2013

Latest Drugstore Beauty Purchases


Sometimes, in one's life, a trip to Boots or Superdrug for a mere shampoo or two turns into a little indulge-fest ending in a basket full of goods you never really set out to purchase but realise you simply must have. This is exactly what happened on a recent jolly-outing with my motherbear.  Of course, I thought it was only right I showed you what I threw in my basket that day and give you a little run through of what my first impressions of some of them have been...

Seche Vite | Dry Fast Top Coat | £9 | This is a repurchase for me and is something I will continue to buy forever and ever. And ever.  If, like me, you love painting your nails but hate waiting for them to dry then you need this in your life. It's very much worth the price tag and it lasts an age. I use this about 3 times a week and my first bottle lasted a good 6 months. I honestly cannot recommend this top coat enough and those of you sat wafting your hands in the air like you're at a boy-band concert of some sort waiting patiently for your nails to dry - take note!

Orly Polish in 'Purple Crush' | £5 | I bought this a while back now but decided to throw it in with this post anyway. I've had my eye on this for ages but never quite fancied parting with a fiver for a teensy-tiny bottle. I finally gave into temptation and my goodness me, it's such a pretty colour.  It's a really deep fucshia pink with warm purple hints and it looks utterly fabulous on the nails.

Barry M | Nail Paint in 'Mushroom' | £2.99 | I've wanted this in my collection for yonks. I've worn it already and I just think it's a beautiful understated shade of nudey-brown that goes with anything.

Eyelure False Lashes in 'Natural Volume' 020 | £5.35 | I often grab a pair of these. They're certainly not you're typical false eyelashes that you'd wear on a night out and they're incredibly subtle - but I keep these by me in case I ever need a bit of an eyelash boost on a day out somewhere nice, or if i'm going out for lunch. If, like me, you don't like full on glamour for daytime and you can be a little bit 'iffy' with false lashes, then i'd really recommend these. They're so light you can't even feel them on your peepers. Perfect.

John Frieda | Full Repair Deep Conditioner | £6.29 | I desperately needed an intense conditioner. My hair has gone crazy recently and i've had a bad hair month, let alone a bad hair day! I popped this on the other night and my mother commented straight after i'd dryed it how shiny my hair looked. Thumbs up so far John! ;) I must admit, I really do love John Frieda products and it's my go-to brand for all things hair care.

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in '101' | £5.49 | After loving the infamous '107' shade over the festive period (review & FOTD here) , I figured it was about time I picked up another one of these beauties. I opted for the lovely nude pink shade. So wearable and a fabulous daytime colour I will get tonnes of wear out of.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in '010 Rouge Buzz' | £7.99 | I bloomin' love this lipsticks and did a little review not long ago that you can read here. This one is amazingly bright and is a lovely orangey red. Similar to Mac's Lady Danger but a little bit more creamy in formulation.

Samy | Fat Hair Amplifying Mousse & Hairspray | I've been wanting to try this range for ages and finally gave in when I saw they were on offer. I shall do a review soon once I've given them a good whirl! I'm still not sure if they've taken over my trusty Mark Hill 'Va Va Voom' mousse/Elnet Volume Spray combo. But I shall let you know if they cut the mustard!

Revlon | Nearly Naked Foundation in 'Nude' | £8.99 | I gave into the rumours i've heard about this foundation being amazing and decided to try it for myself. I've never actually tried any Revlon foundations but being a fan of a sheer daytime base I thought I'd try this one out!

Rimmel | Match Perfection Foundation in 'Soft Beige' | £6.99 | Ok. So i've only used this for about 4 days but I'm really enjoying using this one. It's definitely medium coverage and covers the majority of imperfections - it looks flawless once applied and I find the colour range works for me as the lighter shades seem to have more available options if you have cooler yellow tones in your skin like me! Yippee! I have a feeling this will knock 'Wake Me Up' out of the water for me - I love that this one seems to have a more satin finish and doesn't look overly dewy. Watch this space ladies..


And so there we have it! Another trip to Boots/Superdrug and another little collection has gathered on my beauty shelves. I'd also just like to apologise for my past two posts having to be duplicated - I'm having such a 'mare with my HTML on some blog posts at the moment, and although the posts read fine it seems to stop any other blog posts showing up on my home page. If any of you are also getting this really annoying little devil of a problem, please do tell me if you've managed to shed any light on it.  I'm really not getting much joy out of typing my blog posts out twice every time to correct it!  I do hope this won't be a regular thing but something has really began to go a little pear-shaped over on Bird's Words the past few days.



Have you tried any of these products? What were your thoughts?

38 comments:

  1. Great haul :) That Orly polish is so pretty! I have no clue about html, but hope you fix the problem soon! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good haul like this! I recently tried the Revlon foundation and I'm really enjoying it - hopefully you do too. I've also been using the Samy Fat Hairspray for ages and it's a staple but very very sticky.

    www.teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the top coat it makes it extra shiny :)This post also reminded me I need some eyelashes lol! So thanks :)

    Great haul! :)

    Siobhan xxx

    www.glitter-x-couture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything you bought, your photography is amazing.

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite lipstick at the moment is Rimmels 101 it's such a nice pink, like MAC snob x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the Revlon Foundation, not tried the Rimmel one yet though! xx

    Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul - I love Rimmel foundations they're pretty good quality for a decent price!

    I have a new Spring outfits style post on my blog if you want a peek
    www.sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very pretty haul!! You found extremely useful things!;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realise you could buy Seche Vite in drugstore shops over here, I thought you could only get it online. I'll have to look out for it when I go shopping in future :) x

    cutesfruits.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never got on with the Samy Fat Hair range, which is a shame because I had such high hopes for it. It always makes my hair feel really heavy and too sticky and I end up having to wash it out and redo my hair more often than not. I hope it works better for you though!

    http://d-is-for.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post Beth! :D next time when i paint my nails i'll imagine being at a concert ;) haha but that johm frieda deep conitioner looks really good to try :) next payday hopefully has some new buys :P
    I've never tried barry m nail polish but i do now & i'm positive i've had an orly nail polish from a beauty box once, but another brand i love for nail polish is Miss Sporty - i've loved their price when i was a teenager getting to grips about all things cosmetic :)
    You also can't go wrong with Eyelure false lashes! :D i have a few pairs different sizes for different occasions :)

    Cant wait to hear your thoughts about revlon nearly naked & rimmel match perfect one too :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pleased you decided to give the Revlon Nearly Naked a try.. it's a gorgeous foundation, and I love it! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great haul! The lipsticks look gorgeous, I've been eyeing the new ones from Bourjois for some time now and if they're as good as everyone says they are, I definitely have to get my hands on some! As far as the Revlon foundation goes, I've been using their Colorstay one for more than a year and it's the best one I ever had. I heard a lot of good stuff about this new one and will probably buy it when I run out of the one I have :).

    Lovely Little Lux-uries

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those lipsticks!! I think I might have to add them to my collection next time I hit Boots or Superdrug! And the Barry M Mushroom is amazing, I wear it often. XX

    Glitter And Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post! There's so many things here I want to try! I'm definitely in the mood for a boots trip now (especially as there's a 3 for 2 offer on!)
    I'm looking forward to hearing how you got on with the Fat hair products, I've been tempted to give them a go!

    Photo-Jenn-ic


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great buys, you picked up some really lovely bits! That hair conditioner looks great!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've bought some lovely things! I love my Seche Vite top coat and Kate Moss lipstick in shade 101. The John Frieda conditioner is also really good - leaves your hair lovely and soft.

    fashion--geek.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Rimmels match perfection foundation!xxx

    serenecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard great things about both the foundations you've picked up! Lovely lipstick shades too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. The nude lipstick looks lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really want to try the deep conditioner x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You got some lovely things!!! I have the Barry M Nail Polish in 'Mushroom' and I love it loads!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. You got some really nice things, and I definitely know what you mean by a trip to Boots for shampoo just goes too far.. I am so guilty of doing that far too often! Nice work for putting two more lipsticks on my wishlist, haha they both look gorgeous :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Im thinking about getting the john fredia conditioner at the weekend as my hair has become so damaged from straightners ! glad to hear that it makes your hair look glossy :)

    Beautiful Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great things Beth! I'd love to see you do a review on the Revlon Nearly Naked. I've heard a ton about it but haven't tried it yet!

    XO
    aly

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice little haul there! I had my splurge at Boots last week, it felt nice having a basket of treats and not just the essentials :-) I'm twmpted to try the Rimmel match perfection next month, my faithful maybelline foundations haven't been giving as much coverage lately so might give rimmel a whirl - your description sounds just what I'm lookimg for. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. great haul! I adore that Bourjois lipstick, it's so beautiful! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have the Fat hairspray too haha it's good for holding my hair in place but it makes it hard at the same time wah. I'm so tempted to try the Revlon foundation and I have and love the Kate 101 lipstick! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  29. oo yay I love a good drugstore haul! I have that top coat and love it, you can get it from Amazon for about £5 if you want to save some pennies, all of the lipsticks you bought look amazing too, can't wait to see the reviews :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. oooo i used to be so obsessed with that barry m mushroom nail varnish! ive never trie the fat hair hairspray but really liked the shampoo. you picked up a really nice selection of things here :) x

    ReplyDelete
  31. These lipsticks look so beautiful :)x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I own some of the bits in this post and have to admit to loving them! x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey Lovely! Just catching up on this post! You picked up some lovely things :) Barry Mushroom is my favourite nail polish ever! Also loving the look of those lippes - I wouldn't mind another Kate Moss one after loving 107 so much and the Bourjois ones are on my wish list after seeing your post on them!! I also really want that Seche Vite top coat!! Bad times to hear you're having HTML troubles, I did notice your 'how to follow' post pop up on Bloglovin twice!! I hope you get it sorted soon!! Great post honey!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oooh the Orly polish is gorgeous. I can't be without my beloved seche vite, I refuse to plain my nails without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. aww yay you got the Nearly Naked foundation too, how are you finding it lovely, I'm looking forward to trying mine out. You picked up some lovely bits. That oink orly polish looks ever so pretty, what an amazing colour, perfect for when we get some sunshine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great haul! Lately I'm seeing so many drugstore foundations being picked up by bloggers so I may have to run down sometime and pick up some steals! Nearly Naked sounds amazing based on reviews I've read, but I just don't think it'll suit me since my skin is being extremely temperamental (lots of redness) lately. A light coverage foundation just doesn't cut it unfortunately :(

    As usual, your photos and edits look lovely!

    http://ordinaryallie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  37. Pretty things! I enjoy the Kate lipsticks and I am just trying out the nearly naked foundation too. I was confused that it didn't have a pump so I had to go and buy a foundation brush... whoops! I hope you get on well with all your new delights!

    E x

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just brought the deep repair too, hoping it can work some miracles! xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x