LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipsticks | Thoughts & Swatches

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipsticks | £7.99 each | Boots (link)

As you're all probably aware by now - I cannot resist a lippie or two. No matter how hard I try not to let temptation grab hold of me, it always does where lipsticks are concerned (willpower isn't a word I'm familiar with - clearly). Bourjois Rouge Editions didn't escape my beady eyes and in true beauty blogger fashion I set out one heck of a mission to add a few of them to my collection.  After a great deal of lurking round the Bourjois stand and swatching lines all the way up my arms (standard procedure for a blogger), I settled on these 3 as my 'chosen ones'. 

04 | Rose Tweed |
A beautiful Rosy brown shade that is very much a 'your lips but better' kind of colour for those understated days where you just one a little lift. I think this one has to be my favourite of the bunch - purely because it's so wearable and looks so flattering and natural - it really enhances the lips without looking false or overdone and it just adds a little bit of 'oomph' to bare lips.


08 | Rose Studio | A vibrant true pink shade that verges on the side of blue toned ever so slightly.  I adore pinks, so this one simply had to find it's way into my lipstick drawer. It's one of those lipsticks you could use on a night out or in the daytime, and is probably the most versatile of the three.

07 | Fuchsia Graffiti | This is my favourite type of pink to wear if I'm going out or simply just want to make a bit of a statement in the day. It's a bright, fuchsia pink and the most pigmented of the bunch.

At £7.99 they aren't the cheapest of the drugstore lipsticks but certainly pack a punch with pigmentation and finish. I was unsure of the shape at first, but the flat tip makes it so easy to create an even line around the lips and rules out the need for lip liner.  They're very decently pigmented, and the colours show up on the lips pretty much true to the colour in the tube. I'm also a big fan of the slightly glossy/satin finish they give - they don't feel drying at all and I get a decent bit of wear time out of them before the need to reapply.

Rouge Editions are available in 18 shades ranging from barely there nudes to classic reds and deep plums - so there's something in the collection for everyone and every occasion - I really want to try 'Peche Cosy', 'Orange Pop' and 'Rouge Buzz' next.. I shall keep you updated on here if I end up buying any more of course!


Have you tried Bourjois Rouge Edition lipsticks? What shade will you be buying?

50 comments:

  1. I love them! And they look super pigmented which is always a bonus!
    lovefromsammie.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely a bonus! :) I love how creamy these are too x

      Delete
    2. I want rose studio, definitely gonna try them! x

      Delete
  2. Love rose tweed, definitely my favourite of the bunch tooo! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh its gorgeous isn't it - so pretty :) xx

      Delete
  3. ooh, rose tweed looks gorgeous. i'll definitely have to grab that one when i'm next in boots. thanks for sharing :)

    melissa x
    justfortonightx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo yes you must! :) its my favourite of the bunch xx

      Delete
  4. Ooh I love these, I've never tried Bourjois lipsticks but I might have to invest in a couple of these!
    Holly xo

    http://hollslucy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont think i have actually! These have been the first ones ive tried but ive enjoyed using them xx :)

      Delete
  5. Rose tweed look lovely, never really seen bourjois as a lipstick provider so this is interesting! X

    www.teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me neither! Ive never bought a lippie from them! But theyve done amazingly well here. :) x

      Delete
  6. I was swatching away at these yesterday in Boots, I couldn't make up my mind as to which one's I wanted so I just didn't buy any. I find it really hard to truly test a lipstick in store and work out if you will wear it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh me too! sometimes i have to go away and have a think then come back! But they're really lovely - definitely try atleast one :) x

      Delete
  7. I just bought rosé tweed too! It's such a nice colour, definitely a your lips but better colour like you said. There's so many nice shades I can't wait to go back and pick up more! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yeey! it was my first choice :) love it :)
      I really want one of the peachy shades next :) x

      Delete
  8. Love the 07 shade! They all seem great and all the colors are amazing for spring and summer (: x

    talkingpickles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love Fuchsia Graffiti! Such a beautiful pink, I'm getting braver with my lip colours now so this is on my list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking for a new "daytime" lipstick at the moment so this post is perfect, Rose Tweed looks like the one!xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gosh you're such a lipstick addict Beth!! haha absolutely loved this post though! :) all of these shades are gorgeous & sooo pigmented it's crazy! I've heard such great things about these & after seeing this I really want to try these, love rose studio & rose tweed sooo much! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I'm going crazy over Rose Tweed x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You picked some beautiful colours, I'm not usually one for pink lipsticks but these are gorgeous!
    The pigmentation looks fantastic.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have rose tweed and fraise remix, I wear rose tweed more just cos its easier to sort of swipe and go. I'm loving the look of fuschia graffiti! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great swatches, these have had such high praise! Love Rose Tweed, thats lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rose Tweed looks gorgeous!

    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. These all look so pretty! i'm obsessed with my lipsticks at the moment!
    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh these shades look gorgeous. Love the nude! The other two look like pretty old dupes for a few MAC lippies too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've bought four of these so far... I can't stop myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. They all look gorgeous and really pigmented :) I want to try these lipsticks, seen so many reviews on them! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rose tweed is such a pretty shade, definitely need to eat my hands on it!!!
    http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the look of Rose Tweed! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. one of my all time favourite lipstick formulations now, love them! X

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow love the look of these especially Rose Tweed :)

    Charlee
    Charmed Charlee
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh fuchsia graffiti is gorgeous, unfortunately at the moment I can't justify buying any more lipsticks, I have a serious habit lol :)

    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE Rose Tweed! I'm in an office setting everyday so a lipstick like that works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Rose Tweed looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  28. rose tweed is lovely! :)
    merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. rose tweed is definitely a "my lips but better" shade.. love it

    captivatingbeeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh Beth, you and your lipstick obsession! These look gorgeous, I've never tried a Bourjois lipstick before but might just have to now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh they look gorgeous, love the rose tweed, I'll definitely be swatching these xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are definitely on my radar after so many positive reviews! I'm heading to Boots later so will absolutely having a swatch, or ten, of them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just got the bright orangey red one today :) they are £5.99 in Boots right now, so not tooooo bad for drugstore.

    www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. The fuschia one looks so daring but I love it, never tried a bourjois lipstick before but may have to test these ones out. Great review

    ReplyDelete
  35. These look great, I love rose tweed, it looks like such a lovely everyday colour and I have a soft spot for bright pinks so the Fuchsia graffiti looks gorgeous
    Rosalie x
    rosaliejayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loved reading this post babes, these lippies look fantastic!! I especially love the look of fuchsia graffiti, I feel like I need it in my life, like right now haha... will most definitely picking a few of these up come payday xxx

    Miss Sunshine Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great post! I agree about the pricing but I think they look worth it :)

    B x

    I'd love it if you took a look at my blog and entered my international giveaway here!: RebeccaRuby - A lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  38. These look really nice, I love the sheen they have! Rose Tweed is my favourite, I love browny pinky shades! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


  39. wow i love how bright the fuchsia graffiti is!!
    These look lovely!

    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
  40. I so love Rose Tweet, it's so so pretty. <33

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about lips beauty. Please keep sharing.
    Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x