LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Winter Warmers from Arran Aromatics


The Festive season is well and truly upon which can only mean one thing - it's time to indulge in some pamper products! Arran Aromatics is a brand I've featured quite a bit on my blog over the past year or so - I adore their indulgent spa-like scents and luxurious, unique product ranges - their 'After the Rain' range has to be one of my most loved.  They offer an array of treats - from skincare and body butters (their Lavender and tea tree facial wash is one of my all-time faves), to candles, bath products and hair goodies.  Since it's coming up to Christmas, I thought I'd give you the low-down on some of their more 'wintery' products. Perfect for the season and super affordable, they make for lovely stocking fillers or wintertime treats.


Honey & Lemon Lip Balm / £3.50* / Link
This has to be one of my favourite products from the selection.  The honey scent is particularly noticeable in my opinion and lingers on the lips slightly after application.  It's great for this time of year as it's quite thick and creamy in consistency - it's a great one to have on your bed-side table for leaving to soak in overnight.  The little pot is a lovely size and the formula makes a nice change from typical lip balm sticks which can be a little too waxy for me at times.  This one really does feel 'quenching' to apply and looks lovely and glossy.  


Honey & Oatmeal Vegetable Soap / £2.75* / Link
I'm not the biggest soap fan ever but I do like the Arran Aromatics ones simply because they're quite moisturising and this one contains little flecks that help to exfoliate the skin gently.  It's budget friendly so it makes for a nice little stocking filler for those who like their natural pamper products. Arran Aromatics' soaps are triple milled so they're extra soft and cleanse the skin without leaving it feeling dry. 


Ultimate Fig Scented Candle / £5.00* / Link
This little candle smells seriously amazing.  I'm not the biggest candle fan but I do like to have a few dotted around for decorative purposes and this one smells so comforting and relaxing.  It's not necessarily a scent I would have picked for myself but after trying this, I think I'm converted.  It's difficult to describe but it just reminds me of cosy, winter evenings and festivities - it's so soothing and rich, and the delicate aroma fills the room so nicely.  I've featured Arran Aromatics on my blog a few times over the past year or so - and I have to say nobody quite does spa-like scents quite like them.  I'm a big fan of their 'After the Rain' collection (I must recommend the body butter) and I just love how each and every one is so unique and sensual... this one is no exception and it's just the perfect winter comforter.


Sandalwood and Lavender Bath Oil / £12.50* / Link
This has to be my favourite of the bunch for me.  I love my bath products and throughout the winter months, I'm very partial to a luxurious pamper product or 3.  I've used bath oils and elixirs before but this one has to top the mark as the most moisturising one I've ever used.  It's very much a true oil - it takes a while to fully dissolve into the water but doesn't leave it feeling greasy or heavy.  It's a really relaxing and calming blend - I'm a big fan of products that are targeted towards de-stressing and relaxing the mind, and something like this is perfect to use before bed. The sandalwood is particularly noticeable but it's not overpowering - it's just a lovely, gentle scent.  It's perfect to use if you haven't got time to moisturise much afterwards as it leaves your skin feeling so soft and smooth - the delicate fragrance also lingers slightly for a few hours after leaving you feeling pampered, soothed and altogether more relaxed.  I love the size of the bottle too - you really don't need much at all so it's bound to last quite a while.


Chamomile & Honey Barrier Cream / £7.50* / Link
This thick, nourishing cream contains beeswax, vitamin E, pure honey extract and essential oils of chamomile to sooth dry, chapped skin.  I've taken to using this after shaving my legs as during the winter, my skin can feel quite dry afterwards - particularly around my knees.  It creates a lovely layer of moisture and helps to calm any irritation.  I've been using this as a hand-cream mostly though - it's quite lightweight considering its so moisturising - almost like a light mousse similar to that of a whipped body butter -and I like that it doesn't leave a film on the skin.  I must admit I'm not sure I'm entirely keen on the scent of this one - but it's a great multi-use, versatile product nonetheless.

Overall, a fabulous selection from Arran Aromatics.  My personal favourites have to be the Sandalwood and Lavender bath oil and the Perfumed Candle - although I must admit I'm also slightly addicted to the moisturising qualities of the Honey & Lemon lip balm. It's become a must-have for my bedside table!

Have you tried anything from Arran Aromatics?




9 comments:

  1. Oh these all sound so good! I've only ever tried a body lotion and shower gel from this brand but the bath oil sounds divine! Makes me wish I actually owned a bath :( xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet honey and lemon in a lip balm is so nourishing! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Honey & Lemon Lip balm sounds so luxurious!
    Jodie // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandalwood and Lavander?! That sounds divine! Lovely post Beth, I might just need that lip balm on my bedside table too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sandalwood and Lavender Bath Oil sounds so refreshing! xx

    Jane | Colorful Closets

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not used this brand before, but I'll definitely need to try some pieces as the scents look great. I want to try that soap x

    http://louiseemitchell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard some great things about their products, they look like they would make excellent gifts for my sister!

    Kathryn / Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caring about yourself is important. And with these products it is also fun x.

    http://jeansandmacaroons.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm yet to be disappointed by Arran Aromatics, so I can only imagine how lovely their candles are!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x