LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Christmas at LUSH | 'Snow Fairy' & 'Hot Toddy'


When it comes to Christmas pampering, LUSH is my first port of call.  It's my annual tradition every Christmas Eve to watch Love Actually, wrap the last of my presents and have a bath full of festive lotions and potions before getting into bed with a mug of festive tea and brand new christmas-themed pyjamas.  You may have seen my previous LUSH post this week all about their 'Yog Nog' soap which has fast become one of my new obsessions (post here), but I tottled back into the store the other day to see what other festive-themed goodies they had to offer - how could I resist? A girl can never have too many bath-time treats, right?! I walked out with my trusty old favourite, 'Snow Fairy' (which in all honesty was an impulse buy at the till) and a bottle of the rather christmas-y looking 'Hot Toddy' - this isn't one I've tried before but I was sold on description alone.   Even though they're shower gels, I sometimes use them under the tap as a bubble bath so for me, they're much more versatile than a one-use bath bomb and I'm able to enjoy them for the entire lead up to Christmas.


Lush // Snow Fairy Shower Gel // £3.75 for 100g // Link
An old favourite of mine, 'Snow Fairy' has to be my festive guilty pleasure.  I went absolutely crazy for it in my teenage years and found myself slightly addicted to the super-sweet, girly scent.  In all honesty, I haven't gone mad for it the past couple of years as I've favoured slightly spicier scents, but I decided I'd treat myself to a bottle on a bit of a whim.  I took one sniff and remembered why I used to love it so much. Even though it's quite a young scent, it's the perfect girly treat.  I wouldn't say it's actually very festive, however, since it's a product they release as a limited edition every year I can't help but associate it with Christmas!  It's definitely not for you if you don't like sweet scents as it can be quite sickly - it's like candy floss, pear drops and vanilla all rolled into one big bottle of sweetness but it's so unique. I adore it. The scent lingers on the skin long after you've gotten out of the bath and the iridescent, pearly pink colour is just the perfect finishing touch - Snow Fairy really does live up to its name.  They've added more skin softening ingredients this year so it's bound to be a winner.   Loved by many, there's a reason why they bring this back every year...

Lush // Hot Toddy Shower Gel // £3.95 for 100g // Link
It was the gorgeous deep red colour swirled with golden glitter flecks that sold me on this one.  With cinnamon, ginger, lemon oil and skin softening seaweed, this festive concoction is warming and spicy and looks the part too.  It's definitely more of a traditional fragrance (as opposed to Snow Fairy's quirky signature scent) and is a good option for cosy nights in - i find it really calming and it would be a fab one to use if you're feeling a bit under the weather. It definitely does knock your socks off slightly!  It fills your bathroom with a beautiful, festive aroma and instantly puts you in the Christmas spirit. It's such a gorgeous, wintery product and if you're after something that really does smell like Christmas in a bottle, I really recommend picking this up!

What are you favourite Christmas LUSH products?

24 comments:

  1. Ah I love Lush, my favourite is the Butter Ball but I love the Karma range too! xo

    Catherine | Pretty Little Beauty Blog | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot Toddy sounds amazing!
    Isabelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I love Lush at Christmas time! I've asked for Snow Fairy shower gel too so hopefully my Christmas will smell great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lush! depserate to try out Hot Toddy - sounds divine.

    Chloe /// chloexlogan.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo really want to try Hot Toddy! I love lush especially this time of year!!X

    http://for-my-love-of-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow Fairy is amazing. I have to have it every year, Lush is amazing around Christmas x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Lush, Snow Fairy is my favourite! So sweet and mm! :) x
    ELEANORMAES

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow Fairy smells amazing mmmmmmmmmmmm!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who doesn't love LUSH? And then the christmas editions xx.

    http://jeansandmacaroons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried any shower gels from Lush before! I must take a trip in soon!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snow fairy is my favourite. Gutted I could not buy it this year as I'm away :(

    www.bellehistoires.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hot Toddy sounds so amazing! It looks so pretty in the bottle, and it's such a good idea to use them as a bubble bath too!
    Jodie // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE Snow Fairy! It smells like a bag of lollies!! I looked at Hot Toddy but for some reason or another I didn't purchase it. I might have to make a trip into LUSH!! Great post xx

    http://thebeautybabbler.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just loving the melting snowman so much this year!

    www.oohsimplething.blogpost.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love Snow Fairy, like everyone else! Hot Toddy sounds lovely too, added onto my wish list!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have both of these and LOVE snow fairy! But definitely find Hot Toddy more of an evening scent? so christmassy and amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the snow fairy shower gel! It smells so good! xx

    Colorful Closets

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hot Toddy looks amazing in the bottle!!

    Rachel | beautyandthebird.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I lovveee snow fairy xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, zo lekker!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha, you are SO right, a girl can never have enough bath goodies! That Hot Toddy sounds like it would be right up my street, lovely post!

    Beautyosaurus Lex 

    ReplyDelete
  23. Snow fairy is so good! I love sweet smells but sadly I didn't buy anything from Lush this year :( I didn't even pick up a bath bomb...

    Watching for Pigs on the Wing

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x