LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 14 December 2014

Christmas at LUSH | 'Yog Nog' Festive Soap


If you ever need an excuse to pop into LUSH, it's the moment they release their festive range.  It's my favourite time of year for treating myself to bath goodies and I always find myself wandering in to my local store much more frequently as soon as the dark nights and chilly weather starts rolling in.  I love to stock up on a few pamper treats and I always pick my favourite selection for an extra-special bath on Christmas Eve night...it's my annual routine. Usually, I'll make a beeline straight for the Snow Fairy shower gel (who doesn't?), but this year - well - I seem to have gotten a little daring in my old age.  I have to say I'm not usually one for the soap selection. I tried 'Rockstar' once and although I liked it, I just didn't find myself going crazy over it - but I took one sniff of 'Yog Nog' and knew I had to try it.  I'm a sucker for anything sweet or vanilla scented and the moment I caught a whiff of the creamy, creme-brulee like scent (with a hint of christmas-y spice), I was sold. 


Said to be a 'creamy Christmas tipple of a soap' and a 'creamy skin drink', this stuff is seriously divine.  As soon as you pick it up it begins to melt in your hands (it contains moisturising soya yoghurt as well as ylang ylang essential oils) - its beautifully soft.  It's topped with a dusting of aromatic cocoa powder just to add an extra little dose of sweetness, and due to the essential oils it contains, it has a lovely little hint of cinnamon-like spice in there too.  Personally, the scent reminds me of creme brûlée - it's very milky and seriously smells good enough to eat.

When used in the bath it melts into a lovely, milky consistency - its really easy to get a good bit of product onto the skin and it feels really moisturising to massage in.  It's soft to the touch, lathers into a thick cream and leaves your skin feeling soothed and pampered.  The fragrance leaves your bathroom smelling all sweet and yummy and I always feel so relaxed after I've used it - the scent actually fills my landing and drifts into my bedroom long after I've gotten out of the bath.  It does linger on the skin slightly afterwards - you're left with a very subtle hint of sweetness but I secretly wished it would stick around a little longer - i guess that's just my personal preference!  Overall, a fab LUSH product and if you love sweet scents, you'll love this one.  I really wish they'd bring out a shower gel version too! You find 'Yog Nog' on the LUSH website here, priced at £3.40 per 100g.

Have you tried Yog Nog? What's your favourite festive LUSH product this year?

22 comments:

  1. This looks so nice, I bet it smells so lovely x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried either of these. I'm looking forward to their sale! Xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried Yog Nog but I really want to now! At the moment they have a cute polar bear bath bomb and that looks so good ! It is also of the least expensive bath bomb products at under £2! Gotta love Lush.


    Emma at theemmalouise.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holiday Lush is nice, but CHRISTMAS LUSH is sooo lovely xx.

    http://jeansandmacaroons.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went into Lush the other day to pick up some Christmas gifts and this smelt amazing!

    Bethan | Thought from Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't ever just walk past Lush without going inside to have a sniff! The Yog Nog soap smells absolutely divine! x
    cherieedle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas at Lush is so amazing! They definitely sound like they are and smell amazing!
    Jodie // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried LUSH soap but I'm always tempted. This sounds utterly festive & lovely
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, your description of this sounds absolutely divine! The scent, the texture, everything! I'd love to give this a go!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I haven't heard of this before! Added it to my shopping list.
    Imogen’s Typewriter. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound incredible and I can imagine how amazing they smell!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Snow Cake soap but this the next one on my list when I go in!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love LUSH at this time of year, love your review and the photography!
    This isn't the prettiest lush product I've seen but you've sold me on how it made your skin!

    Brunette in Louboutins

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sound lush! (pardon the pun...) I can almost smell them through the screen - yum! xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
  15. this sounds amazing, I think ive smelt it in the shop and it smells amazing xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, I love Lush even though I have never bought the soap there yet! I always get samples!

    http://lilliemysel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my favourite Lush soap. Smells good enough to eat!

    Sarah
    www.daisychainsanddreamers.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. wat een heerlijke producten, zou het wel willen proberen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dusting of cocoa powder?! That sounds heavenly, haha! Christmastime is my favorite time to take a visit (or six) to LUSH :)

    Beautyosaurus Lex 

    ReplyDelete
  20. How did I pass by this at the store!? That looks so incredible. I bet it smells heavenly. :)

    Watching for Pigs on the Wing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yog Nog is AMAZING! By far the best Christmas product Lush has brought out since Snow Fairy and So White! :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x