LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday 5 December 2014

Toni & Guy | Extreme Volume Heated Rollers


Toni&Guy // Extreme Volume Heated Rollers // £59.99* // Link
I swear by heated rollers.  Whether I'm wearing my hair straight or wanting big, bouncy curls - I always start by applying rollers to give that extra bit of lift and volume at the root. I just love the natural movement they give the hair and I've always managed to achieve such a wide range of looks with them depending on how I apply them.  Once you've mastered them, you'll never want to go back to using a standard clamp-curling wand again! For a long time now, I've loved my Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers (post here) but I've recently had the chance to try Toni&Guy's 'Extreme Volume Heated Rollers. I thought I'd give them a whirl and offer my thoughts on the set - along with a comparison of the two.  The Enrapture ones are notoriously difficult to track down and I've always wondered if there was ever going to be an alternative introduced...


Firstly, I love how neat and compact the set is - it's so lightweight and small in size.  The set contains 10 rollers - 4 large (placed down the middle section) and 6 medium sized ones located on either side.    What's great is that you can purchase the rollers separately so if you have longer or thicker hair you still have the option of using more than 10 if you need to.  Personally, I always feel slightly sad that I'm unable to take my Enrapture ones away with me when I'm travelling... although the Toni&Guy ones aren't marketed as a travel set, I'm definitely considering taking them in my suitcase the next time I go on a little weekend trip - they're about half the weight of my larger set and don't take up much space at all.

The rollers sit neatly on the heated plates, and each come with a butterfly clip (which also have heated pads) to secure the roller in place.  I won't go into how to apply them too much as it's very difficult to explain in words, but once you've got the knack of it, they're super quick and easy and they're perfect to leave in whilst you do your makeup.  The set also heats up super quick so there's no waiting around of a morning. I have to say, my hair goes straight much quicker when I've used these as opposed to my Enrapture ones - they don't seem to lock in as much style - but I still like the effect they give. My hair always appears much more lifted at the root and feels bouncier - it also appears much more glossy and smooth after I've used them. The work well at providing volume at the root and prepping the hair for further styling. The only thing I didn't like so much is the application - for some reason, they're a little slippier than what I'm used to and I struggled at times to get the clips to hold properly.  I've read a couple of reviews online and a few people have mentioned this - I thought it was just my hair but they're definitely a little more fiddly.  It's a shame because it makes the application time slightly longer.


Overall, I think these rollers are a lovely little set.  I do think the lack of hold on the clips lets it down slightly and I do still prefer my Enrapture ones as they seem to lock in a curl much easier - however, these are a fab buy if you're looking for something that's more appropriate to travel with or just want something to provide some quick volume.  If you have thinner hair, or aren't so bothered about creating waves or curls and just want something to provide some lift, these are well worth a look.  I'm glad I have them in my collection and I'm definitely going to try travelling with them sometime in the future...  The set retails for £59.99* and you can find them on the Boots website here - I've also found them on offer at ASDA for £29.00.

8 comments:

  1. This set looks really nice. If I have time I really like using rollers especially now my hair is a little shorter.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really nice. I remember wanting heated rollers years and years ago, I love the idea but have never taken the plunge x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look wicked. Will need to get these when I return to the UK!

    Leonie ♥ IkonikBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look UHmazing! The fact that they're on offer at Asda is enticing me. I think it would be unreasonable to add any more to my Christmas list...

    Georgina x | miss petite

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need some heated rollers in my life :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now these sound amazing! Let your hair style itself while you get ready or scarf down a few Christmas cookies :) Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister recently moved an hour away so I can't steal her hair rollers anymore. I may look into these! I want nice quality ones that don't break the bank, yaknow?

    Watching for Pigs on the Wing

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x