LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Monthly Favourites | November


I love writing favourites posts - it's a fab way of sharing exactly what I've been loving lately and I always look forward to seeing what other bloggers have been using (as well as sneakily adding to my ever-growing wish list - I'm sure we're all guilty of that?!)   I haven't written a favourites post for the past couple of months because I completely missed the boat - so this month is a bit of an accumulation of the past 8-12 weeks... Considering that next month's favourites will probably be replaced with a '2014' favourites (where has this year gone?!) I thought I'd get one typed up sharpish! I've rediscovered a contour favourite from earlier in the year, changed my mind about cream blush and discovered my new holy grail mascara (it's also on offer right now...) Without further chit-chat, I'll introduce you to my November favourites...


Illasmaqua // Sculpting Duo // £26.00 // Link
This Illamasqua Duo has to be my favourite winter contouring product.  It's perfect for the colder months as the ashy toned bronzer 'Heliopolis' creates the perfect contour on paler skin, whilst the cool-toned champagne shade, 'Lumos', gives a stunning glow to to the tops of the cheekbones.  The bronze shade creates the appearance of natural shadow and gives such a natural, sculpted look.  Both powders are amazingly pigmented and soft to the touch, and blend into the skin with ease.  The highlight shade really is incredible and also works well in the inner corners of the eyes for a brightening effect. I have a full review and photographs here.

E.l.f // Small Tapered Brush // £3.95 // Link
Although I usually use my Real Techniques contour brush for powder products, I've quite taken to using this small tapered brush from E.l.f with my Illamasqua duo. It picks up just the right amount of product and the slightly more pointed end means that its much easier to hollow out the cheekbones precisely.  At £3.95 it isn't the best brush on the market but I've been using it daily and I'd really recommend it if you're new to contouring and want to experiment with powder products.  It's so easy to use.


Seventeen // FalsifeyeHD Mascara // £6.99 £3.49// Link
I won't say too much about this mascara as it's already featured in my 'Drugstore Gems' post here (if you want to see the brush and packaging in more detail it's worth a look).  It's such an amazing mascara and makes my eyelashes look so full and defined. It lasts all day and holds a curl really nicely whilst being easy to apply - it instantly fans out the lashes and coats even the tiniest ones in the inner corners of the eyes.  I recommended this to my mum and she's since tottled off to Boots to nab one (she also thinks its fab!)  It's knocked my all-time favourite off the top-spot so trust me when I say that this is an absolute gem of a product! It's currently on offer for £3.49 at Boots which is an absolute bargain.

Barry M // Lip Liner // £2.99 // Link
This has been my staple lip liner since April - waaaay before the Kylie Jenner hype (it featured in my beauty haul here, along with a similar shade if you want to see it in more detail).  I've enjoyed using it throughout the year as it's the perfect natural lip shade with a hint of brown - it's the perfect everyday lip liner and I adore it.  I sometimes use it on it's own with a bit of gloss on the top or I'll use it with Mac's Velvet Teddy for that true 90s inspired look.   It's seen me through summer, it's seen me through a summer holiday (perfect to wear around the pool to cheat fuller lips without anybody knowing) and I have no doubt it will see me through winter.  I'm definitely going to pick up a back up soon as mine's getting a little bedraggled...

Stila // Smudge Stick - Waterproof Eyeliner in 'Damsel' // £13.00 // Link
This liner came with Stila's 'In The Light' Palette (review and swatches here) and I've loved it ever since. It's the best eyeliner I've used in terms of longevity - it never runs and stays put all day long.  It looks freshly applied even after a number of hours.  The dark brown shade is slightly more forgiving than a standard black and as the name suggests, it also works well when smudged out for a smokey look.  It's not as precise as a standard pencil liner but its still so easy to apply - I just press it into the upper and lower lash-line and I'm done. I'm slightly gutted as I don't seem to be able to find it sold separately so please do let me know if you've seen it anywhere...

Collection // Illuminating Touch Concealer // £4.99 // Link
I've already spoken about this product on my blog in a recent post here, so I won't say too much - but this concealer has become my saviour for dark circles. Honestly, I've never found another brightening concealer that knocks out shadows like this one. It offers a lovely thick coverage whilst remaining creamy and super blendable. I ran out of it the other day and actually took a drive down to my nearest Boots to grab another straight away - that's how much I love it.


So Susan // Dual Brow Powder // £11.95 // Link
Although I do swear by my Anastasia Dip Brow and HD Brow Palettes, I've recently been using this duo on 'lazy days'.  Although I didn't expect much, I actually really like it.  It's decently pigmented and the shades work really well for my brows.  I've quite taken to using the darker shade as an eyeshadow too.  It's great for popping into my handbag for touch-ups because I really hate carrying around my HD Brows (it's too precious to lose) - it's just such a handy product to have and it's one of the best affordable brow powder duos I've come across.


Benefit // Majorette Booster Cream Blush // £23.50* // Link
Again, like a lot of other products in this post, I already have a full review of this blush here.  I really didn't think I'd take to it too much simply because it's such a summery product - I must admit I was slightly confused when they launched it at the beginning of Autumn but it actually really works for the season.  I'm really not the biggest cream blush fan and I usually hate cream to powder finishes but there's something about this one that I really do love.  I apply it with my stippling brush after my foundation and set using powder.  It looks lovely and bright - it really perks up my skin and I instantly look much more put together and fresh-faced.  It blends easily, is amazingly long-lasting and still looks perfectly applied at the end of the day. OO, and it also smells beautiful! It's what my cream-blush dreams are made of...


Barry M // Nail Paint in 'Raspberry'// £2.99 // Link
You have to hand it to Barry M - nobody does budget nail polishes quite like them! Glossy, pigmented and easy to apply, they're a popular choice in my nail polish collection.  I've been wearing the shade 'Raspberry' almost constantly the past month - I've finally put my pastels to bed and have really been enjoying wearing a darker look.  This shade is super classy and only takes 2 coats for a fully opaque look.  I love the deep red/burgundy shade - it's so striking and is perfect for the festive season.

Swatches L-R // Benefit Majorette // Illamasqua Duo 'Lumos' & 'Heliopolis' // So Susan Dual Brow Powders // Stila 'Damsel' // Barry M Lip Liner // Collection Concealer

So there we have it, my favourites for the month of November.  I'm planning on doing a big 2014 collective favourites post at the end of December/beginning of January - I'll be taking a look back on what I've been loving for the past 12 months so if you want to see what made the cut - keep your eyes peeled! (If you want to have a nosey at 2013's, click here for the makeup edit and here for hair, bath & body...)

Have you tried any of the products featured in this month's favourites?


22 comments:

  1. Love that Seventeen mascara! The Illamasqua duo is on my wishlist though! xx

    Catherine | Pretty Little Beauty Blog | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your picks! I'm so in love with Majorette too and was surprised to like it so much, such a pretty blush shade for Autumn :)

    Lydia x
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you've definitely got me interested in some new things here! I actually ordered the seventeen mascara yesterday, they only had brown left in stock but hoping it's gonna be good. Really want to try the collection illuminator and will be putting raspberry on my never ending nail polish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that barrym nail polish is such a gorgeous colour!

    Rachel // Style Soup

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Illamasqua Sculpting Duo looks amazing.. I love a good contouring and highlighting palette and this one looks perfect for the winter.. It's definitely going on my christmas wishlist! :) x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't taken that Barry M nail varnish off all month either - it's just perfect! I'd really like to try that Benefit blusher, it looks stunning :)

    Bethan | Thought from Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great favourites! :) i love the sound of the Illamasqua sculpting duo. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barry M is my favourite brand of nail polish and I've always wanted to try the Collection illuminating touch, looks great considering how wonderful lasting perfection concealer is x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Stila stick in Damsel is one of my favorites as well! I can never figure out why it isn't raved about more often! x

    Melissa | M is for Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo I just gotta get Majorette!

    We just hit the start of Summer here in Australia so it's a little more suitable for our little spot of the world - love switching to creamier formulas at this time of year for a little more glow! :)

    Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Seventeen mascara is seriously good for a high street one. Right up there with my favourites!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  12. As soon as I saw the Barry M nail polish in the photo I instantly knew what shade it was as it's my absolute favourite. I particularly love wearing it on holiday when I've got a sun-kissed tan lol :) Xx

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Barry M Nail polish! It's perfect for winter! I have to agree with you about the 17 mascara! It's so good!
    Jodie // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to try out that Benefit blush, even though I'm not the biggest Benefit fan, the colour is just the perfect peachy warm shade! x
    cherieedle.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have that barry M nail polish, and have definitely been digging it out for winter this year! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great favorites!!!
    xo
    Stacy

    http://tastyrumors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Benefit does it again with their adorable packaging! And, of course, the product itself looks amazing as well. :)

    Watching for Pigs on the Wing

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just bought that Seventeen mascara as I was in town and realised I forgot to get some! Glad it wasn't a waste :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many great picks! I love the Barry M nail polish shade ^-^
    Also beautiful pictures! <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely favorites! Did I read that correctly for the ELF brush? 3.75!?!? What a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have such a pretty blog! You just gained a new follower <3 I love your posts and the pictures (and products!) are really nice :)

    Xoxo http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x