LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 5 May 2012

Superdrug Tea Tree Skincare Range: Review


I am the first person to admit I am a little bit unadventurous when it comes to skincare. I tend to stick to the things I know work for me and I am very set in my ways (I've used Clinque since i was a teenager). But just recently, a combination of late nights, early mornings and general wear and tear has meant my skin has been more prone to the odd blemish or two. I'm always a little bit unsure about skincare reviews; everybody's skin is different and what works for one person may not work for another - so i shall start by saying i have normal/combination skin and I don't suffer a lot with problem skin. However, when i do get a spot, it basically takes over my face :) LAVley.

'Tea Tree is a natural antibacterial agent known for it's antiseptic healing properties. Peppermint oil is renowned for its therapeutic effect on skin disorders and for its cooling sensation'

'With natural tea tree and peppermint oils and aloe vera extract. Enriched with Pro-Vitamin B5'

Tea Tree Moisturiser:
This feels really nice when applied, sinks in quickly and doesn't feel greasy at all. It also has a lovely cooling sensation when first applied which is great if your skin is feeling a little bit dull and tired. My skin does seem to appear 'calmed' after I've applied this and after a couple of weeks use looks generally more smooth and clear - it does contain aloe vera so it does seem to soothe any redness. I wouldn't recommend this if you have particularly dry skin as it isn't intensively moisturising and it sinks in extremely quickly. If you are put off by the smell of Tea Tree (because lets be fair it does have a tendency to knock your socks off slightly) then you may find the scent a little overpowering and it does linger for a good few minutes or so after application.

Tea Tree 'Spot Stick':
'Spot Stick'. Ew. It sounds a little bit disgusting doesn't it?  But it does what it says on the tube and that's all I'm fussed about. If i feel as if i have a particularly crafty little spot appearing, and lets face it they crop up at the most inconvenient of times..(oh hello birthday blemish... How nice of you to say hello..) i pop some of this on (usually before bed so it can work it's magic overnight). It doesn't make blemishes disappear altogether but it definitely makes them less noticeable and less 'angry' - and the healing process is noticeably sped up. It comes with a doefoot applicator, which i like the idea of but i stay away from using it to apply direct onto my skin; i hate the thought of spreading bacteria and it probably isn't the best choice of packaging, however, i just pop a little bit onto my finger and just dab a small amount on - it isn't much of an issue.

Overall
I really recommend this range if, like me, you haven't got acne-prone skin but have the odd little blemish now and again. The packaging is alright, fairly simple - it won't look exactly glamorous on your bathroom shelf, but it does the job and the products are of a nice size (and they don't break the bank - the two together must have cost me no more than £5)


Have tried any of the Tea Tree Range?
Have you tried any similar products?


14 comments:

  1. I've tried this range before and love it considering the price :)

    Charlee
    Http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the price it's fabulous. I wouldn't pay anymore but for those horrible blemish-y moments i think it's a really good affordable solution :) x x

      Delete
  2. I've been considering trying the spot stick and definitely will now after this review, thanks so much! :)
    whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.co.uk xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good and does the job for the price. Its just so handy to have :) glad you found it useful :)) xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh I have used the body shop range before but never tried these. Might have to give them a whirl after your review! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo ive never tried the body shop version! Must try those i love the body shop! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love this range ! I have the foam cleanser which is great as well. The spot stick sounds amazing ! xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried their facial wash in the past and it's really nice, just I don't use it anymore as it's not SLS free x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good review! I think I will definitely try the spot stick :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to use these a few years ago, and for the price, I really like them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same way, I always stick with Clinique :))

    Miss Katie K

    Belle De Jour

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! It's nice to hear about a really affordable, yet effective range :) xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sounds lovely but I have really dry skin so it probably wouldn't be good for me!

    I've got a giveaway on my blog if you fancy checking it out.

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh I wanna try these! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x