LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Models Own: Hed Kandi Collection in 'Balearic Cool'


(please excuse my shoddy nail and horrible hands..I really need to pur-chase some display-wheels.. my nails are far from photogenic..blame it on the tedious shoe shop work!)

When i first heard about the Hed Kandi collection for Models Own i was super exciteee to say the least. I spent ages choosing between the new shades (including the new summer 'Beetlejuice' collection which, as you all probably know, is absolutely gorgeous), and finally decided on 'Balearic Cool' (and 'Hedonist' - but i still have yet to try that one..)

I don't know what has got into me just lately. I'm usually a classic reds and corals kind of girl when it comes to nails but I've been really loving blues and more daring shades the past few weeks. 'Balearic Cool' is a wonderful aqua blue shade, and its rather difficult to capture it's true beauty and brightness on camera; it's one of those colours you simply have to try for yourself (if you like blue of course - if not, then i suggest you stay well clear of this eye-popping shade..) It looks even brighter in direct sunlight, almost neon (but not enough to look tacky) and adds a wonderful flash of summery colour to any boring day. It most definitely lives up to it's sunshiney-inspired name. This is my first Models Own polish, and to be honest I'm super duper impressed. The colour is fabulous, application was a doddle and the staying power is absolutely flipping excellent - this photo was taken 2 days after application with no chipping whatsoever; it lived through a weekend of work and still lived to tell the tale. In fact, I'm on day 4 now with almost no chipping at all (it could be down to the topcoat i use but usually I'm having to re-apply by now). 

A winner in my books and definately the worth it's £5 price tag. 




11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty shade ! I really like it ! xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this colour. Amazing. Lauren xx

    http://bylaurenjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's my new fave... :) xx

      Delete
  3. This shade is stunning, it'll be gorgeous for summer :D

    I've nominated you for the sunshine award! :)
    http://youralmostalice.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/sunshine-award.html

    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defs a summer colour :) Love it - especially in the sunshine weve had today its looked so bright :)

      oo thankyou ill pop over and have a look - yay :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful color! I don't see many blues this vibrant! I've never tried Models Own, but I might have to xoxo
    A Thing of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me neither! I find it hard to find bright nail polishes that dont look tacky. This was my first models own polish and i loves it xx

      Delete
  5. My friend love nail polishes and i was wondering to get to add to her present. This seems like the perfect thing so thank you! Lovely blog.

    Nafisah xo

    http://bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love models own :D this colour is beautiful xx

    http://stylebykls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh it's gorgeous! I've never thought of using blue nail polish before but it looks great!

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x