LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Models Own: Hed Kandi Collection in 'Balearic Cool'


(please excuse my shoddy nail and horrible hands..I really need to pur-chase some display-wheels.. my nails are far from photogenic..blame it on the tedious shoe shop work!)

When i first heard about the Hed Kandi collection for Models Own i was super exciteee to say the least. I spent ages choosing between the new shades (including the new summer 'Beetlejuice' collection which, as you all probably know, is absolutely gorgeous), and finally decided on 'Balearic Cool' (and 'Hedonist' - but i still have yet to try that one..)

I don't know what has got into me just lately. I'm usually a classic reds and corals kind of girl when it comes to nails but I've been really loving blues and more daring shades the past few weeks. 'Balearic Cool' is a wonderful aqua blue shade, and its rather difficult to capture it's true beauty and brightness on camera; it's one of those colours you simply have to try for yourself (if you like blue of course - if not, then i suggest you stay well clear of this eye-popping shade..) It looks even brighter in direct sunlight, almost neon (but not enough to look tacky) and adds a wonderful flash of summery colour to any boring day. It most definitely lives up to it's sunshiney-inspired name. This is my first Models Own polish, and to be honest I'm super duper impressed. The colour is fabulous, application was a doddle and the staying power is absolutely flipping excellent - this photo was taken 2 days after application with no chipping whatsoever; it lived through a weekend of work and still lived to tell the tale. In fact, I'm on day 4 now with almost no chipping at all (it could be down to the topcoat i use but usually I'm having to re-apply by now). 

A winner in my books and definately the worth it's £5 price tag. 




13 comments:

  1. Such a pretty shade ! I really like it ! xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this colour. Amazing. Lauren xx

    http://bylaurenjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shade is stunning, it'll be gorgeous for summer :D

    I've nominated you for the sunshine award! :)
    http://youralmostalice.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/sunshine-award.html

    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defs a summer colour :) Love it - especially in the sunshine weve had today its looked so bright :)

      oo thankyou ill pop over and have a look - yay :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful color! I don't see many blues this vibrant! I've never tried Models Own, but I might have to xoxo
    A Thing of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me neither! I find it hard to find bright nail polishes that dont look tacky. This was my first models own polish and i loves it xx

      Delete
  5. My friend love nail polishes and i was wondering to get to add to her present. This seems like the perfect thing so thank you! Lovely blog.

    Nafisah xo

    http://bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love models own :D this colour is beautiful xx

    http://stylebykls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh it's gorgeous! I've never thought of using blue nail polish before but it looks great!

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ibex Packaging is one of the manufacturers making Custom Cosmetic Boxes with logos at wholesale for small businesses running anywhere globally. Contact our staff 24/7 to avail of great services.

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x