LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 26 May 2012

Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer | Review


It will come as no suprise that I'm a very big fan of Soap & Glory's beautifying body products (who isn't?), and i've been wanting to test their makeup range ever since they launched it. Now, as far as concealer goes i always find myself reaching for my trusty Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection, however, the beauty blogger in me occasionally wants to branch out from the norm, test products on the market and try something new. I've heard such good things about this concealer and so decided to give it a whirl. Soap & Glory's packaging is right up my street; pink, girly and the occasional witty tagline. The packaging for the concealer is just my cup of tea and I'm sold with any product that comes in a box..


The Kick Ass Concealer is a 'Three-piece flaw camouflage kit' and contains 3 products in one (it also contains a mirror), which is all very handy for me as i like to carry my concealer with me for touch-ups on the go.

Step One: Under-eye brightening concealer with 'puffease'
Step Two: Superwear lightscramble face concealer
Step Three: Concealer sealing powder with 'Insta Fix' 

The consistency is lovely and creamy and applies with an almost mousse-like texture that can be patted into the skin for a flawless finish. It does suggest on the packaging that you apply moisuriser/eye-cream beforehand, and i must admit it does seem to make application a lot easier than just applying on bare skin - people with drier skins will definitely find is easier to apply after their daily moisturiser. If you're a fan of the Collection 2000 like me, then you will find this of a similar finish.

The pink toned concealer inparticular is amazing and instantly makes me look bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to face the day; it really does seem to counteract any purpley-dull tones that i seem to be very prone to. The general concealer does its job very effectively and covers any areas of redness (i find these concealers best applied with the fingers rather than a brush). I also blend them together slightly if i'm feeling ever so slightly devilish! Step three is a translucent setting powder which even comes complete with a little puff-pad. I tend to apply this after my whole concealer/base regime to set it all and it's come in very handy. 

Overall i'm impressed with this concealer - it offers something different to other concealers on the market and the packaging is wonderfully compact for what it is. I must admit i still find myself using my Collection 2000 throughout the day because it's still easier to throw into my bag and i find it stays put slightly longer. However, i've been using this everyday in the morning since i bought it and i'm really loving the two different tones for use on different areas on my face - the undereye concealer has been fabulous to say the least and i really like that it doesn't look as heavy or get 'cakey' as quickly as my C2000Lasting Perfection. For £10.00 it really is worth it, and if you love Soap & Glory - you'll love this.



13 comments:

  1. I've been really intrigued with this product, it looks great! I love the design of the product, may have to go and have a look :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.. love the design of it - tis very clever. Its really good :) xx

      Delete
  2. I always see this make in the shops and because i always stick to the same old concealer i never tried theirs. I'm actually going to stop being a whimp and buy it just for the change :D
    Fibi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh me too! always end up back with the collection 2000 but this ones really good for the mornings or when i need some extra help with the epic bags under my eyes! haha :P xx

      Delete
  3. I love this, it lasts ages as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love Soap & Glory! I should try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! "Puffease"! Beauty companies (particularly Soap & Glory) come up with some wonderfully strange terms.

    This sounds like something I'd like to try. I currently use a light pink setting powder by Benefit, on top of my concealer, so I like that this includes one in the compact. And for a fraction of the price! Have you tried using the Soap & Glory setting powder over the Collection 2000 concealer?

    Great review Beth. Detailed, with just the right amount of quirk!

    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...and I like your new header. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this concealer too but also find it doesn't last long enough. As much as I'd like to only use this I've gone back to Bobbi brown corrector and concealer as it is just more effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so tempted by this as I like the collection 2000 one, but the shades don't seem to match my skin tone and this also looks like a Benefit products, really lovely :) xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this concealer :) Soap and Glory' products never dissapoint! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review and great pics! The packaging is so cute but I haven't tried it, and I also use the collection 2000 one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds lovely, I'll have to give it a go! I'm a massive Soap and Glory fan!

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x