LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 19 May 2012

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge Cream Blush in 'Fresh Melon'


Ever since I pur-chased the Real Techniques Stippling Brush (I haven't done any review on it simply because YouTube and Blogger are full to the brim of them right now) my cream blushers have been making an appearance on my dressing table more than ever before. I'm very much a powder blush kind of girl. I've tried and tried to love my Topshop cream blushes and yet i always return to my trusty powders. However, the stippling brush has inspired me to give cream formulations another go and just recently i've been loving them and the dewy glow they give that powder blushes often lack.

I love corals and peach shades on the cheeks and my motherbear was kind enough to donate this blush to me as she prefers a slightly deeper shade (yay - free product!). The formulation is amazing; really soft and smooth with a dewy finish. Whereas my Topshop blushes have a cream to powder consistency, the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge feels moisturising and stays creamy even once applied. Personally, i liked it and despite the texture, the colour lasted for a good few hours without budging (even when it does disappear it doesn't 'melt' or go patchy - it just fades gradually). I have combination skin and i must admit i was a bit unsure at first. It does feel a bit too moisturising for me at times; i definitely won't be wearing this in warmer weather as i have the feeling it may be a bit heavy for me, however, if you often find your blush goes patchy due to dry skin on your cheeks, you'll love this.

I love that the product is multi-functional and you can also use it on the lips (it's handy to carry around in your bag as it also has a little mirror for application on the go). It applies quite sheer and can be built up for a brighter colour but it is so moisturising and looks amazing when worn as a blush at the same time. Of course, the packaging is just my cup of tea - sleek, matte black and sturdy and comes in a box (fantastico for storage purposes) and for £16.50 they're really worth it.

If you fancy dabbling in cream blush, i'd really recommend these; this one lasted me a whole day at uni without the need for any re-application at all (except for the odd touch up on my lips which understandably does fade quicker than it does on the cheeks!) However, if you do have oily skin or are prone to breakouts on your cheeks i'd probably stick to powders as it has a tendancy to feel quite heavy.  If you fancy a read up on any of my other favourites then heres a few suggestions to have a peek at (i must warn you they are all some form of coral shade - i just love coral way too much):

Illamasqua Power Blush - 'Lover' (favourite blush everr ever)

What are your favourite cream blushes of the moment?


18 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks really beautiful, I've never tried a cream blusher but I think I will have to soon! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its lurrrvley :) Really recommend the Toppyshoppy ones though if you havent tried any cream blushes - much easier to work with :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love the look of this! The name is so summery and I thought it would cost far more than £16.50!! I'm definitely going to have a look at these, I love cream blushes. I really like the Topshop ones but find the colour fades quite quickly! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The name just makes it! haha. Was suprised to find out my mother paid £16.50 too - thought they were much more but will definately pur-chase another one when ive used this xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely color!! Perfect for summer time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award! :)
    http://turquoisedreaam.blogspot.com/2012/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need a peach blush!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty :) it reminds me of my Make Up Store blush Oh So Fresh..:) I really love the peach and coral shades too..:) Always trying to love the cream blushes but it don´t really work on my skin..:/ I give them another try, and another..and another, but I think I gotta stick to the regular ones :P But i will continue giving cream blushes another try tho.. im hopeless ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's such a gorgeous colour! i can never really make cream blush work, i find it just moves my foundation around :/

    notafashionstudent.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love peachy/coral blush! Great blog btw! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm obsessed with cream blush and this looks lovelyy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This stuff looks great. I love Bobbi Brown :) She has the best concealer.

    YES MAKE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    you have so much awesome stuff to haul and i will comment every video :)
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, i am going to have to try this!

    Nafisah xo

    http://bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never even tried Bobbi Brown, or cream blush :-o I must do both soon!
    This looks lovely :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Colour looks great for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog!

    sexdrugsandmarriage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh love the look of this! I'm a coral/peach girl too - I can't seem to get pink to work for me! 16.50 isn't bad for Bobbi Brown either! Thanks for sharing :) x x x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to try a cream blush, they sound so lovely! Loving that colour too :)

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x