LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Sinful Colors Nail Polishes | Collection & Swatches

Swatches - clockwise from far left | Unicorn / Cloud 9 / Pinky Glitter over 290 / 290 / Dare Devil / Timbleberry / Soul Mate / Let Me Go

Show me a blogger who doesn't love a good nail polish. Ever since I was a little girl I've loved painting my nails pretty colours and it's just something I find relaxing to do of an evening. If ever I have a spare fiver and fancy treating myself, I'll often pop a nail polish in my basket on a stroll through Boots.  For me, nail polish is just one of those instant almost-guilt free pick-me-ups - they don't cost the earth and you're never stumped for choice. They're just colourful, pretty little bottles of happiness and rainbows for me. I'm very much a nail polish magpie!  It comes as no surprise then, that I recently treated myself to a selection of new summery shades  from Sinful Colors.  I spotted them a while back on a casual mosey around the shelves of Boots, and at £1.99 I couldn't resist. I bought myself my first bottle and I've been hooked ever since (this was only a couple of weeks ago so to say I now have 8 is saying something!). They're just really good quality polishes, and the shade range is amazing.  They offer everything from pastels, to brights, glitters and darker 'classic' shades.  The application is lovely and I haven't found a 'gloopy' one yet - the bottles are also of really good size - much bigger than your average bottle o' polish! Smashing. I thought I'd give you a run through of the shades I picked out...

Unicorn | A pastel yellow
Cloud 9 | A vibrant, bright orange with teeny-tiny shimmers
Pinky Glitter | A pink glitter polish with a pink coloured base
290 | Bright fluorescent pink (it's much brighter in person than shown on the nail-wheel)
Dare Devil | A vibrant fuchsia with shimmers (this is so bright in person - the photo doesn't do it justice!)
Timbeberry | Reddy-coral
Soul Mate | Warm toned pink
Let Me Go | Pearlescent purple/lilac which changes to blue in the light depending on how you look at it.

What I love about these polishes is the amount of coats it takes to get them fully opaque - I kid you not, I could probably have gotten away with one coat of 'Timbleberry' and 'Soul Mate'. Personally, I prefer two coats anyway to coat any bits I may have missed with the first one but these 2 shades are so impressive.  The rest are very similar - they're not at all sheer and require very little building up at all. Honestly - you'll have to try them to believe me! They're amazing. Probably the best nail polishes I've ever had for pigmentation on first 'swipe' - big claims!  Of course, this does vary with the pearl-y finish ones.  'Let Me Go' takes a while to build up but this is one that I'd wear over a lilac polish anyway.  Even the pink glitter impressed me. I haven't yet worn this on the nails, but when painting the nail wheel I expected the colour pay off to be a bit sheer and not too great (as with most glitter polishes) so I painted a coat of '290' to layer it up with.  But the swatch above of 'Pinky Glitter' on its own is just 3 coats and it actually looks pink. I'd probably still layer it - but I was still impressed with the finish of it.  The polishes themselves dry fairly glossy - aside from '290' which dries quite matte.  I've applied a glossy top coat on top of each swatch purely so you can see what the finished result is with each one - I love glossy nails so this is just a step I never really leave out. I couldn't live without my top coat!

My personal favourite has to be 'Dare Devil' - it's the most vibrant pink fuchsia purple I own and it looks amazing with a bit of a tan. I also really love the vibrant orange colour of 'Cloud 9' - I cannot wait to wear this in the height of summertime or on holiday! I'm usually not one for orange polish but I made an exception with this one - it was just too stunning to ignore. Overall, I really recommend Sinful Colors and I can imagine my collection won't stop here.  I honestly really love them to bits and for £1.99 each they're an absolute steal.


Have you tried Sinful Colors? Which shade takes your fancy?


44 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These colours are so pretty and so girly! I especially like the Pinky Glitter!! xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    & check out my blog sale : http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/littledizzle08/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gorgeous aren't they :) I like the glittery one too x

      Delete
  2. Such Beautiful colors! Unicorn is my Fav!

    www.beautytelltales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooow these colours are gorgeous!
    Cloud 9 is an amazing colour - I love a good orange!


    Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's so vibrant - cant wait to wear it with a tan :) x

      Delete
  4. Awww, these colors are great!! Lovely, especially the pink ones. *_* The combination of 290 and Pinky glitter is just cute so that's my favorite <3 Another favorite is Let Me Go, but seriously - they are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo yes its a good combination! :) I think this collection of mine is going to grow pretty soonish..eek! xx

      Delete
  5. those are all so pretty. Im a huge fan of Sinful Colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I will definitely be buying more x

      Delete
  6. Such gorgeous shades! I feel like I need them all now...I'm blaming this on you! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha ;) i fully accept this blame :P You wont regret buying them all - trust me :P x

      Delete
  7. All of these shades look so pretty :) I haven't got round to trying these polishes yet but after reading this post, I really want to! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely try them :) for £1.99 you cant go wrong :) xx

      Delete
  8. I do love these polishes! Pinky glitter looks beautiful.
    catrinteleri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're all so gorgeous! I love the look of dare devil and soul mate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are such gorgeous colours! My favourite is definitely is let me go and soul mate! :D :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get me some sinful colours and quick! I can't believe they only cost £1.99 ! I love the shades unicorn and soul mate, I don't think I have anything similar in my collection :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not usually a yellow person, but I really love the look of this one!

    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've really wanted to try the sinful colours collection! These colours are so beaut! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got 'Soul Mate' which I adore and 'Easy Going' which is so much like Fiji by Essie. I find the formulas pretty hit and miss though - but I love the look of 'Unicorn' from your swatch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really want to try those!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the look of cloud 9! I have a corally orange on at the moment by 'fearne' so a brighter orange for summer really appeals to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not normally a fan of pinks and oranges, but these are some gorgeous colours!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your swatches hun and you picked out such pretty colours, I picked up 290 the other weekend and I've had it on my nails ever since, talk about highlighter pink! It's gorgeous! Lovely post and I definitly need to pick me up some more shades. I love the look of dare devil and cloud 9 super pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are really pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dare Devil is an amazing colour Beth, I've not tried any of these polishes, may pick up a couple at this price.
    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm also enjoying dare devil!

    Honeyashleigh.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. The quality of your photos is amazing! I'm a new blogger and am thinking of buying a camera, which one would you recommend?

    leighjarviebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been hearing so much about these nail polishes! The colour range looks amazing :) I think Soul Mate and Cloud 9 will have to make their way into my shopping bag!

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. My god they are stunning and i want them all haha x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have tried 24/7 but it was awful and chipped after a couple of hours :( but it hasn't put me off, apparently it is known for chipping, but I didn't know, so will try other colours :) xxxx

    www.mammafulzo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty - the shade 'soul mate' looks gorgeous :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look lovely! I especially love "Soul Mate", Really hoping my local Boots stock them! :)

    www.zenshewears.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow these colours look incredible!! i adore the pinky glitter!!

    Great review, thanks for sharing :)

    Jess x

    www.iamjessw.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I need dare devil, so so pretty! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've never tried Sinful Colors but its colorful stand always affascinates me *_*

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely pictures! I have no Sinful Colors polishes yet but really want to buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just found your blog today.. really lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. These all look like such beautiful colours that'll be perfect for summer :D I'm on a nail polish ban at the minute (purely because my storage is totally full!!) but I really want to try these now, was expecting them to be more than £1.99!
    Love Holly x

    h-c-style.blogspot.co.uk // h-c-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've got one polish in Timbleberry and was impressed with it! I love Cloud 9,I've been looking for a good orange polish for ages! Definitely going to have to pick it up. xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have the black one and think it's amazing for £1.99. All blacks chip quicker than other colours but this is my lasted longing black (better than Rimmel, 2True, and Models Own)
    http://redlipsblackflicks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x