LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 11 June 2013

KMS California | Tame Frizz Range

KMS California Tame Frizz Range* | Link | Frizz Fighter Kit |

If you know me, you'll know that one thing I'm really fussy about is my hair.  I often spend a little more on my hair care, and have a drawer full of my favourite treatments (honestly it's like there's a little hair product pick 'n' mix going on in there).  Recently, I had the chance to try the new 'Tame Frizz' range from KMS California. A brand I actually hadn't tried before but one that my mum uses often (my mum's also a bit of a hair fanatic so if she uses something and likes it then I can often rest assured that I will like it too..), Tame Frizz is the new offering that aims to do just what it says on the tin - Tame your frizz! Now, I've been struggling no end just recently to keep frizzy-bits at bay! I won't harp on about this but I've been noticing changes in the texture of my hair just recently due to medication I've been taking - so to say this range interested me is an understatement as my hair has been a little unmanageable at times and quite a bit drier than what I'm used to.


| Tame Frizz Shampoo & Conditioner |
Before I go into what I think about the performance of the shampoo and conditioner - let me tell you that they smell absolutely divine.  I have to say it's one of the nicest smelling shampoo & conditioner sets I've used - it almost has hints of vanilla to it and leaves your hair smelling beautiful after you've blow dried.  It doesn't take much to get a good lather going on with the shampoo, and when used alongside the conditioner you really do notice how smooth your hair is upon rinsing out.  I noticed a bigger difference after I'd used the products for a couple of weeks or so - of course, it leaves your hair silky soft from first use but it lives up to it's claims of controlling humidity after you've used it a few times.  It's moisturising but not overly so - so if you're more in the market for a moisture surge for very dry hair then it might interest you to know they do a Moisture Repair range (I stole some off my motherbear and it's lovely).  Tame Frizz seems to concentrate more on controlling fly aways and frizzy bits - and leaves your hair smooth to the touch and easier to brush through afterwards.

| Tame Frizz De Frizz Oil |
If I had to pick a favourite product from the range it would be this one.  As a person who hoards hair oils, I thought 'do I really need another?'. Well...Yes. Yes I do.  You can use this oil just as you would any other hair oil - applied to the ends of the hair after washing and towel drying.  It really does work a miracle on my hair, and I find it best to use when my hair is dry.  I find the top layers of my hair sometimes get a little bit frizzy, but with a couple of pumps ran through lightly it banishes any sign of fly aways in an instant and leaves the hair feeling moisturised a soft without looking greasy.  It's lighter than some oils I own (it's not as thick or heavy as some) which makes it perfect for more multi-purpose use - either when your hair is wet or dry.  I really recommend trying it when your hair is having a bit of a cruddy day - it smooths it out and adds a little extra shine and moisture to hair that's lacking a bit of life. It also adds heat protection - little fruity bonus there!

| Tame Frizz Smoothing Lotion |
Another one of my favourites from the range and I reckon I'll be buying this pretty soon.  I use the smoothing lotion like a finishing touch to my hairstyle - a small amount rubbed into the palms of your hands and lightly smoothed over the top layers of the hair or through the ends and provides a smoothing effect; banishing any frizzy-bits and generally just adding that finishing touch. You can also use it when you're hair is damp depending on what works for you. I really like this one - smoothing cremes are something I've used since I was a teenager and I find them so beneficial for those days where my hair looks a little dishevelled!


| Tame Frizz Taming Creme |
The Taming Creme is very similar to the smoothing lotion, but just with that extra bit of hold that the lotion doesn't provide.  It's ever so slightly thicker in consistency but works in more or less the same way - adding that extra bit of control if your hair is being particularly devilish!  It adds heat protection which is really handy and can be applied to hair wet or dry. It's quite lightweight to say it adds a little bit of hold - so if you want a bit of control but don't want to weigh your hair down with sprays or heavy styling products then it's worth giving something like this a whirl.

Overall, I really like the KMS California Tame Frizz range and am so glad I've been introduced to a brand I know I will go back to. Would I buy into the range in future? Absoloutely yes.  The hair oil is something I couldn't live without now despite my array of different bottles and brands that I have - I find it the most lightweight and versatile oil I currently own, and I really love the effect it gives on dry hair. It's worth mentioning that their 'Frizz Fighter' kit also comes with an anti-static comb (not pictured) - really handy for those untameable days! I really want to try their Moisture Repair shampoo and conditioner next - and can imagine using them alternatively with the Tame Frizz will work wonders for me and my hair.  You can find KMS California on Look Fantastic, Beauty Bay and Feel Unique, and also in salons across the country. You can have a nosey at their website here and discover more about the ranges they do.

Have you tried KMS California?
What product from them would you recommend if you have?

10 comments:

  1. Wowww what an indepth review!
    If this gives me hair like yours i'd totally give it a go ;) haha!

    http://becoming-beauty.blogspot.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lauren! I often waffle on :P haha
      oo dont be a silly billy :P my hair has been a little rascal just recently - its like a little lions mane! haha
      definitely worth a try though - i will be getting more of it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love your reviews, they are so helpful!
    I will definitely have to buy these :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much :) thats really nice to know :) i often think i harp on a bit :P
      definitely try them - they dont break the bank and the fact they have ranges tailored to different hair woes is really good :) x

      Delete
  3. My mum uses KMS too :) I recently picked up some little tubes of KMS After Sun Rescue from TK Maxx. They're meant to be good for your hair after you've been in the sun or in the pool, so I thought they would be perfect for taking on holiday :) Haven't tried them yet but very excited to! Lovely review Beth, love reading your posts! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been hearing so much about this product recently! All good things too.

    Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! Im definetly going to have a little browse at this brand.

    www.itsflashyfash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have hair that has to be straightened religiously due to the sheer amount of curly frizz and my hairdresser recommended the smoothing lotion and I love it! I'm a sucker for KMS though, it's the only thing my hairdresser stocks and I have a huge collection now.
    Oh and it smells so good!

    Glad to see someone else has been converted!

    http://nifsthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb blog. Thanks for sharing your experience. I am impressed by your writing. KMS Molding Paste

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to use the KMS Frizz Spray - and it was OK - but I switched to the Shielo Hydrate Sealing Mist and I love this product! Use it at the end of styling to seal your strands and keep them from getting frizzy on a humid day. Also, is just a great for giving hair silky movement and shine. This Shielo Sealing Mist is as close as I have come to frizz free hair.

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x