LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 13 June 2013

Current Eyebrow Favourite | HD Brow Kit in 'Bombshell'


Even before I started blogging, I wanted a HD Brows kit. When I saw this kit in a blogsale a good while back for around the £6 mark I practically snapped the fellow blogger's hands off for it.  Sadly, I wasn't handed the naturally amazing eyebrows card in life, and after a serious over-plucking mishap when I was about 13 I think it's fair to say that I'm definitely not blessed with the most defined, full brows in the world. Trust me - without a little bit of colour whipped through them they look quite sparse to say the least.  Being blonde, my eyebrows haven't got a great deal of colour to them as it is, and as eyebrows essentially frame your face, I find that I do need a selection of products in order to give me a helping hand. I like them to look naturally defined and noticeably darker than my hair, but not so much so that I end up rocking a scouse brow.  For a good while now I've been happy using my Sleek Eyebrow Kit which comes with the wax and the powder - but ever since I purchased my HD Brows I've been switching back to pure powders a little more.

I bought my palette in the shade 'Bombshell'. I'd always had my eyes peeled for the brunette version (I believe it's called Foxy?) as I must admit I'm partial to a slightly darker brow, but when I saw this I thought I'd just throw caution to the wind and give it a try whilst I had the chance.  I'm so glad I got the blonde version now - the colours are actually quite pigmented and look dark enough without look false. I won't harp on about the kit too much as I'm sure you can all recall the rave reviews that hit your laptop screens a couple of years ago now when people received these palettes in their Glossyboxes, but I really think it's worth a mention on my blog as it's something I've really been loving recently.  The powders themselves are very soft to the touch and really highly pigmented, making them perfect for definition. You definitely don't get any 'fluffy' smudgy edges with these shadows and it's very easy to get a crisp, even line.  Usually, I don't use the brushes that come with kits and palettes, but I actually really like the little brush in this one - the slanted edged one is particularly useful for getting that perfect shape and defining the arch - and the fact it's so travel friendly means it's great for on the go (you even get a mirror in the lid). I personally find a mixture of the two brown shades works a treat for me, and I use the slightly darker one for the arch of my brow.  I pop on a little bit of Mac's Brow Set in 'Beguided' on afterwards to add that finishing touch and I'm good to go. If I want an even more defined look, I will apply a little bit of wax from my Sleek kit beforehand and apply the powders from this set over the top to set the colour from the wax.

The nude shade doesn't show up on me too well unfortunately - and for that reason it doesn't get a great deal of use but I often pop a little bit under the brow bone for a subtle finishing touch.  What I love about the HD Brows kit is that it's so versatile.  You can use the powders as long wearing eyeshadows also - meaning Carbon is perfect for a smokey eye on a night out.  I've used eyebrow powders in the past and have always been a little bit disappointed with the finish and the wear time, but the HD Brows kit really does last all day and stays in place whilst looking natural and groomed. I'd go as far as to say I couldn't be without it in my makeup drawer now. I really do think it's worth browsing blog sales every now and then - I've certainly grabbed some bargains! If you spot a product you've always wanted to try but never been able to get your hands on or never been able to justify the price tag - then it's a really good way to try something out. I picked up an barely used Nars Multiple the other week and am so glad I found it as I'd never felt entirely sure about parting with £30 for one! I shall be doing a post on blog sales soon - I've found some really good things from my fellow bloggers and it's a really good way to discover things you might not have discovered before.


Have you found any bargains in any blog sales recently? If you have one running currently then let me know - I'm getting quite the bargain hunter! David Dickinson eat your heart out, pal!

11 comments:

  1. I have the brunette version and i have dark hair but i find that the colours can be a little dark if applied too heavily so i might try bombshell, i had no idea about the blonde version so thank you love! xx

    oliviasword.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I really want a HD brow kit! I have got a blog sale on Hun, http://glambeautys.blogspot.com/2013/05/blog-sale.html
    Liza
    Glambeautys.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my HD kit so much, I use it every day without fail. The lightest colour is great used on a flat smudge brush around the brow after you've done your brows to neaten the edges up.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see a post on this kit I want it all over again! I'd need to go for the brunette version as I have dark hair, but it looks so gorgeous! I don't have particularly sparse brows, but I just don't feel 'done' without filling them in! Don't worry - I stay away from the caterpillar look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have somewhat of an addiction to eyebrow pencils, I really want to try one of these kits!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah this has made me want the brunette version of this kit.
    Eyebrows are everything!

    Katie Loves..| UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such an eyebrow noob. I haven't got a clue how to actually fill mine in. I might actually invest in one of these though to try and do something with mine!

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I have dark hair I bought this kit, as I thought the brunette one looked dark. I'm glad I did as this kit is spot on.
    Much prefer it to using pencils.
    Caroline.x

    notesfromcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use this every day its my absolute favourite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you did a post on this..I have major problems finding decent eyebrow products and I'm hoping this will be the perfect product for me:)fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this in Foxy I think from a Glossybox, had it since September 2011 and it's still going strong with virtually daily usage! xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x