LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 23 June 2013

Large Clothing Haul | ASOS, Topshop, New Look, Primark & More


Hiddely-ho my little rays of sunshine.  Just recently, I think it's fair to say I've been a little slap-dash with the ol' purse strings.  I'm usually pretty good, but I've had a bit of money saved up for a while and all the new season bits and bobs have been tempting me.  I've not yet booked any holidays, but I'm hoping to get a late deal with friends or family some time soon (I'm 22, but if there's a spare seat going on the family holiday plane then you can be sure that I will happily take it...) As always, I thought I'd show you what I've picked up recently.  I go to London with uni next week for 5 days, so I've also been stocking up on clothes for that. Any excuse to go shopping...

Crop Tops | Spotted & Striped - New Look / Striped Black & White - Topshop / Cropped Crochet Jumper - Primark
Well, I've gone cropping mad haven't I ;) Everyone is wearing tops of the cropped variety just recently and I certainly hopped on that bandwagon a while back.  I've built up quite the collection now.  These are the newest additions to my cropped-family... The ones from New Look are such a bargain and are the perfect length to wear in the daytime without flashing too much tum.  I pair mine with high waisted shorts or skater skirts, or my Topshop Joni jeans or trusty American Apparel disco pants.  The Topshop number is very, very short - and I'm currently after a white or black full-circle skirt to go with it - I love stripes at the moment so it had to be mine! The Primark jumper was a bit of an impulse buy.  They only had one left in my size and I couldn't quite bring myself to leave it (always happens in Primark..once they're gone they're gone!) - I'm unsure about what to wear it with currently and debating whether or not I can actually make it work so if you have any suggestions please help a brother out!  I'm thinking it would look nice with my high-waisted jeans but I'm yet to try out the combination...

Spotted Backless Cami - ASOS / Floral Floaty Cami - New Look

Cami tops are essential in my wardrobe.  They're simple, versatile and go with anything; whether it be worn loose and floaty over skinny jeans or tucked into a skirt or shorts.  I'm in love with dotted things at the moment so I picked this little top from ASOS - I always feel like Minnie Mouse when I wear it and it just makes me want to reach for the red lipstick! It has a low back, so it's very summery and I tend to just wear mine with a bandeau top underneath if I'm not feeling like going bra-less (flashing a bit of side-boob at college would be deemed inappropriate I'm sure..) The floral cami is from New Look and will go perfectly with my skinny jeans.

  | Lace trim shorts - House of Fraser |

I don't often buy denim shorts.  I love them but often don't get my wear out of them for some reason but this year I've really been loving the lace trimmed trend.  I spotted these in House of Fraser and had to have them - they're just long enough to be able to wear without tights and they look lovely on - the lace trim at the sides adds a pretty detail and I will definitely be bringing these out as soon as I have a tan on my legs!


 Playsuit - New Look / Yellow Floral Skater Skirt - ASOS / Lace Pencil Skirt - Missguided / Joni Jeans - Topshop

I have gone crazy for anything yellow at the moment! The brighter the better! I was so drawn to this skirt from ASOS and swiftly popped it in my basket. The pencil skirt from Missguided is beautiful but I'm going to have to send it back. I'm usually a size 8 but I reckon I need a size 6 in this. It's currently out of stock so I'm gutted, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled as it's such a lovely, classic skirt.  And of course, the Joni jeans. I've been eyeing them up for ages and finally gave in to temptation.  I get so much wear out of my disco pants and I figured these would come in handy for when I don't want to look overly dressy.


Orange Bodycon Dress - Topshop / Black & White Bodycon Dress - H&M

Everybody loves a bodycon dress, right? They're staples in my wardrobe and I often dress them up or down depending on the occasion. The H&M one looks so much better when worn than when on the hanger - it really sucks you in and the contrast of the black and white really accentuates your figure.  I will be taking these 2 down to London for the week as I'm sure they'll come in handy if we end up going out for a few drinks... Dresses like this solve the problem of wondering what to wear!

Lace & Chiffon Dress - Missguided / Cut Out Floral Dress - Primark

Every girl needs a floaty princess-y dress for her holidays. This is mine. Yes, I haven't booked a holiday yet but it will most certainly be first in my suitcase when it comes to packing if I do.  It's so summery and the blue is so bright and pretty.  I cannot wait to wear it!  The Primark dress was such a steal (I reckon it was £12) - it has lattice cut-outs at the side so will look amazing with a tan! I don't usually buy Primark dresses as they're often too long for me (I lack in the height department) - this one is just right though and I'm so happy I found it!

 Studded Jumper - H&M (sale)

I wanted this jumper ages ago so when I saw it in the sale for a tenner I had to grab it!  It has little gold stud details on the shoulder and is just the right length for me.  It's still pretty chilly sometimes in the UK so I know I will be getting a great deal of wear out of this over the next few months regardless of whether it's summer or not!

So there we have it - my most recent purchases from the past few months or so! I seem to accumulate a lot of stuff yet it never seems like a lot at the time... I have a few more bits to include but I'm going to do a separate post on those as I'm sure there's only so much haulin' you all can take in one post! 

What have you been buying just recently? Anything here tickle your fancy?!

36 comments:

  1. Love them all, particularly the lace and chiffon dress, gorgeous colours! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh the lace and floral dress is so cute!!you have some really nice bright summer florals in this haul!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to pick up some of those spotty/stripy crop tops from new look, they're a bargain! and I think i'm in love with the blue and white lace dress, it is a true princess dress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the spotted crop top - it fits so nicely, not too tight but fitted.

    Katie Loves..| UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a haul! haha
    Some lovely pieces, but I REALLY love that studded jumper.. NEED! :p

    Caroline.x
    notesfromcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh beaut you have amazing taste in clothes ;) every item i NEED in my life :P love the crop tops so cute. OOTD posts needed :D

    Love Emily xxxxxxxxxxx<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you brought some lovely things! Love all your dresses, which reminds me I need to get some for holiday :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spotty cami, Haven't seen it before! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the polka dot cami x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blue and white dress, I'm sure it looks stunning on you :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely haul - so jealous of the H&M jumper you found on sale, I never seem to find any nice things in the H&M sales!

    A beauty, food and life blog by Izzi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the stuff you picked up. Cute tops and shorts.

    Kah-Feh Yen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the stuff you bought - especially the dresses and crop tops! Great haul (:

    The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab haul lovely! I was so close to buying that New Look playsuit for my hols before realising I already had far too much stuff haha!! I also have the orange Tophop dress but I've still not worn it - I must crack that one out soon!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You picked up some lovely bits, i especially love the hot pants x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous pieces - it sucks that right now, where I live, it's Winter... :(

    joyjoii+ {food, fashion, lifestyle} 

    ReplyDelete
  17. incredible haul!! xxx

    blue-bells.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love everything! those denim shorts are beaut!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. i really really love the spotty crop top and the spotty backless top from asos, they're both so beautiful. what a great big hall!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such a great taste in clothes! The bodycon dresses are amazing, I wish I had the figure to wear things like that! x
    Eden xx
    midnightr-ose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have the polka dot crop top from New Look, wish I'd seen the striped one too - it's so cute :) Love the lace trim shorts as well! Such an amazing haul Beth, love everything you've bought xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. ohh Beth your hauls always make me want to go and buy everything! I really really love those cute lacy denim shorts xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love everything! the lace denim shorts are so cute :) x

    www.zdevania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. There's always at least 5 things I want that you bought Beth! I really love that jumpsuit and the polka dot cami ~ Have a fab day beaut xoxo

    www.dressedinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. woah you picked up some really nice bits, massive haul hehe I just tried to buy that spotted vest on ASOS and the link just takes you straight to the asos home page, i cant find it anywhere :s booo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great buys. Those lace & denim shorts are beaut.x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooo I love all of this!! These kind of posts really aren't good for my bank balance :P I love the stripey tops and the Newlook playsuit is so pretty :) I've found a few gems on Ebay recently, so excited to wear them :D
    Love Holly x

    h-c-style.blogspot.co.uk // h-c-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hiya, just discovered your blog. It's amazing! Love this post - the lace trim shorts are gorgeous I own a pair :3 Following you now. Bhavna xo

    bittersweet-bhavna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you very much for your sharing, but if you are looking for some stylish and affordable wholesale womens clothing, you can also turn to online store She Star.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post.we provide.Wearing Dreams Singapore's Personalized Luminous T-Shirt Printing.
    T shirt printing singapore

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x