LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Hair Personality with Toni & Guy | The 'Jumbo Tong'

Toni & Guy | The Jumbo Tong | £20.00* | Link

When I was asked to take part in Toni & Guy's 'What's Your Hair Personality?' challenge, I jumped at the chance.  If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know that I have an obsession for anything hair related.  Every blogger has a 'thing', don't they? Whether it be skin care, nail polish or an ever-growing lip balm collection at the bottom of their handbags. Mine is most certainly anything to do with the ol' barnet! Toni & Guy do a fabulous selection of products and hot tools, all matched to certain hair personality's and types.  There are 4 core collections - 'Classic', 'Casual', 'Creative' and 'Glamorous' - something to suit every preference.  I had a little browse through but there was one collection that caught my eye straight away - 'Glamour'.   I'm always curling my hair (it's naturally straight) and I'm a big fan of volume - the bigger the better. You'll never catch me getting ready for a night out without a few rollers delicately perched on my head! Enter the Toni & Guy 'Jumbo Tong' - meant for creating lots of volume, glamorous waves and sleek loose curls.  

The large barrel (38mm to be precise) is perfect for creating waves and large, loose curls in the hair.  A lot of curling tongs and wands on the market tend to give that 'ringlet' look - but this one adds just the right amount of curl without looking over-done, and provides the hair with a lot of movement and texture in an instant.  To create the look above,  I simply took one inch sections and wrapped them around the barrel for a few seconds before releasing.  I then 'perfected' the look after I'd gone around my whole head and re-curled some of the bits that looked a little bit flat - sometimes taking slightly smaller sections of hair to get a variety of slightly tighter curls and loose waves.  The movement and texture that is achieved is simply stunning - very similar to the look I'd get when using heated rollers or when I have 'second day curls' - very undone, a little tousled and with a lot of body in the mid-sections.   The curls do drop throughout the day, so if you're the type who likes your hair to stay put I'd recommend using a good hairspray, but I was left with lovely, loose looking waves - very beachy and bed-heady. I will say that the tongs work much better on 'second day hair' - I achieved a more defined wave when my hair wasn't freshly washed but I guess that's the case with the majority of heated tools.

The Jumbo Tong is extremely easy and straight forward to use.   You simply choose the heat setting depending on your hair type/thickness via the dial on the body of the tong (I use a medium heat) and in a minute or so you're pretty much ready to get styling! If you have hair that tends to struggle to hold a curl, you might need to have a play around with the dial to find a setting that works for you, but It's very quick to use and a complete doddle to get around your whole head in a matter of minutes - leaving you with perfectly 'undone' looking hair to rival the likes of Cheryl Cole.  The best part is the price; for just £20, the Jumbo Tong is amazingly affordable and is the perfect companion for voluminous, natural looking movement.  You can find them on the Toni & Guy website here and also in lots of high-street stores.

Have you tried the Toni & Guy Jumbo Tong?  Which 'Hair Personality' do you reckon you'd be?

23 comments:

  1. This looks like something that I need! I spend tons of time using a smaller barrel curling iron and brushing out the curls to get those nice waves. I may need to look into something like this. Lovely post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jade! I do this too! Always brushing out the curls to get them to look more natural - this tong gives lovely 'second day hair' look if thats the sort of thing you prefer! :) For £20 - its worth a try! x

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks amazing, I love loose waves so I think I may need this + the price is great!
    Through Chelsea's Eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Chelsea!! :) Oo yes I bet you'd love it! :) The price is spot on isn't it? Really purse friendly! x

      Delete
  3. your hair is like, my dream hair! I love this effect! xxx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Grace! It's always a little bit 'birds nest-y' though! xx

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks so gorgeous, I'd love to try using a tong that big xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really looks lovely on your hair! x
    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave this post a like straight away on the basis of the stunning picture at the start. I absolutely love your hair, I've got long hair too but I can never quite get it to take on the volume that I really want. Lovely post, you've got so much personality coming through in your posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your hair looks amazing. I've put a curler on my Xmas list but I didn't specify which one... i hope Santa knows his haircare! xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking for a big tong and this is exactly what I was after! Your hair looks great!

    This is going on my xmas list for sure!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look absolutely perfect as per usual, amazing hair... If this is what ill look like after I need to give this a bash definitely! Xxx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks gorgeous! :)

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like such a fab product and it makes your hair so pretty!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great review, I'm going to check it out :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair looks gorgeous, I love the shape of curls that it produces! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe that's only £20 - your hair looks incredible :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair looks gorgeous! x

    http://fortheimperfectlyperfect.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're hair is absolutely gorgeous! As well as you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. NEW TONGS! just what I was looking, love to curl my hair and these look pretty darn good!... and new blog find at the same time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You hair looks amazing. I love soft curls like this and this definitely makes me want to check it out. I went back up and saw the price and that's shocking! I imagined it would be a lot higher.

    xx MochaLexy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh your hair looks so stunning. I was looking at this but wasn't sure, now I definitely want to get it!

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x