LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 23 December 2013

Latest in Beauty | The GLAMOUR Beauty Edit

Latest in Beauty | The GLAMOUR Beauty Edit Box | £14.95 | Link

When I saw all the hype surrounding the 'Latest in Beauty GLAMOUR Edit' box, I knew it wouldn't be long before I caved.  I wasn't wrong. A few days after I first heard of it, a little package arrived safe and sound on my doorstep and I tore it open like a kid at Christmas.  I loved the fact that you could just buy the one box without commitment or signing up to further boxes, and the contents totally blew me away. The box is worth a whopping £65 in total - so for just £14.95 - it really was a bargain and the perfect treat. I'm sure you've all heard about it by now as I really was a little late on the bandwagon, but I thought I'd give you the lowdown on what's in the box nonetheless...


HD Brows | Eye & Brow Palette in 'Foxy' 
I'm a massive fan of the HD Brows kits but they're hard to get your mitts on unless you want to pay a fortune! So when I saw that the box contained a full size HD Brows palette, I was sold! I usually use the shade 'Bombshell', but on comparing the 2, there really isn't a great deal of shade difference between the two.  If you've never tried HD Brows, I really recommend them. The powders are amazingly pigmented and soft, and don't smudge or fade through the day.  They're also great to use for eyeshadow and I've often blended the brown shades onto my eyelids and through the crease for a beautiful neutral look.   I have a review of my 'Bombshell' palette over here if you want to have a read up!

Eyeko | Lash Curlers
I adore eyelash curlers! I've been faithful to my beloved Tweezermans since secondary school now and nothing has ever come close, so I'm really looking forward to trying these beauties to see what they have to offer! I've heard such good things and the velvet handles are to die for! Who can say no to a dash of purple velvet?! Not me, i'll say...

Maybelline | Baby Lips in 'Hydrate'
Beauty bloggers have gone crazy for this cult favourite! I already own the peach coloured version and I must admit it's a lip balm I do tend to reach for a great deal - it's not super hydrating but there's something about the cute packaging and yummy scents that attract me to them. I find them to be hydrating enough for daytime wear without feeling too heavy or sticky on the lips and they add a little bit off glossiness. I have a full review of the Baby Lips here if you fancy a read.

Benefit | They're Real Mascara (travel size)
I'm extremely fussy with mascaras but this one has to be one of my all time favourites so I was glad to be getting another one in the box!  It's so intensely black and fans your lashes out like nothing else. I'm usually not too keen on plastic brushes but this one does it's job amazingly well and if you still haven't tried 'They're Real' I really recommend it.  I adore it.  I have a full review of the mascara here if you're interested in reading about it in detail.

Philip Kingsly | One More Day | 50ml Size
I'm a massive fan of dry shampoo. I hardly ever wash my hair daily and tend to use  dry shampoo on the second day to revive my hair at the root and add a bit of volume and texture.  I'm really excited to start trying this once my usual bottle has ran out - it's said to absorb excess sebum without drying out the scalp or leaving residue - which is one problem with the majority of dry shampoos out there. 

Balance Me | Extra Care Radiance Face Oil | 10ml
I've never really caught on to face oils.  There's something about them that scares me a little bit but I'm planning on using this in the new year once the weather really does take it's hold over my skin and I get more dry areas. I must admit, I've always got on well with Balance Me and their products seem to suit my skin quite well - so I'm quite excited about trying this one. It has a rollerball applicator which is so handy - as I hate pour-y bottles (I'm clumsy...). Balance Me say the products is the 'perfect rescue and repair for partied-out, sleep deprived skin' and is said to 'nourish, condition and glowify'. I don't know about you but my skin could do with some glowify-ing!

Toni & Guy | Glamour Firm Hold Hairspray | 75ml
This hairspray is said to provide firm hold without stickyness or weighing the hair down.   I usually use Elnett due to it's light, weightless feel as I like my hair to look natural and still have movement when it's styled - but this one might be great for rainy or windy days where I need a little extra something to help keep stray away hair at bay! Nobody likes a mop head.


Overall, a fabulous box and all for £14.95! I'm so glad I got one and there isn't a single product in there that I wouldn't want to use, test and try out for myself.  I love HD Brows (mine's starting to hit pan) so buying the box was well worth it as a full sized palette on it's own is already worth more than the £14.95 the box cost me! Amazing.  As well as this, the box is packaged beautifully and you really feel as if you've treated yourself when you open the box to the pretty tissue paper wrapping and glossy information cards. I definitely won't be throwing out the box either, that's for sure.  It's really sturdy and of a great size so I might store something in there (wow I don't sound like a recycling geek at all do i?). I also love the fact that you can choose some samples to throw in to your order as well for a few pounds each - I'm so glad I've found out about Latest in Beauty and will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled on their website in the future!

Did you grab a Latest in Beauty box? What was your favourite product?

15 comments:

  1. Ooh that seems such a good deal, I want the HD brows! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its really good! I usually don't catch on to hype with a lot of boxes but i had to have this one - amazing :) x

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing!

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard sooo many good things about the HD Brows palette. I really want HD Brows done professionally. xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to pick up this box but decided to be good in the build up to Christmas, it sure is a great box!
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful box. I love the look of everything especially the HD Brows palette. I love how you can also use them as eye shadows. Such a nice way to treat yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How good is that for the price?!?! I'm amazed! Half of the beauty boxes I see look rubbish and I wouldn't even waste my money, but I'm shocked!!!! x
    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great box :) Latest in Beauty always do fab things like this :)

    Danniella x | www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't too excited about the Dry Shampoo but it's fabulous! Honestly, your hair actually feels clean again - none of that awful, sticky feeling! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought two! Such great value. I kept one myself and broke the other one into gifts for other people. Love HD Brows too, my holy grail x

    www.beautyandlechic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I was too late for this beauty. Hope they get more stock in!

    www.notwedordead.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great box... I didn't order as I've already got a lot of the things, but I'd love to try the HD brows palette...

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow great post really love the products you received I really need to try the baby lips lipbalms! Happy New Year :) xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Going to look this company up IMMEDIATELY xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x