LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 19 December 2013

Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in 'Revenge' | Dupe for Mac's 'Dark Side'?


You know me... casually stroll into Boots and make a beeline straight for the lipsticks.  When I heard of Collection's new Gothic Glam range a couple of weeks back, I tottled off to pick one up - it's no secret that I've been in favour of a darker lip of late!  I instantly settled on 'Revenge' - a deep maroon shade. The collection consists of 2 other shades - one slightly lighter berry red, and a very daring deep purple.  The lighter maroon looked very similar to their 'Prohibition' Deluxe lipstick which I already own (it has it's own post here!) and I couldn't quite see myself pulling off the purple shade (beautiful as it is) without looking like I was about to go trick or treating... so 'Revenge' it was!

I have to say - Collection know how to make a lipstick. Every single one I've bought, I've loved.  They're pigmented, last amazingly well and the formula is always really creamy and non-drying - not to mention the amazing price! For £2.99, these little beauties are a fabulous option for a purse-friendly treat.  As soon as I popped 'Revenge' on the lips, I was instantly reminded of my newest dark-lip fave, Mac's 'Dark Side'. (post here)  And when I got them both out alongside each other to compare, I wasn't wrong! Not only are they very close in the colour stakes, but they give a very similar look and finish to the lips and are both incredibly opaque.  'Dark Side' is more of a true dark maroon shade compared with 'Revenge' - Collection's offering is ever so slightly more purple toned as can be seen in the swatches above.  Personally,  I don't see a great deal of difference once worn - and although my Mac favourite tops the mark sliiightly, I must admit I love 'Revenge' and I'm so glad I picked it up.  I love the formula - it's lovely and opaque without being completely matte, so it gives that little bit of dimension to your lips and doesn't instantly settle into fine lines or dry areas. Thumbs up from me!

Of course, I'm aware I actually didn't need both of these lipsticks in my collection - after all, they're both extremely similar - but I must admit I'm quite happy to have found a cheaper, affordable dupe for a Mac winter favourite!  I always feel a little 'iffy' about taking my Mac lipsticks out with me (we've all been there, done that and lost the £15 lipstick, right?), so in future, I shall keep the Collection version in my handbag for on the go top ups! I can't seem to find the Gothic Glam collection on Boots website, but you can easily find them in store and also in Superdrug here. For £2.99, they're the perfect excuse to try something a little more daring this winter...  I have a post on Mac's Dark Side here if you fancy comparing the 2 in more detail!

Have you tried any lipsticks from Collection's 'Gothic Glam' range? Whats your favourite?

39 comments:

  1. no way is that collection?! :O that is near enough an exact dupe just by looking at the shade

    yukluistyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep!! Good ol' Collection! I know! You can hardly tell the difference at all! x

      Delete
  2. I saw this at boots the other day and i thought that the colour was so gorgoeous. I've been looking for a more darker berry shade because i think that my Kate 107 is slightly too red toned for me and i like a more cooler dark wine colour for christmas as i don't have that kind of shade in my collection. The swatches really do show how similar the colours are! The price difference is amazing~

    Thanks for sharing and reviewing! Hope you are enjoying your festive days! ^^

    *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :)! Ahh yes these are much more cool toned and quite a bit darker than 107. If that's exactly what you're after then it's worth having a look at both of them! I personally can't tell a great deal of difference but i slightly prefer the Mac one due to staying put a little better - but for £2.99 the Collection one is well worth it! x

      Delete
  3. Well this is rather fabulous and what a great dupe!!! Such a good price, this is a shade I wouldn't usually wear so I'd definitly buy the dupe. Thanks Hun.

    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing isn't it! They're quite close - was suprised how similar they are when I swatched them - even had to double check which swatch was which! haha
      No probs beaut - bet it will look lovely on you :) x

      Delete
  4. I can't believe how similar they look it is a complete dupe!

    Emily
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how similar they look it is a complete dupe!

    Emily
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful colour and I bet it suits you so much Beth. I really wish I wore more colours like this, I need to get my finger out and apply them more often. I just don't feel confident in dark lipstick.

    Beth | BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's so close, I might have to take a look at the collection one as I was wondering about Dark Side, fab find Beth :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have bought the other two, regretting the decision not to buy this one! Maybe I will have to go and buy it, gorgeous colour, and any MAC dupe that is good quality and purse friendly is fine by me! The first lighter shade (seduction) is really lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Another lipstick to my 'virtual' collection haha plus always a bonus if it's a Mac dupe ;) Next time I get paid I need to visit Superdrug & have a swatch at these lippies :D I have never liked this dark of a colour - the darkest I've went is Kate Moss' 107 & that was taking a plunge haha. But a little bit of persuasion & I'm hooked ;)

    Thanks Beth :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a perfect dupe! Off to seek this out tomorrow as I really need this in my collection now! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually prefer the collection one! Might have to pick this up :)
    www.lost-in-wonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is MEGA impressive for collection and what an amazing shade- really impressed with this as a dupe! I NEED! xx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing shade!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad I read this, I'd have never thought to try the Collection lipsticks but I definitely will now!

    xxx
    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a definite buy, the colour looks so rich and is perfect for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This shade looks gorgeous I love dark plums they are the only lipstick I normally buy :) will have to look for this x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both beautiful looking lippies, I will have to pick the collection one up! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is one of the closest dupes I've seen yet!
    well done you ^_^ what a fab cheaper alternative, and great idea keeping this one in the bag rather than it's expensive version, I feel the same about MAC ones!
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a beautiful colour, looks much different in the swatch than in the tube! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I actually picked up one of the Gothic Glam lippies by accident after reading your post about a Collection lipstick in "Prohibition", which was the one I was meant to pick up haha! They do have an amazing forumla and colour pay off though :) xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, these are both stunning! Great post :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome post,
    Love this lip stick shade!

    officialpaulapiranha.blogspot.co.uk

    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow I am obsessed with Dark side at the moment. I seem to be wearing it daily. Thank you for the find! I'll be sure to purchase it later
    Shannon x

    www.blogger.com/shannonigans-ox

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is such a good dupe! love it haha i hate super expensive things :P

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have a few Collection lipsticks and love the formula! This is such a good dupe too, I'd had my eye on Dark Side but think I'll go for this one instead now :)

    Elissa | styleaffix.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I brought this shade from collection not long ago now, and it's been my go to colour for this season. I haven't worn it recently, but I feel I may start again after reading this post!?

    -Sarah xo
    timetoseethestars.blogpost.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. I definitely need this lippy and such a bargain!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, they look so similar! I'd much rather spend £2.99 than £15! :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can't believe how similar they are, and what a bargain!

    www.accordingtoellie.co.uk

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like such a good dupe! Definitely off to Boots to get this!x

    zoeyinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE the packaging. So affordable too! Perfect this Christmas :) x

    www.fridayflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. such a perfect colour and such a perfect dupe for MAC's Dark Side! Lovely post :) xx
    fiveonecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love this shade! Such a gorgeous wintery colour!
    Jess | www.wildflowerlondon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. I know that feeling too well, I've lost my Lady Danger! :"(

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow they do look a like a lot, just got myself one today, such a beautiful color for winter
    http://velvetdivination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x