LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Merry Christmas to Me... | Ted Baker 'Lips Made For Kissing' Set


I've done it. I've caved into Boots' 3 for 2 offer on Christmas Gifts and bought one for myself. *slap wrist Bethers!*.  It wasn't intentional, I promise.  But I was lured in by the pretty little tin and the fabulous selection of lip crayons and just had to pop it into my basket.  I like to think of it as my little present to myself for being such a good Christmas shopper and getting everything sorted early this year.  It's fine to treat yourself now and again, right?  I love Boots' Christmas section - they have so many amazing gifts and I'm always tempted every year.  This is the first year in a good 5 years that I won't be working in the shopping centre where I live - I always used to pop through Boots on my way to work and grab a bargain the day that they reduced their Christmas Gifts (I used to nab myself a Soap & Glory box set at 8:15 in the morning before everyone else piled in and fought their way to the tills...I used to get the best bargains without any need for pushing or shoving) But this year, I doubt I'll be up at the crack of dawn to nab myself some 50% off treats - so I figured I'd just treat myself now to avoid disappointment.  Fully justified purchase.

Ted Baker always do lovely gift sets.  Their packaging is always spot on and I'm a sucker for anything in a tin. It was meant to be really, wasn't it? As soon as I saw the 4 different lip shades I knew I had to have it.  There isn't a single shade I wouldn't wear.  I wasn't expecting much in the pigmentation stakes but after swatching, I have to say I'm so impressed.  They're so soft and creamy and don't require building up at all. What you see is more or less what you get!  They're also really moisturising - they feel lightweight and soft on the lips - being ever so slightly glossy in appearance without feeling heavy or slippy. The perfect consistency for a lip crayon.  Sadly, they don't have names - but I'm sure that's just a beauty blogger preference! The middle 2 shades have to be my faves - the deep berry colour is just a beauty (as you may know I'm obsessed with anything slightly dark and berry-ish right now!) and the mid-pink shade is perfect for everyday wear.  They're easy to apply, easy to twist up and they glide across the lips like a dream!

Honestly - I couldn't recommend this little set enough.  For £15.00 (that's less that £4 per crayon!) it's such a good bargain - considering that similar products on the market retail for around the £8-9 mark for a singular product and often aren't as pigmented. You even get a pretty little tin too! I'm fully aware I will probably see this tin reduced by more than half price as soon as January rolls around but I just wasn't prepared to take that risk - it's definitely going to be one that flys off the shelves pretty sharpishly in my opinion! You can find the 'Lips Made for Kissing' set online here, or take a look at the other 3 for 2 gift options from Boots here. I can't wait until everything's reduced so I can grab a few more gift sets! I have my eyes on a few Champneys goodies and a few No.7 sets but I shall try my luck and wait until they're all on sale now. Fingers crossed I manage to find some more beauty gems...

Have you treated yourself to anything this Christmas? Do you have you eye on any Boots bargains?!


32 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. they're beauts! They look lovely on as well - there isnt a single one i wouldnt wear :) x

      Delete
  2. I love all of these shades! I think you deserve it ;) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks Alice :)) We're allowed to treat ourselves at Christmas!! xx

      Delete
  3. I'd have that just for the tin! Love the dark purple colour as well!

    Hallie xx
    knitteddaisy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ted Baker make-up and their lashes are really good too!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These shades are so gorgeous and they are the cutest christmas present!
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried a few Ted Baker bits & bobs, mostly bath stuff & his perfume, but never any beauty items :P but those lip crayons are everywhere & I ain't complaining :) I like to see the different colour ranges each make-up brand do & see if there will be any dupes :)

    My favourite colours are the two on the right - the red & slighty pink/red colour :) the dark colour looks like a dupe for Collection's Prohibition lipstick ? :P colour looks similar lol
    You should be buying yourself a "To Me from Me" xmas present, heck i bought myself one last friday for Soap & Glory's Yule Monty gift set :P

    Nice post Beth & beautiful pictures :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seen this the other day! So cute!

    www.tillylions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely set, I have never tried any ted baker beauty products! Must pick them up!

    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so nice! Hope i can get my hands on one!
    Natalie xx
    Youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been treating myself after work pretty much everyday! Best Christmas presents are to yourself :) these are so cute, I haven't seen them in my boots but now I'll definitely be looking out for them! The colour on the left is my favourite

    Katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    Katy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so so gorgeous, I really want to get my hands on one! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look gorgeous :) x I ordered Nars Deep Throat and Laguna although they are meant for Christmas, can't wait to try them x

    Catherines Loves

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute set, I didn't know Ted Baker did make up! These look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am guilty of doing the same. I bought myself some Eco Tool Brushes.
    These lip crayons are pretty & look very pigmented.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the look of these, so pretty! A lovely price too. I also really want a Ted Baker make-up bag, I think they're beautiful, shows it in this packaging too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this set looks gorgeous, I went in today and got lots of S&G stuff. Love the third colour in, wish I had got this now haha.

    Charlee
    CharmedCharlee 
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look amazing! I had a browse in Ted Baker yesterday and am in LOVE with all of the handbags, clutches and purses! They're so pretty and colourful!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous set - it looks so adorable and the shades are perfect, all so wearable!

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
  19. I honestly didn't know that Ted Baker did makeup! (I'm from the US so the stores are limited). These lip crayons look insanely gorgeous though! If I were you, I probably would have caved too haha. ;)
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  20. That price is absolutely amazing! The packaging is absolutely adorable and the colours actually look gorgeous!! I need this in my life now xxx




    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I literally love them all! So happy they've bought these out. x
    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This look so lovely, you're photos are gorgeous Beth!! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so impressed with the pigmentation!


    Emily
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ive had my eye on this set for a while. Waiting for it to go down in the boxing day sale! - Yes I will be that person online buying things for myself on boxing day morning!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those swatches are sooooo nice! xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah these look so beautiful, and pigmented! I love the Ted Baker Christmas range this year - everything is soooo pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like the look of this! I love all of the colours and am really impressed by how pigmented they are. I may keep an eye out for this heading into their sale ;)

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful set, I love the pale pink colour :) I'm so glad I'm not the only person who uses the offer to treat themselves, I bought two gifts and then also got a S&G eyeliner set for moi haha

    Catriona xo

    Lifestyle: http://undertheappletree18.blogspot.co.uk/
    Fashion: http://girlcallednina.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x