LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 9 October 2014

Just a Few Little Changes...


Sooo... there's an elephant in the room... Yes, the more observant amongst you may have noticed that Bird's Words has indeed had a bit of a makeover - and let me tell you - it was waaay overdue. I thought the ol' bloggles deserved a little bit of a sprucin' up for it's 3rd birthday this year (the even-more-observant amongst you may have noticed I said '4th birthday' earlier in the week. somebody can't count - just call me Joey Essex...) I started this blog when I was 21 and about to embark upon my first year of university. I had cobbled together the original layout with a quick google session and the scraps of design knowledge I had - it was alright, but skip forward a couple of years and I think it's fair to say that the old design was getting a bit stale - I'd started to feel as if my blog had out-grown its design and it really did need a bit of life breathing back in to it. I just wasn't feeling inspired by my blog anymore - my photography was starting to clash with the overload of pink, the sidebar was looking a bit of a tip, and I just didn't think that my blog reflected the person I am now at 24. It needed a serious update...

So here it is! I still want to make a few tweaks but isn't it amazing what a little re-jigging can do?! When you aren't happy with your layout, it really does effect your desire to post. I had to completely pull everything back to basics and build it from scratch - an empty little Bird's Words shell (terrifying considering I hadn't saved the old design beforehand - schoolboy error - so as soon as I restored it to default settings I passed a point of no return) - but now that I've finished university, I've finally found myself with a bit of spare time to concentrate on things like this.  It seemed like the perfect time to have an update. I don't feel like I'm the same person that I was 3 years ago - or even a few months ago for that matter - so I guess whilst I'm taking my next step in life and making a few changes, it seemed appropriate that Bird's Words did too!  

Apologies for this pointless post - I've been rather busy updating my portfolio this week along with getting my laptop fit n' healthy again after it conked out the day before a presentation last week (always happens at the worst times doesn't it!?) so I haven't had time to schedule anything. But I'll be back with a bang shortly...

21 comments:

  1. It's looking gorgeous, love the new colour scheme! x

    What Rachael Wrote

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the new design! It's super pretty and shows off your photography so much better. Would you consider getting Disqusfor comments? It makes replyng way easier x

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ella! That's exactly what i wanted - something more simple :) I keep hearing Disqus is better - i'll definitely look in to it :) xx

      Delete
  3. Looks really nice! I'm just learning how to write Wordpress so hopefully will be having a little makeover on mine too :) Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou Danielle :) Oo well done you! You can't beat a blog makeover now and again xx

      Delete
  4. Love it! Love the new header and colour scheme :D Sarah xxx

    xsarahspeaksx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! It looks so simplistic and professional so that nothing distracts from the posts, i love it :D xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like it! And I totally agree, there's nothing more liberating that refreshing the design. It almost reignites your blog love! :)

    www.beautyandthebeasts.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new design! :) Really cute and simple.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new design. I'm new to this Wordpress malarkey, think I'll give my blog a spruce up!

    Mary @ beautyonthecheap.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is not a pointless post! Love the new look! Classic and clean!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the new look and colour scheme :) I am new starting out on my blog so the design is quite basic. Would love to re-do mine :) Bea x

    beatricelily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the makeover, its gorgeous :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the layout! the pink and grey look lovely together

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win raybans worth £129! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout looks amazing, it's really fresh.
    Zeynab xx
    The Beautifully Disastrous

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love minimalist blog designs! That's the style mine is and it always looks so clean and neat. :) I love the new design, girl!

    Watching for Pigs on the Wing

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x