LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday 16 October 2014

Bath-Time Treats | The Bathory Custom Bath Soaks

The Bathory | Custom Bath Soak | £18.00* | Link

When it comes to the 'bath vs. shower' debate, there's no doubt about it - I am most certainly a bath girl. As soon as the colder weather and darker evenings roll around there's nothing I look forward to more than relaxing with some candles and a magazine and taking time out to unwind from the day's events.  Bath time is most certainly 'me time', isn't it? It's a nice little treat at the end of a long day and it's a chance to reflect on everything that's been going on - a way of melting away your worries and woes.  I often treat myself to a bath product or two (nothing ups your bath game like a luxurious soak!) but more often than not, I seem to opt for something that has specific calming qualities - I find it genuinely helps if i'm feeling a little bit anxious or stressed. I also think that fragrance is very important - if you play it right, a bath product can really help to change your mindset in an instant.

That's why I was so intrigued by 'The Bathory' - a website and brand which allows you to create your very own bath soak tailored to your specific needs and preferences, from choosing the main ingredients to individually picking which fragranced oils to blend together. Well, you didn't need to tell me twice! I got to work straight away.  I've been job hunting recently and therefore, it's fair to say I've been feeling a little 'edgy',  so I went all out with the relaxation ingredients and chose a blend that would help to calm my anxious mind. Lo and behold, a couple of days later, this wonderful little package arrived...


Firstly, I just have to mention how flippin' fantastic The Bathory's brand identity is (oo do pardon my little geek outburst there but for a graphic design graduate - this stuff never goes un-noticed. I'm scrutinising products long before I break open the lid seal let me tell you!)  From the way the products are packaged to the way the website is designed - The Bathory really do know how to make their personalised bath-soak concept work - and i mean it really works. Choosing the ingredients was such a fun experience and not once did I feel lost or confused - the simplistic nature and quirky design elements really add value to the brand ethos and what The Bathory is all about, altogether creating such a fun, indulgent experience.

The Process: So, for the first step in the process you choose what your bath soak is to be made up of. There's 3 options: 'Bask' - containing mineral salts to awaken and revive, 'Soothe' (the option I went for) which is made up of hydrating butter milk, honey and oatmeal, or 'Detox' - a blend of epsom salts and other ingredients to help draw out toxins from the body. Once you've decided this, the next bit really is the fun part! You have the option to choose from a wide variety of different oils in order to fragrance your bath soak.  Each one has a simple description which tells you what the benefits are - whether it's calming, stress-relieving, detoxing, mood-lifting... the list goes on - as well as which other oils it blends well with. This is a great feature as you're able to pick and choose what oils you want at the same time as getting some advice as to what will work well together.  If you're struggling, there's also the option to select your preferred 'mood' - The Bathory will show you options tailored to that specific mood to make it a little more simple.


The Soak: After much deliberation, I settled on my 3 essential oils - Lavender, Ylang Ylang and Chamomile.  I wanted something that was quite relaxing but I also wanted a bit of a 'kick'. I added Ylang Ylang which is said to have an 'exotic' scent which helps to uplift the senses - the perfect addition for an evening bath! I also added two key 'relaxation' oils, Lavender and Chamomile.  The soak itself is lovely it blends into the water instantly - you don't need all that much in order to fill the room with the scent and I'm always left feeling suitably relaxed afterwards! The hydrating base i chose is also perfect for this time of year - if your skin is feeling a little bit dull and dry, this helps to add some moisture to your skin and you're left feeling perfectly pampered and soothed.

Overall, I'm so impressed.  Okay - so things like this aren't a necessity but for someone like me who loves to indulge in a good bath product, it's the perfect treat. With Christmas coming up, I think it's a fab idea for someone who likes a good pamper evening - what could be better than creating your very own bath soak?!  Hand-blended in the UK, the total cost of a soak is £18* and you can find out more on their website here. Quite pricey, but considering the size of the tub and the fact that you get such a personalised experience, it's a great idea.

Are you a bath-product obsessive like me? Or will you be sticking to your shower gels?!

8 comments:

  1. The fact you choose what you want is so cool! I've never heard that before, what a great concept! I have to agree with you too, that the packaging is so sleek and just so lovely! The white on black really works! Definitely going to try these now!
    Jodie xo // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look soso good! I think im going to have to invest!

    Charlotte // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite HATING baths, products from The Bathory have always tempted me! I think it's their packaging x

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these are absolutely gorgeous, I don't even have a bath but I think the packaging seems so luxurious before I've even tried it, they would make lovely presents xxx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound so lovely, but defiantly a good present. I wouldn't be able to justify buying it myself, but with my birthday coming up it would be perfect!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. these sound right up my street! I love bath salts! i love the black and white packing too!

    This Girl Loves Chic 

    Facebook : ThisGirlLovesChic 

    YOTUBE : ThisGirlLovesChic 

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds lovely, I love the packaging too! x

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Customizable!? That's awesome. I've never tried a bath soak before-- I'm more of a Lush bath bomb/bubble bar kind of gal normally. I'll have to look into these guys! :)

    Watching for Pigs on the Wing

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x