LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Old Favourite, New Packaging | Mac's MSF Natural Powder


It's always a sad, sad day when I hit pan on my beloved Mac MSF powder. Although it's one of my most loved 'holy grail' products, I can't say I relish re-purchasing it.  Powder is one of those products that I just don't get overly excited about - yes, it's probably one of the most important steps in my makeup regime but it's more of a necessity as opposed to a treat. Try as I might to find a cheaper alternative - I can't.  So when I got towards the final dregs of my last compact (and believe me I really did scrape every single last little fleck of powder out of that pan) I tottled straight off to Mac to grab myself a new one. I never normally blog about my random re-purchases, especially if I already have a full review somewhere already, but I was really impressed with the new packaging and thought I'd share it.  I'd heard mixed opinions but I have to say I really do prefer the new, sleek design. At first, I was a little unsure - after all, when companies 'repackage' products, it's normally just a sneaky way of charging more whilst down-sizing the actual product weight...but Mac have kept everything exactly the same - they've just made their compact a little more sturdy and in my opinion, much better looking. Oh, and they've thrown in a mirror for good measure. Always a winner in my books! The magnetic closure also makes me rather happy...


The powder itself is just divine.  I've never been able to find another alternative that works for me the way Mineralise Skinfinish Natural does. I love the fact that it looks so undetectable on the skin - it doesn't dull the complexion, helps to 'airbrush' out any imperfections that my foundation hasn't covered whilst keeping any oil at bay.  It never looks like I'm wearing powder - it doesn't cling to dry patches, still allows the natural glow of my skin to show through and it also does a tip-top job at keeping my foundation in place all day.  It really does tick off all the boxes for me and I haven't gone a day without it since I first discovered it. Mac's MSF retails for £23.00 - definitely on the higher-end of the scale when it comes to powders but it lasts ages  - I've been using this for around 3 years now and I reckon I've only had to buy 3 or 4 compacts.  It also featured in my 'Best of 2013' post here. You can find Mac's Mineralise Skinfinish Natural powder on the Mac website and also in store.

What do you think to the new packaging? What's your 'go-to' powder?

25 comments:

  1. i quite like the new packaging!

    check out my blog, if you have the time
    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love this powder and I would never have thought I would miss it so much :)
    Although I prefer older packaging, this reminds me on fake Mac a little bit.
    Passing Fancy​

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by my MSF too :) Have been re-purchasing it eversince I discovered it and haven't found a product that can replace this. I quite like the sound of the magnetic packaging and I really find that this looks much more sleeker and the added mirror makes it much more handy for touch ups. I sometimes use this on my good skin days when I just want a minimal coverage.

    Great post, Have a lovely day! ♥

    *Yingcbeauty*

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m flying out to Dublin later this year and will be picking this up in the airport. I have always wanted to try it!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I adore the new packaging, I have this powder and I agree it leaves the skin still looking like skin yet perfects so well!
    Liza | Glambeautys Beauty & Fashion Blog | YouTube | Glambambini Family & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know I have yet to try this powder yet. Maybe soon. I do love my studio tech!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never used a MSF, but I love the new packaging so that might be an excuse for me to finally try one! x

    http://earlgreyandeyeliner.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the new packaging and the fact that it now includes a mirror x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahw i want this product soo bad!! lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only got a tiny bit left of my MSF and I wasn't too sure on the new packaging but I love the idea of a mirror! I might treat myself to a new one for Christmas!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like the new packaging! I am yet to try a MSF, I have only tried the Soft & Gentle highlighter from MAC's powders xx
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was really skeptical about the new packaging but seeing inside has actually changed my opinion! I love that they have included a mirror as powder compacts without are definitely lacking. My favourite powder has to the the Face of Australia Translucent Setting Powder that Lauren Curtis always talks about, it truly is amazing.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really want to try this.

    Leonie ♥ IkonikBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually have never tried this so in terms of packaging I was clueless but still high on my WANT list xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bought this in New York in October 2013 and I've only just run out. Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a solid upgrade on the packaging - I owned one before and loved the powder but it was tooo heavy for my liking :) The packaging now makes me want to get it again though, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aswell as the new packaging I've noticed a few new price rises :(
    http://charlottesophiaroberts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I couldn't be without my MAC powders. I usually use the Studio Fix powder however I noticed that it had started to go a bit cakey on my oily skin so I went and picked up the Blot Powder today which is amazing! MAC seriously do the best powders. xx

    Lipgloss & Lashes

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the quickest way to confuse me, packaging changes always make think I've lost my favourite. Their powders are one of their only items I've not really tried, think that needs to change!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the new packaging! Lovely pictures Beth xox


    Justine | Beauty Toolkit

    ReplyDelete

  21. I think the new packaging is very sleek! Always love Mac products<3


    Brooklynn | That Brooklynn Paige

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hate it. My friend had one in her make up bag and I thought it was a FAKE. I had to go to the MAC counter to verifiy its authenticity x

    Beauty & le Chic

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is post has solved my problem on whether to get this or not and I definitely will be, I love your blog so much and your posts are always amazing :)
    http://www.beautybyholliana.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x