LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 19 January 2014

The Love Continues for Collection DeLuxe Lipsticks... | Prohibition & Tallulah


De-ja vu? Well, yes - the more avid readers amongst you might have clocked on to the fact that I've already posted about Collection's Deluxe Lipstick in 'Prohibition' (you can read that post here if you're interested!). I promise I'm not a broken record - I just adore the shade so much that I went out of my way when in town the other week in order to pick up a back-up of it - it really is my 'winter berry' favourite.  I've run it down quite sharpishly to say the least and, well, you know what it's like when you really do love a lipstick... A back-up shade is an absolute necessity. You know it's true love when you can't bare to spend a single day without it living in your makeup bag! Anyway, whilst I was at the Collection stand - I decided that I'd pick up another shade from the range. It would have been rude not to. After all, I love 'Prohibition' so much that it seems silly not to have a swatch and a ponder over it's relatives...

I settled on 'Tallulah' - a gorgeous baby pink shade.  I don't own a lot of pink shades as I'm much more of a 'corals and reds' kind of girl - so this mid-toned pastel was just the ticket.  Expand your horizons and all that... I expected nothing less than the same pigmented, creamy texture of my beloved 'Prohibition' and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.  Just one swipe provides instant colour pay off and staying power is amazing for a pastel shade! If you're familiar with Mac shades, I'd say it was somewhere in between 'Creme Cup' and 'Chatterbox' - I'd still class it as an understated nude pastel - but it's got a little bit of 'kick' to it - and stands out on the lips without looking too 'wannabee Barbie'.  What I like about it is that it doesn't lean too cool or too warm - it's just a lovely neutral shade of pink and it seems to brighten up my complexion in an instant (which is rare for pinks as they usually look quite bland against my skin).  I must admit it looks slightly cooler in tone on camera than it does in the flesh - but it really is a beautiful pink and has fast become one of my favourite everyday shades.  I'm still a corals girl through and through - but when the 'pink moment' strikes me - I have this little beauty to reach for!

As for 'Prohibition' - I guess it speaks for itself.  It looks a little lighter on the swatch in this post for some reason - but if you want to get an idea of how it looks on the lips, see it in more of a 'true light' and read up more on what I think to it - then head over to my post on it here.  I think the fact that I've already repurchased another speaks volumes for my love of the shade. Overall, I really do recommend checking out Collection's Deluxe range.  They don't have many shades (and I'm hoping they expand their selection soon) but the colours they do have are so wearable and pretty and I'd happily purchase the whole bunch. I'd liken the finish to Mac's Amplified lipsticks - super creamy and pigmented with fabulous staying power. For just £3.99 they're worth every penny.

What are your thoughts on the Collection DeLuxe range? What's your favourite shade?

23 comments:

  1. tallulah looks absolutely beautiful! such a girly shade and for only £4 I think I might have to pick it up the next time i'm in boots :)

    ruffles and lace xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its stunning isn't it?! Really girly and pretty - well worth the money x

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this collection but I do have loads of other collection lipsticks which I love. They do really good red shades which are very comparable to mac shades (russian red, ruby woo) and they have similar staying power I find at a total fraction of the cost. I'll have to try these next. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collection seem to get it spot on don't they! Will have to try a few more of their reds xx

      Delete
  3. Yes! :) Apologies - just realised i havent popped a link on there - but they're available it Boots and Superdrug i think :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really creamy and super pigmented I haven't been too impressed with anything from Collection before but these look really nice, and probably affordable too...I sense a trip to Boots ;) x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely shades! I hadnt heard of these before (im so behind on blog reading so hadnt seen your previous post) They sound and look great though!


    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg these look amazing! great post, definitely trying these out xx

    i also have a big pamper pack giveaway on my blog! check it out if you like, its easy to enter :)

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.fr/2014/01/600-follower-giveaway-pamper-pack.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not heard of these lipsticks before. The pink shade is gorgeous! ♥

    www.j4miejohnston.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both shades are so lovely! A bold lip is always nice!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so amazing. I've had prohibition on my wishlist since i saw your review and now tallulah is too! Exactly my kind of colours

    Katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    Katy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of this brand before but the colours are so pretty and such good pigmentation!
    Thanks for the post :)

    Please check out my beauty blog nailsandteapots.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to try any of the Collection lipsticks because I'm a MAC girl at heart, but your swatches and high praise might just sway me enough to buy one. Or two. Or three. Is it just this line that you love, or are all of their lipsticks a lovely formula and colour payoff?

    Kerry x
    dulltoglam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ive never tried these! they look fab :) berrie-blogs.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Talullah, I think it's one of my favourite shades that I own! Such great pigmentation too for a cheap little product xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of these shades, they look gorgeous! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo Beth, you've done it again haha :P you're making me spend a fortune in my virtual-never-ending-bank ;) I've spotted the talullah lipstick on the Superdrug website & it looks gorgeous for everyday for me :) & you cannot go out without getting a back up lipstick - my Kate moss lippies are coming close to the end & i need to re-purchase!

    brilliant post Beth ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Prohibition! Have to get looking for it now next time I am shopping. New follower :-)

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look super pretty and I love the price tag! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks to you I picked up one of these lipsticks! Cant wait to use it :)

    Danniella x | www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look great! Super pigmented too, I might have to have a look at these.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've got both shades and 'speakeasy' and absolutely love them! They are amazing considering they're just under £4, such a shame there are a mere five shades to choose from xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look like such gorgeous lipsticks, especially the colours you choose! Think I'll have to have a look next time I go shopping! xo

    Hannah | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x