LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday 31 January 2014

New Fragrance Favourite | Jimmy Choo Flash London Club Perfume

Jimmy Choo 'Flash London Club' Perfume | World Duty Free* | Jimmy Choo Site |

When it comes to fragrance, it's fair to say I have quite the collection. Call me a marketer's dream but I adore the designs of bottles and boxes and I easily fall for luxurious and quirky names. However, only a select few manage to make it to 'everyday scent' status.  Jimmy Choo's new offering - 'Flash' - has to be one of them.  I instantly fell head over heels in love with it.  Now, I know it's near on impossible to describe a perfume through words - so I shan't attempt to provide you with a load of poetic dribble.  The only way I can describe it is 'musky'. It contains hints of citrus, as well as having a certain 'woody' tone to it so it has that almost 'sweet yet sour, girly yet sophistated' sort of vibe going on. It's really pretty without being overpoweringly sweet and it has sort of crispness it.   If you ever bought the original Jimmy Choo fragrance, 'Flash' is much like it's muskier, less sweet cousin.  I have to say I think I prefer 'Flash' to the original - big claims there - but if you weren't much of a fan of the original, don't let it put you off giving this little beauty a sniff.  They're completely different. World Duty Free describe the scent as 'Fruity, Powdery, Sensual and Warm' - I definitely agree it has powdery hints to it - it's really sultry.

The bottle is stunning - a gorgeous, quirky and fun design inspired by disco balls and decor in London Clubs - it oozes glamour and gorgeous-ness.  I adore the purple colour, the delicate detailing on the sides of the cube and the 'dipped in glitter' effect.  Dip something in glitter, colour it a girly shade and give it an appealing lid and, well, I'm sold.  But it's not only the bottle design, the fragrance itself is simply stunning.  It also lasts ages.  Honestly, spray this in the morning and it will last all day long. It lingers. I've had so many people ask me what perfume I'm wearing - people at uni, my mother - even somebody in my bus queue the other day! One of my friends commented on how lovely it was - and said she had been catching whiffs of it all day.  Thumbs up, Jimmy Choo, thumbs up.  My mum has even lined it up as her next perfume purchase - everytime she's in town she gives it a quick spritz before coming home...

I kid you not, I've been wearing this non-stop since I received it.  And I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do.  I liked the original, but I love this one and I will grab myself a new bottle in a heartbeat.   It's currently £35.50 in Boots for 40ml if you fancy using up your advantage card points (anyone else spend theirs on new perfume? I do! I save them until I have around £60 and then go CRAY!).  All Beauty also have it on their website for an amazing price of £27.95 for 40ml - well worth it!

Have you tried the Jimmy Choo 'Flash' perfume? What are your thoughts on the Original Jimmy Choo fragrance?

16 comments:

  1. A girl in my work had this on this morning, I instantly knew what the bottle was, cause of the eye-catching bottle! So thumbs up on the design Jimmy Choo :D The scent smelt different to perfume's i normally go for - i prefer girlie, fresh scents, so I think I need to have another whiff of this perfume again :)
    lovely pictures Beth :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous photos and it seems like an amazing scent x
    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh think i need to try this! :)

    Beth | Hey It's Toots

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the bottle! I bought this for my mum the other day it's such a pretty scent and definitly smells even nicer once worn for a bit, think I want it now!
    Liza | Beauty & Fashion Blog Glambeautys | YouTube | Family & Lifestyle Blog Glambambini

    ReplyDelete
  5. The original Jimmy Choo was really nice, I wouldn't mind giving this a try :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This scent sounds really gorgeous, and I love the bottle too! x
    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got both jimmy choo fragrances! I love them both but I also love how different they are! This one has to be my current favourite though. The only downside is that mine was in a gift set and it's not glittery :( x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of the bottle! So pretty :) xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bottle alone is beautiful! Will keep my eye out for this one!

    Kelly x

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! This sounds like a lovely fragrance :)

    I've tagged you to do the 30 Questions Tag! I hope you'll have a go at it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you and totally love the design of this bottle, its so girly and I love the added glitter. Sounds as though it smells amazing too. Lovely review hunni xxx

    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  12. This bottle looks gorgeous! I must give this a whiff!

    Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this perfume. It was my duty free splurge on a trip to Iceland and while we were there my bf proposed! It will forever be my engagement perfume, and the bottle's shaped like a diamond - meant to be!

    Col F
    http://colsbeautybubble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x