LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Mac Haul | Lipsticks, Eye Kohl & 'Turquatic'


Oh deary me. Look what happened. Beth walks into Mac and yet again comes away with more than one 'little treat'. Ok, so I didn't buy all of this stuff in one go - that would be rather extravagant of me to say the least, but I have indulged in a bit of cosmetic related retail therapy just recently. I decided to grab a few more lipsticks - Mac are without a doubt my favourite brand to go for if I wish to treat myself to a new lippie or two... I just can't resist them and there's something rather fulfilling about building up my collection and seeing them all in my lipstick drawer stacked neatly next to one another.. (just me, no?) Anyway, I thought it was about time I shared my purchases with you all...

Mac Red | Satin | I actually went in with the intention of buying Russian Red - but I much preferred this shade as it's ever so slightly brighter.  I also don't find Satin as drying as the matte finishes.

Creme d' Nude | Cremesheen | I've been after a pale nude for a while now and it was a toss up between this one and Myth. Myth was just a little bit too much for me so I settled on this one - much more wearable for me and a shade that is a must-have in my collection. Perfect for pairing with smokey eyes or 'understated' days.

Half n Half | Amplified | I've wanted a muted brown toned nude for a while now. I actually bought Velvet Teddy a while back but it's just far too dark for me at the moment (you can view it in my Mac Lipstick Collection post here)- Half n Half is just that touch lighter and looks much more 'me'.

Up The Amp | Amplified | Definitely an impulse buy! I've wanted it for ages as I don't have many purple shades. This one is perfect as it's vibrant but isn't too dark for my skin tone - it's quite a quirky, fun shade!

Chatterbox | Amplified | I've wanted this for donkeys! This lipstick was made for me - from the vibrant pink tone even down to the name (if I was a Mr Men character I would most definitely be Little Miss Chatterbox...) I actually picked this up in a blog sale and I was so chuffed to bits to get my hands on it!

Mac Eye Kohl in 'Smolder' | I've never actually tried any of Mac's pencil liners! Shocking I know but I just think a smokey black liner is a staple item in any make-up bag and this one is renowned for it's staying power.

Mac Perfume in 'Turquatic' | Me and my perfumes.. honestly. I think I have some sort of strange obsession with buying scents! This one is gorgeous and it's the definition of a summer perfume! I cannot wait to spritz this as soon as the sunshine comes out!

...woops. What can I say.. these pesky little items just took a leap into my hands, dragged me to the till and forced me to pay for them.. I think I shall have to be doing an updated Mac Lipstick Collection post pretty soonish at this rate! Eek! Next on my wish list is 'Morange', 'Milan Mode' and 'Blankety'... and I wouldn't say no to 'Fanfare' either.. Goodness me there's no hope for my bank account is there?

What's on your Mac wishlist right now?


53 comments:

  1. love the colours you've bought, especially creme d' nude & chatterbox!

    http://confessionsbeautyfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lauren! Oo yes I think they're my faves of the lot too :) Creme d' Nude is so perfect i have no idea why i never bought it before! x

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I love smoulder! And the lipsticks you got look lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really cant wait to try it! Its a holy grail eyeliner for a lot of bloggers! :) xx

      Delete
  3. So many gorgeous lipsticks! Really can't wait to try the MAC ones, they're all so pretty! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so beautiful aren't they! The packaging just makes my day everytime i look at them haha xx

      Delete
  4. I really need to add chatterbox to my collection, wanted it for so long now! looks beaut xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its gorgeous! Definitely one to add to your collection :) xx

      Delete
  5. I really want creme 'd nude lipstick now:) Such a pretty colour!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its such a good everyday colour! ive worn it everyday since i bought it! x

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous colours! I love the red shade the most, although I can imagine Chatterbox and Up the amp looking amazing on you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im such a sucker for reds! :) My favourite has to be Lady Danger though! Up the Amp is unlike anything i own already! superly duperly excited to use it :) x

      Delete
  7. You picked up the nicest lipsticks! Chatterbox looks like such a nice vibrant pink and i have been lusting over creme d' nude for so long x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Chatterbox and I love it! Perfect for summer. Half and half looks like the perfect everyday colour aswell xx

    www.charissarae.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really need to get myself some mac products, preferbly a lipstick. Up the Amp is such a lovely colour!xx

    vintage teapot//fashion, beauty & life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my boyfriends buying me the Turquatic Perfume, cant wait to try it seems to be everyones favourite! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Up the Amp looks absolutely beautiful! I would never be brave enough to wear this colour, but its so pretty, I must say i'm tempted to buy one and get out of my comfort zone!

    chloeopinions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello ,
    I was just wondering what camera you use please could you email me at oliviachalmers14@gmail.com to let me no thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I'm so jealous, Half n Half and Creme d'Nude are both on my March wishlist, as are Shy Girl, Creme Cup and Blankety. Cos I'm still a MAC lipstick virgin atm! So excited to start my collection this month xx

    http://hollslucy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of those lipsticks look so amazing!:)

    check out my blog if you have the time?
    http//georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my god beaut!! id love to see a collection of all your lippies you crazy spending girl :P love it!! some lovely colours!!

    Love Emily xx

    http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Muted brown tones are gorgeous, I love Half n Half!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the lipsticks that you picked up x

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the look of Creme d'nude

    fashion--geek.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the lip sticks you picked up! They all look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. aww you picked up some fab bits babes, I've wanted Russian Red for the longest of time but Mac Red looks gorgeous might have to get this one instead or both lol. xxx

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are gorgeous, especially chatterbox! xx

    emilyjaneosborne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning photos, you chose some really gorgeous shades, most of which are on my wishlist right now!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I live Creme de Nude! It's a perfect nude color!

    Xo aly

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a really nice haul, all the lippies are just beautiful :) Mac Red is such a gorgeous red and half an half looks good too :) I'd love to try their lipsticks and eyeshadows, but we don't have MAC here :(

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really want to try that perfume, Tanya Burr was talking about it and I really need a new perfume! I love creme d'nude as well. I need more MAC lipsticks in my life xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. haha for a minute i actually thought you had bought this all in one go :P i don't even want to start counting how much everything cost you except the blog sale chatterbox - which is a lovely bold colour! :D
    half n half is a lovely nude shade & your right about wearing this with bold eyes or understatement days :) this colour would be ideal for me wearing at work :)

    i was going to say i love chatterbox the most but i love everything you bought :D can't wait for the reviews :D

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been thinking about buying Creme d' Nude recently actually, I've ran out of all my nude lipsticks! And every summertime I go to buy Turquatic but haven't yet for some reason, I really want it though!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Up the Amp is beautiful, just what I'm looking for xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the look of Up The Amp. I dont really have any lilacy lippys <3

    Justaddicingandsprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love mac lippies! I own and lover chatterbox in the summer time.
    Right now I am swooning over Macs Coral Bliss Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh I love Chatterbox, Iv'e been wearing it all this month. And, Up the Amp has been on my wishlist forever

    ReplyDelete
  33. gorgeous photography!!! Loving chatterbox! x

    ReplyDelete
  34. SUCH good picks! i bought the two lipsticks from the making pretty collection so i can't justify buying anymore but thanks to this post i now want half n half!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow would love to pick up so many at once, think chatter box may have to be the next one on my hit list. x

    whatsonyourtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh this makes me want to run to the MAC store right now! I have the eye kohl in smolder as well. I use it almost daily. Creme d' nude looks so perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am obsessed with Mac lipsticks, i haven't bought any in so long i don't know which to choose but I love chatterbox and half n half. they look like really pretty colours!x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Chatterbox is one of my favourites! Lovely shades xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. I really love your blog, its so interesting! Good info too!



    Ive just started a new blog it would be great if you could check it out and comment some feedback http://sunsetcovex.blogspot.com Lottie XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  40. I absolutely adore Turquatic such an amazing scent and bottle! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  41. Mac Red and Chatterbox are gorgeous colors! I am stopping by the mall today, I'll see how these colors look on me, thanks for sharing the swatches!

    Xo, Janelle GlamorousMama

    ReplyDelete
  42. I never think about buying any of the scents from MAC ! Might have to check that one out :) I love Up the Amp but I really want Morange!!

    Rachel @ AMomentInTime.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow I am absolutely loving all of those lipstick shades! Really want some more MAC lipsticks in my life, I'm still on the hunt for my perfect nude and think MAC may well be the answer. Up the amp looks so cool!
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous haul!! I love creme cup :D xx

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x