LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, 11 April 2013

Bev Ridge & Friends | Lip Gloss Trio

Bev Ridge & Friends | Distracted By Shiny Things - Lip Gloss Trio* | £10.00 [link]

A while back, I received an email all about a new website for beauty fans and fellow bloggers called 'Baobella'. After having a mooch around on the site, I began to think of it like a Pinterest/weheartit purely for beauty lovers - with all sorts of social media-typed features packed in. You can upload swatches and makeup looks you've created for others to see and comment on, as well as creating a little online list of brands and products you love.  If you're a beauty fan and haven't yet heard of the site, it might be of interest to you and it's worth having a play around on! The lovely bunch at Baobella very kindly sent me a little treat when they first launched in the form of these little tubes of sparkly goodness, and I thought I'd share them with you all - if you're looking for a pretty gift for a friend or simply looking for a little treat to yourself, then 'Bev Ridge' and friends offer some lovely bits and pieces (some of which I actually picked up for stocking fillers at Christmas time).

The lip glosses come packaged in a lovely decorative box, complete with little floral lids which are coated in a sort of paper-y material, which adds such a unique twist. One thing I really do like is the quirky packaging!  The lip glosses themselves are really nice - if you've read my blog before you'll know I'm very fussy when it comes to lip glosses. They are ever so slightly on the sticky side but not so much that I can't wear them - they're not too thick in consistency which is a big plus point for me, as it makes them more comfortable to wear. My favourite shade has been the mid-pink shade which has teeny-tiny flecks of shimmer running throughout it (seen above in my swatches) - it's just perfect for everyday wear and looks really pretty worn on its own (in the photograph) or over a lipstick. I do like a little gloss to my lips - as you can probably see I have natural lines on my bottom lip and matte formulations ofter don't look too flattering on me due to this - so having a little gloss to slick over the top is rather handy! I really like the baby pink shade - if you know me you'll know I'm partial to a nude pink lipstick or two, and this pairs really well with a tonne of my pink lipsticks - I actually find this shade the least sticky of them all.  If you're after a little gift for a lip gloss fan then it's worth having a look into these - the designs are really quirky and fun, and the little Hawaiian-inspired patterned paper lids on these glosses are just so cute. Not to mention that your purse will surely thank you for it!  Oh - and to top it all off, they smell gorgeous - very sweet and girly. Just my cup of tea.

Have you tried anything from Bev Ridge & friends?
Have you got yourself a Baobella profile? If so, do pop a little link in the comments for me to have a nose!




29 comments:

  1. super cute packaging!!! Its soooo glossy too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packaging it's super super cute

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks so beautiful on your lips!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All 3 of the glosses look gorgeous :) xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packaging is lovely and they look nice in the tube, but the picture of the gloss on you lips makes them look horrible and lumpy. I think I'll pass on them.

    letitiaharriet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a baobella profile Hun x only new tho so not too many pics x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of these the packaging is so pretty though xx

    loveontopxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boabella sounds like a great site! And the shades are perfect for spring!
    xxx

    oliviasword.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah how cute is the packaging! I have never heard of the brand but will check them out x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so lovely! The packaging and shades are so pretty, you can never have too many lipglosses :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not seen the brand before, but I love the packaging.. it would stand out in the bottom of my bag where there's about a 100 different lip products rolling around hehe xxxx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're so pretty. I like the darkest pink on the right on your swatches, I love strong pinks for lips. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd never heard of Bev Ridge & friends before but their packaging is super gorgeous!! Great post!

    grannygee.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the packaging! they look and sound great!:) xo

    Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blog defo your newest follower so keep up the good work!
    Gonna have to try these they look lovely !

    www.itsflashyfash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've not heard of them before but I love the packaging! How pretty! I especially love the shimmery one, it looks so lovely :) x

    cutesfruits.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I don't know what is more gorgeous: the colors or the packaging!:) I think I would just look at them all day long!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never heard of that brand but the packaging is really lovely! I will keep an eye out for these :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the packaging for these! It's my friend's birthday soon so I think she can expect to get these ;). I've been practically addicted to your blog recently btw!

    I would LOVE it if you would check my blog out and maybe even follow too? :D

    http://hashtaglifeyumsigh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/pressure-to-be-perfect-hashtag-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous packaging & super luscious on!! Love it.

    Love Lucee xx
    lifewithlucee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. the packaging absolutely makes this product xx

    Shannen | shann-mariee-dee.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooo I love the packaging of these and the colours look gorgeous, I really must get more into my lip glosses! I've also just reviewed MAC shy girl as it's my favourite lipstick of the moment so thanks for recommending that Beth :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such gorgeous packaging, beautiful colours too :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your pictures are just amazing Beth! How gorgeous is that shade you're wearing as well? love it. Off to check out Baobella now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice I will need to check this brand out :D

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. That baby pink :O love it! Definitely checking these out :)

    http://justanotherhighmaintenancegirl.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Never heard of this brand before but it looks absolutely gorgeous! Will definitely be checking it out now :D

    Found you from Gems Beauty blog (she featured you in a post earlier).

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  28. These look so pretty, I'm a sucker for pretty packaging :D The baby pink shade looks beautiful :)
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x