LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 23 March 2012

How to... Tone Your Legs & Banish Uneven Skintone.


Summer is coming around the corner, and that can only mean one thing - the legs are coming out. No more laziness when it comes to the pins, girls! Now, obviously if you want to spruce up any part of your body then you are going to have to do some form of exercise - but admittedly a few leg lifts and a bit of Zumba on the Wii is as far as it goes for me. So i like to use a few products just to help keep them looking smooth and toned when i've been a bit slack with the fitness regime..

Body Lotions:

Nivea Q10 Firming Body Lotion - I've used countless bottles of this and it's my number one 'go to' product for use on areas i wish to tone up. It really does make a difference to the skin as it smooths out any imperfections and instantly makes it feel firmer. A big plus for me is that it absorbs really quickly, is quick and easy to apply and provides instant moisture. The Q10 formula is also said to help stimulate cell's energy production, thus making the skin appear more radiant and visibly tighter within 2 weeks.


Jergens Firming Lotion - A fairly new addition to my regime. My mother recommended this to me (never one to ignore advice from the mummabear). I've been using it for the past couple of weeks and so far really liking it.
Body Butters:

The Body Shop Coconut Shimmer Body Butter - The only body butter i EVER use and swear by. I just love it. I could literally devour the whole tub because it smells that good. Body butters are of a thicker consistency and are intensely and richly moisturising to the skin which helps keep it soft and supple. If you've never tried body butters before then i recommend the body shop ones simply because they smell delicious (I go for the shimmery version just because i love a bit of shimmer in my life!)

Cellulite Serums:

Nivea 'Goodbye Cellulite 10 Day Serum' - In the brighter light of summer, sometimes the skin on my legs can look a bit uneven. I always use one of these up to a month before i go away on holiday alongside my Nivea Q10. It lasts for ages as you only need a small amount and the fact that the serum needs massaging in also helps your skin's appearance (the serum formula does linger on the skin slightly so it's best used before bed or up to 10 minutes before getting dressed).


Body Scrubs:

Palmers Cocoa Butter Body Scrub - I LOVE Palmers Cocoa butter, and one of the staple products in my bathroom cabinet is their exfoliating scrub. Any form of exfoliation is good for skin's appearance as it removes dead skin cells, making the skin appear brighter and smoother (I also use this for removing any stubborn fake tan!) I tend to concentrate on exfoliating the tops of my legs in the summer as it seems to buff away any imperfections.


Soap & Glory 'Feel The Knead' Soap - Any uneven skin tone or cellulite is instantly improved by massaging and exfoliating the skin on a regular basis - FACT :) Soap & Glory is one of my favourite brands to opt for when i fancy a little bath time treat and this soap most definitely intrigued me! It contains all sorts of ingredients to help your skin (seaweed, anyone?), and is also packed with little grains to exfoliate at the same time. The little 'nobbles' (ahaa.. oh dear.. i never thought I'd use the word 'nobbles' in a post..) act as a massager and 'stimulates fluid movement and drainage, and can help reduce the appearance of cellulite' (their words - not mine! - 'fluid movement and drainage'? *shudders*).


Body Brushes:

Sanctuary Hip & Thigh Brush - Again with the massaging but you'd be surprised how much this makes a difference, even after one use. You use this on dry skin (before you shower) and massage upwards in circular motions. Body brushes boost circulation, making skin appear more radiant, and also help to eliminate toxins in the body. This instantly makes my skin appear brighter and any uneven skin tone/bumpy bits less noticeable (if used regularly throughout the week then it provides more long-term results). It feels like you're doing your body some good when you use it and i swear by this in the summer months - makes skin feel so soft to the touch and is good preparation for your moisturiser. 

And if all else fails...


FAKE TAN!!! - If you still don't feel confident with your legs then it's proven that false tan helps to hide all matter of skin sins. I always feel more toned up when i've applied my beloved St Tropez! I also use the St Tropez Illuminator in 'Gold' (face and body highlighter). I apply this down the fronts of my legs in a thin line (blended of course) - it makes them appear slimmer than they really are.




What are your 'swear by' summer body products?




13 comments:

  1. I have the Sanctuary body brush but I'm terrible at remembering to use it! I must get a good body scrub and that Nivea cellulite lotion!
    Great post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OO mee too im awful with routines!! The nivea lotion is soo good - if you use it for a few weeks then the difference is really noticeable! xx

      Delete
  2. I love this post. It is very helpful and informative :)
    I now want to try to Q10 lotion.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyouu :) Yess try it! I cant live without it xx

      Delete
  3. massive fan of st tropez but have never tried the illuminating gold product and i really want to now!! your blog is great. charlotte xx

    charlottenatalielauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its really good and lasts agesss :) can use it on your cheekbones too :)

      aww thankyouuu :) xx

      Delete
  4. LOVE the Jergens firming body lotion, used to re-purchase this all the time but not used it for a while, may have to get another bottle of this!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess it's fast becoming one of my favourites too :) xx

      Delete
    2. Yess.. it's fast becoming one of my favourites too :) xx

      Delete
  5. It looks like you're prepared for summer weather! I've really gone off the look of my legs recently and was beginning to panic a bit aout summer...I'll try a couple of these products and hope to god that they help!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hate mine too :( Theyre so short and stubby which makes them look worse than they are! The body brushes are my favourite :) the sanctuary one is amazing x

      Delete
  6. I need to sort my legs out for summer asap! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! I'll be sure to try out some of these products! If u want an intensely nourishing moisturiser - try coconut oil! Best. Thing. Ever. If u like, check ours my beauty secrets post! :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of my lovely comments. Make sure you check back as i often reply but if you do have a specific question and want a quicker response then please do email me over at birds.words@yahoo.co.uk or tweet me (@Beth_BirdsWords). Thank you for all your support! x